Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭FE1s2021

awsah wrote: »
    i was thinking that, if I fail there is literally no point in me resitting it ever and I will jsut have to rethink my career choice

Me too! I don't think we could of gotten a better paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

How did ppl find the Company examiner's marking??

I feel like the last sitting was a bit harsh??

I am hoping for some sort of miracle tomorrow.. feeling v.unprepared!!

I sat it last March - I thought he was nice enough tbh - i got 63 which i thought was okay haha

i know people from november that got 66 and 74

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭jjjjjop

bazu wrote: »
    Not great. Studied for a decent essay on third parties re undue influence, and focused too much on that. Tried to tie it in - especially re legal advice, but negated the other case law. Prob screwed based on that essay alone. Wanted quia timet injunctions but I could still answer the Mareva stuff, just not as well. Trusts for poverty was a good question, even if it came up with satisfaction/non-charitable-purpose trusts. trusteeship was alright and tracing was fine.

Probably failed tho tbh );

You?

Sorry to hear, you never know though you might have passed!!

I did the quistclose, secret trust estoppel, tracing and trustee qs.
    Id say ive 2 good answers then like the rest my mind just went blank on case names, i just couldnt think of any of the cases for trustees

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

How did ppl find the Company examiner's marking??

I feel like the last sitting was a bit harsh??

I am hoping for some sort of miracle tomorrow.. feeling v.unprepared!!

I found him nice enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 orlaghs

jjjjjop wrote: »
    Well how did we find equity?? Bit thrown with the quistclose q tbh

it was a fair paper! but i definitely did not pass, my head was all over the place and i didnt write enough for any of the questions!

onto the next one i suppose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 bazu

Also, did anyone else do that undue influence essay? What did you write about? What case law did you cite?

How did people answer the secret trusts q ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 law77335255252

Did anybody else not get the exam submitted message? I got it yesterday for Constitutional but just there for equity after I submitted, it just brought me to a blank screen with 'questions.learnosity' or something in the URL bar.

equity has gone under the 'exams awaiting feedback' section like constitutional on betterexams website when i checked it just now but this has me worried!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Lealaw

awsah wrote: »
    heres the griffith sample answer

Think someone here said a similar question to this was asked in November - q2 2020: section 212 and if constitutional was different.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Iso_123

Also, did anyone else do that undue influence essay? What did you write about? What case law did you cite?

No Im panicking now was the undue influence q not a problem question??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭FE1s2021

Did anybody else not get the exam submitted message? I got it yesterday for Constitutional but just there for equity after I submitted, it just brought me to a blank screen with 'questions.learnosity' or something in the URL bar.

equity has gone under the 'exams awaiting feedback' section like constitutional on betterexams website when i checked it just now but this has me worried!

That happened me too but the other way around. Both are appearing as exams awaiting feedback so it should be fine.

I didn’t get one yesterday but maybe that’s because my time ran out before I could submit myself

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭lawDani

First time sitting equity there. Defiantly only answered about three questions good id say.
    Is the paper marked hard in comparison to others?

And has anybody passed ever only answering four ? Haha Heya October

• Registered Users Posts: 15 bazu

Iso_123 wrote: »
    No Im panicking now was the undue influence q not a problem question??

Oh it was. Ignore that. My brain is just fritzed out.

This exam was also the first one that I left the room to go to the toilet and I awkwardly said to the camera 'i am just going to the toilet' and walked out really slowly and awkardly hahaha now im panicking that they're going to bring it up as suspicious activity

Oh it was. Ignore that. My brain is just fritzed out.

My heart lol

I did this question though and was blessed because I literally added extra case law specifically for this question yesterday when I came across it on one of the past papers. Before that most of my cases were focused on 3rd parties/banks

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Paraeagle

Basically blagged on about Ottaway v Norman, Riordan v Bannon and Prendeville. Was stumped on whether it would fail because he didn’t tell Michael. Gutted I didn’t have a case on it. Instead I just made up crap and pointed to cases where the courts were generous in interpreting that a half secret trust existed so said it didn’t fail. I think my answer was decent up until that point so hopefully she’ll do!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 stonewash

When I was doing the exam I got sent out to the lobby twice because I touched the mouse pad thing (it’s very sensitive on my laptop), is this ok? Did that happen to anyone in November?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭lawDani

This exam was also the first one that I left the room to go to the toilet and I awkwardly said to the camera 'i am just going to the toilet' and walked out really slowly and awkardly hahaha now im panicking that they're going to bring it up as suspicious activity

Haha omg this is me too with ‘I’m just eating my banana’ and all! To be honest I’ve been reciting my answers out load too I’m sure they hear it all and it would only be flagged if absent a long time or frequently I’d say

Haha I did the same thing yesterday twice so trying not to put much thought into it because were allowed leave to use the bathroom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Law101

I said Deirdre and michael will hold the holiday home together

I talked about the communication cases - prendiville, blackwell, re boyes and then I used the rule in Re Stead because he only communicated to one of the trustees. I basically said in the end that because his words in the will make it clear that he intended communication to all of the trustees and he failed to do that William holds his interest on resulting trust and Michael takes beneficially BUT don't take this as the correct answer because i genuienly dont know if it is or not. Didn't really like this q

lawDani wrote: »
    Haha omg this is me too with ‘I’m just eating my banana’ and all! To be honest I’ve been reciting my answers out load too I’m sure they hear it all and it would only be flagged if absent a long time or frequently I’d say

This makes me feel better! I also talk to myself hahah hoping they dont think my awkwardness comes up as suspicious

• Registered Users Posts: 49 FE1Nov20

That exact thing happened to me yesterday after Constitutional and i panicked but when i logged in again the exam appeared as 'awaiting feedback' too so let's pray that there's no issues

• Registered Users Posts: 32 2020FE1

lawDani wrote: »
    First time sitting equity there. Defiantly only answered about three questions good id say.
    Is the paper marked hard in comparison to others?

And has anybody passed ever only answering four ? Haha Heya October

I actually found he marked the paper harshly last time. The last paper was very straightforward. Had my pick of what questions to answer (for once). My 5 answers were full of case law. It was the best I’ve ever felt coming out of an exam. Yet I only got 52%.
    There were papers I thought I failed yet i received high 60s, I’ve given up questioning the marking scheme at this stage.
    You literally never know, don’t give up on the paper yet, just put it behind you and focus on the next one. You may well have passed. So there is no point in dwelling on what might be 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 11 stav

stonewash wrote: »
    When I was doing the exam I got sent out to the lobby twice because I touched the mouse pad thing (it’s very sensitive on my laptop), is this ok? Did that happen to anyone in November?

This happened to me 5+ times too today because of my mousepad!!! It stressed me out so much, not quite sure what to do lmao. Did your time keep running?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 stonewash

stav wrote: »
    This happened to me 5+ times too today because of my mousepad!!! It stressed me out so much, not quite sure what to do lmao. Did your time keep running?

It’s so stressful isn’t it! Yeah my time kept running so I lost a couple of minutes

I talked about the communication cases - prendiville, blackwell, re boyes and then I used the rule in Re Stead because he only communicated to one of the trustees. I basically said in the end that because his words in the will make it clear that he intended communication to all of the trustees and he failed to do that William holds his interest on resulting trust and Michael takes beneficially BUT don't take this as the correct answer because i genuienly dont know if it is or not. Didn't really like this q

I did more or less the same but i finished with talking about re stead and then said the trust would fail and it would be held on resulting trust for the estate. This is wrong though now i think, so now because of that i think i failed the exam :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭AA247

Company

Guys can anyone confirm incase i'm reading it wrong, that in Frank Bell & Co; Shaws Application that Shaws were allowed late registration of the charge but Frank Bell's still ranked in priority as it was validity registered in 2013?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 LoJB

Does anyone know how tough the equity marker is? I put so much work into equity but definitely feel I won’t have passed.
    3 of my questions, I would think were definitely passable
    1 of my questions contained very little case law so I’m unsure whether it will pass
    1 of my questions was a problem question that I didn’t know how to answer so essentially wrote what I would have for an essay and tried to keep referring to the question

Advertisement