Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭StabiloLaw

vkfe1 wrote: »
    Fingers crossed for you this time - im sure you'll smash it.
    Thanks- all predictions welcome!!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭fe1prep2021

This might sound silly but does anybody find they have a lot of time to spare with these online exams when I would usually be running out of time during written exams? Or maybe I just don't know enough/am not writing enough... going out of my mind trying to guess did I do enough for each exam Ive sat now

• Registered Users Posts: 41 flepetch

lads losing my head here
    for corporate borrowings is the case called Re JD Brian Limited or Re JD O'Brien limited? all my notes say different

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Iso_123

Was part b of the last q on trustees today about hatings v bass?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 BBall2015

I came to the wrong outcome numerous times in various subjects in November and from looking at my scripts it doesn’t seem like I was deducted any marks!

Thank you so much, that's so reassuring to hear!! I gave the wrong outcome in the secret trusts q today in Equity and was then worried I'd lose half the marks and it'd bring me way below the 50!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Mc96

This might sound silly but does anybody find they have a lot of time to spare with these online exams when I would usually be running out of time during written exams? Or maybe I just don't know enough/am not writing enough... going out of my mind trying to guess did I do enough for each exam Ive sat now

In November I sat Equity, Contract and Property (passed them) and finished them all comfortably and felt I had a lot of time to sit and think out my answers. I've never sat a hand written FE1 to compare but in college hand written exams I used to be writing to the last second with barely a chance to think! The extra 30 mins and the fact we're typing gives extra time I've found

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭vkfe1

Mc96 wrote: »
    In November I sat Equity, Contract and Property (passed them) and finished them all comfortably and felt I had a lot of time to sit and think out my answers. I've never sat a hand written FE1 to compare but in college hand written exams I used to be writing to the last second with barely a chance to think! The extra 30 mins and the fact we're typing gives extra time I've found
    I found the same - i needed the extra half for some and i didn't for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

BBall2015 wrote: »
    Thank you so much, that's so reassuring to hear!! I gave the wrong outcome in the secret trusts q today in Equity and was then worried I'd lose half the marks and it'd bring me way below the 50!

I came to two very wrong conclusions in equity - one on DMC and one on undue influence and ended up with 62% if that brings you any comfort!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭fe1prep2021

Mc96 wrote: »

Thank you for this! I have done Criminal and Constitutional now and I finished criminal with with an hour to spare and I just spent the rest of it reading through and maybe adding bits that I remembered, and same for constitutional. I thought I was going very wrong somewhere. Also I never write out a plan for any of my answers just out of habit so that could also be a reason

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Smiley283

Would anyone be able to share Tort sample answers or even just the past exam papers from 2020?

I can trade notes on any exam!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭vkfe1

flepetch wrote: »
    lads losing my head here
    for corporate borrowings is the case called Re JD Brian Limited or Re JD O'Brien limited? all my notes say different
    Re. JD Brian Ltd. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Iso_123

BBall2015 wrote: »

I came to the wrong conclusion in the secret trusts Q as well I'm 99% sure! I think once you back up your point or just use the right case law you'll still pick up a lot of the marks

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Lawgrad101

Do the company problem questions tend to be mixed or do they stick to the one topic?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

Haha I wish

I ran out of time in constitutional

Sat three in November used all my time !

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

For the repetitive separate legal personality essay is it do a brief intro of salomon and then just go through the exceptions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Fe123

Can anyone tell me the most important part of restriction to learn. Drowning

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

Smiley283 wrote: »
    Would anyone be able to share Tort sample answers or even just the past exam papers from 2020?

I can trade notes on any exam!

dont have sample answers for 2020 but here are the papers

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭AA247

AA247 wrote: »
    Thanks for replying. Ok sorry still confused. So to cut it short the charge the applicant (Shaws) were looking to register late was created in 2003 or around that (not registered). Frank Bell validly registered a charge in 2013. Shaw's wanted the charge created in 2003 to be registered in priority to Frank's as it was created first and they argued he knew this etc. but court didn't agree to retrospectively register in priority of Frank's, but agreed to register from date of app which was 2014. Correct or not correct?

Anyone? :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭AA247

AA247 wrote: »
    Company

Also if somebody could briefly explain conclusion in Cosslett's case please (Smith v Bridgend CoCo 2002). I don't get it, the examiner's case was dismissed but the floating charge was deemed void. How come then the Council weren't required to either pay rent or give the property back to the company in examinership? I seem to be reading these all wrong!

Also ^^ would appreciate if anyone could help :D

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Law101

awsah wrote: »
    dont have sample answers for 2020 but here are the papers

I have tort samples if want them DM me :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 fe1555

Would anyone mind sharing what topics they are covering for tort? It is such a big course and I have property on tuesday so trying to balance my time without getting overwhelmed lol

Also good luck to anyone sitting company tomorrow, it is a daunting subject but I personally found the examiner to be very fair!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Fe1nov

Has anyone sat the Independent college prep course, any thoughts on the predictions for EU? predicted mergers even though was on NOV 2020 paper?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

fe1555 wrote: »
    Would anyone mind sharing what topics they are covering for tort? It is such a big course and I have property on tuesday so trying to balance my time without getting overwhelmed lol

Also good luck to anyone sitting company tomorrow, it is a daunting subject but I personally found the examiner to be very fair!

Apart from the general DOC stuff....

Medical Negligence
    Nuisance
    Defamation
    Occupiers
    Damages
    Res ipsa loquitur
    Nervous Shock
    Negligent Misstatement
    Trespass to the Person
    Employers

That’ll do me I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 54321zz

I think it's been said before but do people have an idea if receivership or examinership is more likely to come up tomorrow? If any. Don't have last paper so can't remember what was up last time. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lawgrad49

54321zz wrote: »
    I think it's been said before but do people have an idea if receivership or examinership is more likely to come up tomorrow? If any. Don't have last paper so can't remember what was up last time. Thanks

Examinership is due a run, a few people have tipped it on here ahead of receivership. Examinership last came up in Mar 19 (as a problem) and receivers came up in Mar 20 (problem also)

I'm focusing on examinership and skimming over receivers, hopefully he's sound and puts a problem Q that has appeared before.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

54321zz wrote: »

It’s a toss up really!!! I’m going with examinership as receivership came up more recently! Not covering both!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭CMUL

NewFe1 wrote: »
    For the repetitive separate legal personality essay is it do a brief intro of salomon and then just go through the exceptions?

Yep don't dwell on where it was applied just the exceptions is what lecturer said with lawschool

• Registered Users Posts: 34 LawStudent999

I didn't really cover receivership. Focused more so on examinership

• Registered Users Posts: 40 tommytimber

Tort

I see a lot of people are covering res ipsa loquiter, did it not come up in August or maybe my grid is wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mydogwentroof

Fe123 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me the most important part of restriction to learn. Drowning

Supreme Court judgment of Hardiman J. in Re Tralee Beef & Lamb + High Court judgment of Barrett J. in Re DLOK Electrical.

Advertisement