Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Iso_123

has anyone been wearing a fitbit as a watch? is this allowed or does it count as a smart watch? the battery on my wrist watch went yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 34 eLawGirl

If we enter the lobby does it start recording you?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lawgrad49

eLawGirl wrote: »

Don't think so, there is no camera on screen so I took it that it wasn't.

I joined the lobby around 9.15 yeterday and got up from the desk and came back around 9.55, as it's a long time waiting haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

Iso_123 wrote: »
    has anyone been wearing a fitbit as a watch? is this allowed or does it count as a smart watch? the battery on my wrist watch went yesterday

i wore a fit bit for all 5 of my exams

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Iso_123

eLawGirl wrote: »

for November my camera/webcam light came on when I entered the lobby so I think it does

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 eLawGirl

Iso_123 wrote: »
    for November my camera/webcam light came on when I entered the lobby so I think it does

I'm in my bedroom and just don't want it to record as I'm getting ready :P I'll proceed with caution thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lawgrad49

Could someone clarify the order of priorities in a winding up? I have like two different versions in my notes that are confusing. This is what comes up when I google it:

(1) the costs and expenses of the liquidation;
    (2) preferential creditors (comprising employee entitlements and
    unpaid taxes);
    (3) floating charge holders;
    (4) unsecured creditors; and
    (5) members and contributories.

Where do Revenue & Fixed charge holders slot in? I know ROTC stand outside the liquidation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Hereforfe1

awsah wrote: »
    i wore a fit bit for all 5 of my exams

It says no smart watches it's probably fine but I've been taking mine off

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Lealaw

lawgrad49 wrote: »
    Could someone clarify the order of priorities in a winding up? I have like two different versions in my notes that are confusing. This is what comes up when I google it:

(2) preferential creditors (comprising employee entitlements and
    unpaid taxes);
    (3) floating charge holders;
    (4) unsecured creditors; and
    (5) members and contributories.

Where do Revenue & Fixed charge holders slot in? I know ROTC stand outside the liquidation.

(2) fixed charge
    (3) preferential creditors (comprising employee entitlements and
    unpaid taxes); revenue
    (4)floating charge holders;
    (5) unsecured creditors; and
    (6) members and contributories.

S.409 Registration of the charge date/time registered of importance.

And then yes, RofT is separate but complex may require registration and if complex incorporated into a new item may be unable to be registered (Borden v Scottish Timber)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Mc96

I'm sitting Company tomorrow but my BetterExaminations still hasn't updated to show I have an exam scheduled, is everyone elses the same? Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 emilyj_a

CONTRACT
    Can someone please help, would I be covered with the following topics for contract?
    Offer & Acceptance, Consideration, Intention to create legal relations, Misrepresentation,
    Privity, Duress, undue influence, Capacity, Discharge, Remedies and consumer protection.
    Would it be wise to add mistake or estoppel to the list? I'm aware they came up in the last paper.
    Any suggestions would help me out at this stage, I can't afford to fail

emilyj_a wrote: »
    CONTRACT
    Can someone please help, would I be covered with the following topics for contract?
    Offer & Acceptance, Consideration, Intention to create legal relations, Misrepresentation,
    Privity, Duress, undue influence, Capacity, Discharge, Remedies and consumer protection.
    Would it be wise to add mistake or estoppel to the list? I'm aware they came up in the last paper.
    Any suggestions would help me out at this stage, I can't afford to fail

Have you covered unfair terms in consumer protection?

I know exclusion clauses came up in November but she often throws them in with questions on offer and acceptance/consumer protection so I think you might be better to have a quick look over exclusion than estoppel or mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Lcork23

Mc96 wrote: »
    I'm sitting Company tomorrow but my BetterExaminations still hasn't updated to show I have an exam scheduled, is everyone elses the same? Thanks!

They normally don't appear until that morning. I wouldn't be worried.

Lcork23 wrote: »
    They normally don't appear until that morning. I wouldn't be worried.

Thanks a million, in November they were up a few days before so I was starting to get a bit nervy!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭neon123

Thanks a million, in November they were up a few days before so I was starting to get a bit nervy!

Mine isn't appearing either but constitutional appeared the day before the exam earlier this week, so I hope there's no messing tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭vkfe1

Company

Anyone else find that the Co. questions are just blending into one topic? Cases keep popping into my head and I can't assign them to anything. Panic stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭LeagleEagle747

Anybody slightly worried about being flagged? Went to the bathroom twice but accidently clicked ctrl+o and opened my documents folder twice instead of ctrl+i....hopefully won't be pulled

Don't worry I managed to hit ctrl+v in contract in November and pasted a whole page of notes that I'd been looking at the night before and still passed no issues

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭bobbyness

Don't worry I managed to hit ctrl+v in contract in November and pasted a whole page of notes that I'd been looking at the night before and still passed no issues

The system doesn't flag you if you paste text from a different source onto the exam?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭fe1fi20

Property Exam

are the following topics enough to learn for property: succession, adverse possession, co-ownership, easements, finding, mortgages

bobbyness wrote: »
    The system doesn't flag you if you paste text from a different source onto the exam?!?

Personally no, nothing whatsoever, nothing popped up, the screen didn't change, the thing didn't shut down or anything. And I never heard anything about it afterwards either and got in the high 60s, so I dunno how this system works anymore lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭vkfe1

fe1fi20 wrote: »
    Property Exam

are the following topics enough to learn for property: succession, adverse possession, co-ownership, easements, finding, mortgages
    Throw in Registered V UnRegistered Land (Essay) as it didn't come up last year and its a nice easy topic :) If you have time though!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭fe1fi20

vkfe1 wrote: »
    Throw in Registered V UnRegistered Land (Essay) as it didn't come up last year and its a nice easy topic :) If you have time though!

Does anyone find the fact they can't tell how long their answers actually are is incredibly off-putting? I feel I'm never writing enough and yet I'm always stuck for time, considering we've an extra half an hour and my typing is way faster than my writing. Feeling like I'm wasting money sitting these exams at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Al1501

Does anyone find the fact they can't tell how long their answers actually are is incredibly off-putting? I feel I'm never writing enough and yet I'm always stuck for time, considering we've an extra half an hour and my typing is way faster than my writing. Feeling like I'm wasting money sitting these exams at the moment.

I think it might just be that it looks incredibly short typed compared to written. Some of my November answers were only a page long and I passed comfortably.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭bobbyness

Personally no, nothing whatsoever, nothing popped up, the screen didn't change, the thing didn't shut down or anything. And I never heard anything about it afterwards either and got in the high 60s, so I dunno how this system works anymore lol

Sent you a pm there when you get a chance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 FEONE

Are people mainly focusing on disposition of assets pre winding up considering post winding up appeared on the last paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bkm2020

Hi All,

For anyone doing Property, is it appearing on your exam calendar on Better Examinations?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

fe1fi20 wrote: »

I would have said right of residence too along with estoppel licenses!!!

Sorry to be a pain but does anyone have an up to date Company grid they don't mind sharing or the 2020 topics from both sittings? I only have up to October 2019. I've other stuff I can swap if needed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 emilyj_a

Have you covered unfair terms in consumer protection?

I know exclusion clauses came up in November but she often throws them in with questions on offer and acceptance/consumer protection so I think you might be better to have a quick look over exclusion than estoppel or mistake.
    I'll be sure to go over that part and add exclusion clauses, thanks a million!

Advertisement