Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

Sorry to be a pain but does anyone have an up to date Company grid they don't mind sharing or the 2020 topics from both sittings? I only have up to October 2019. I've other stuff I can swap if needed!

PM me your email, I have some bits you want!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 2020FE1

Sorry to be a pain but does anyone have an up to date Company grid they don't mind sharing or the 2020 topics from both sittings? I only have up to October 2019. I've other stuff I can swap if needed!

I have a grid up to the last sitting. PM me your email if you need it 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Fe10000

Would anyone mind sharing a sample answer with me please - on minority shareholder oppression, such as Oct 2019 q. 4
    Unsure of what to say for the second part that is usually asked - part (b) would your answer be different if constitution or shareholders agreement contained a provision...

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

Does anyone have any constitutional Miracle stories where they were sure they failed and ended up passing? I wrote 4 grand answers and one horrrific one and would love to hear something hopeful hahah

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭vkfe1

Does anyone have any constitutional Miracle stories where they were sure they failed and ended up passing? I wrote 4 grand answers and one horrrific one and would love to hear something hopeful hahah
    A girl i work with - she's a qualified solicitor now, she said that she was convinced she failed Cons. and passed Tort but it was the other away around. She was barely able to answer the questions and waffled. She was home by the time the exam was over. I wouldn't worry - usually be able to answer 5 questions, no matter how ****e, is a good indicator. :) Positive thoughts!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭bobbyness

vkfe1 wrote: »
    A girl i work with - she's a qualified solicitor now, she said that she was convinced she failed Cons. and passed Tort but it was the other away around. She was barely able to answer the questions and waffled. She was home by the time the exam was over. I wouldn't worry - usually be able to answer 5 questions, no matter how ****e, is a good indicator. :) Positive thoughts!!!!

Completely concur. The ones I've thought was 100% failed are the ones I've passed. The ones I've thought are 100% passed I've failed.

bobbyness wrote: »
    Completely concur. The ones I've thought was 100% failed are the ones I've passed. The ones I've thought are 100% passed I've failed.
    That's equally as upsetting though! Haha!

That's equally as upsetting though! Haha!

Seems to be a regular occurrence in my life. Guess I'm just deluded about my own capabilities, or in denial. One or the other XD

• Registered Users Posts: 31 fe1student2803

Does Lease or Licence come up often in Property? On my exam grid it says it’s not come up for many years, but not sure if this is a mistake?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

Thank you so much this is great to hear :)

• Advertisement

bobbyness wrote: »
    Seems to be a regular occurrence in my life. Guess I'm just deluded about my own capabilities, or in denial. One or the other XD
    When in doubt, blame the examiner! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭fe1prep2021

Hi guys, would this be okay for company? Struggling to learn any more but open to suggestions:
    - Reform & 2014 Act
    - Corporate Personality
    - Ultra Vires Essay
    - Directors Duties
    - Restriction of Directors
    - Shareholder Protection & Remedies
    - Corporate Borrowing + Retention of Title
    - Examinership
    - Winding Up

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭jjjjjop

Well how did we find equity?? Bit thrown with the quistclose q tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭FE1s2021

jjjjjop wrote: »

I thought it was a nice paper - I was happy with it but worried because I think a lot of people thought the same in November and failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

Fe10000 wrote: »
    Would anyone mind sharing a sample answer with me please - on minority shareholder oppression, such as Oct 2019 q. 4
    Unsure of what to say for the second part that is usually asked - part (b) would your answer be different if constitution or shareholders agreement contained a provision...

heres the griffith sample answer

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

Well that was the nicest paper yet. Loads of old questions that have come up exactly word for word in previous sittings!

When in doubt, blame the examiner! ;)

Or the law society :) They make themselves a nice easy target.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

Lallers96 wrote: »
    Well that was the nicest paper yet. Loads of old questions that have come up exactly word for word in previous sittings!

can i ask who the examiner was this time ?

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

Eoin O'something, can't remember tbh my brain is fried

oh my god I literally wrote out that exact sample answer last nite, and the william and michael story and practically the same mareva essay! I am happy coming out of that paper, but as always couldnt remember the case names so was making up what they sounded like in my head!

• Advertisement

PM me your email, I have some bits you want!

if you have an up to date contract grid would you mind posting it?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Law101

well I can't believe that paper! think it was the best paper I've ever taken? I swear if I don't pass this year I never will!!! thanks Noel

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Law101

Lallers96 wrote: »
    Eoin O'something, can't remember tbh my brain is fried
    It was Noel McGrath

• Registered Users Posts: 15 bazu

Not great. Studied for a decent essay on third parties re undue influence, and focused too much on that. Tried to tie it in - especially re legal advice, but negated the other case law. Prob screwed based on that essay alone. Wanted quia timet injunctions but I could still answer the Mareva stuff, just not as well. Trusts for poverty was a good question, even if it came up with satisfaction/non-charitable-purpose trusts. trusteeship was alright and tracing was fine.

Probably failed tho tbh );

You?

Law101 wrote: »
    well I can't believe that paper! think it was the best paper I've ever taken? I swear if I don't pass this year I never will!!! thanks Noel

i was thinking that, if I fail there is literally no point in me resitting it ever and I will jsut have to rethink my career choice

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

Law101 wrote: »

Oj was it him again ? He is a nice enough marker tbh

awsah wrote: »
    if you have an up to date contract grid would you mind posting it?

Don’t have a grid, sorry! Only have the paper and report from March 2020 and November paper!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭jjjjjop

With the secret trust q did it fail cos it was never told to one of the trustees??

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Twinings2016

How did ppl find the Company examiner's marking??

I feel like the last sitting was a bit harsh??

I am hoping for some sort of miracle tomorrow.. feeling v.unprepared!!

• Advertisement

Hi guys, would this be okay for company? Struggling to learn any more but open to suggestions:
    - Reform & 2014 Act
    - Corporate Personality
    - Ultra Vires Essay
    - Directors Duties
    - Restriction of Directors
    - Shareholder Protection & Remedies
    - Corporate Borrowing + Retention of Title
    - Examinership
    - Winding Up

Pretty much exactly what I’m doing anyway!

Advertisement