Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Katniss1998

Supreme Court judgment of Hardiman J. in Re Tralee Beef & Lamb + High Court judgment of Barrett J. in Re DLOK Electrical.

I would say the La Moselle criteria is very important too

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

Tort

I see a lot of people are covering res ipsa loquiter, did it not come up in August or maybe my grid is wrong?

It did but I’m just covering it because it comes up the same way all the time when it does!!! Handy essay to grasp!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

54321zz wrote: »
    I think it's been said before but do people have an idea if receivership or examinership is more likely to come up tomorrow? If any. Don't have last paper so can't remember what was up last time. Thanks

I went for receivership but starting to regret that

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mydogwentroof

NewFe1 wrote: »
    I went for receivership but starting to regret that

Me too but hopefully I'll be covered either way!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 BBall2015

I came to two very wrong conclusions in equity - one on DMC and one on undue influence and ended up with 62% if that brings you any comfort!

Congratulations on passing! I failed equity in Nov so today was the repeat and I'm terrified any little thing will bring me below 50! That definitely gives me hope, thank you! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 BBall2015

Iso_123 wrote: »
    I came to the wrong conclusion in the secret trusts Q as well I'm 99% sure! I think once you back up your point or just use the right case law you'll still pick up a lot of the marks

I learned secret trusts inside out but completely skipped the "tenants in common" & "Joint tenancy" section so I'm 99.9% sure I gave the wrong outcome. Hopefully you're right and once it's good law it'll give us decent marks to pass! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭catonafence

Fe1nov wrote: »
    Has anyone sat the Independent college prep course, any thoughts on the predictions for EU? predicted mergers even though was on NOV 2020 paper?

thanks
    I the night before video from City stated a guess at an essay style q coming up on ‘agreement, decision, concerted practice’

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭LeagleEagle747

I know it's a bit late, but anyone any key parts of corporate governance to focus on?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ruby1998

Anyone prepare LTD and DAC and have basically 0 case law?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Mc96

I know it's a bit late, but anyone any key parts of corporate governance to focus on?

The different types of resolutions and informal resolutions - Duomatic case have come up as a question before. It's in meetings under corporate governance in my manual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭StabiloLaw

ruby1998 wrote: »
    Anyone prepare LTD and DAC and have basically 0 case law?
    I have a sample essay on this drafted up and have 0 cases!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ruby1998

StabiloLaw wrote: »
      I have a sample essay on this drafted up and have 0 cases!

Ok thank god!!

1. Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭StabiloLaw

Is there anything in particular people are concentrating on for Corporate Borrowing?
      I'm finding it so hard to retain this information and wondering if I can cut something out.

2. Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭murray132

Law101 wrote: »
      I have tort samples if want them DM me :-)

Can I please get these as well? Thank you

3. Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

StabiloLaw wrote: »
      Is there anything in particular people are concentrating on for Corporate Borrowing?
      I'm finding it so hard to retain this information and wondering if I can cut something out.

I've focused on everything to do with fixed/floating charges, fixed charges over book debts and retention of title clauses. Had notes done out on the rest but just don't have the time or headspace to even look at them.

4. Registered Users Posts: 24 Fe1nov

I the night before video from City stated a guess at an essay style q coming up on ‘agreement, decision, concerted practice’

Thanks for this .. really starting to doubt myself
      I have covered
      Free movement of goods
      Free movement of workers
      Direct effect
      Equality
      Institutions
      Mergers

Any tips or advice would be appreciated if people think this would cover it ?

5. Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭lawgrad15

TORT

Really important plot twist in the UCC/ESB case - SC ruled that a HC retrial must be heard on certain aspects of the case. Here's a link to a summary: https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/courtandcrime/arid-40251230.html

Judgment is on the courts site.

Good luck :)

6. Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭catonafence

Fe1nov wrote: »
      Thanks for this .. really starting to doubt myself
      I have covered
      Free movement of goods
      Free movement of workers
      Direct effect
      Equality
      Institutions
      Mergers

Any tips or advice would be appreciated if people think this would cover it ?
      If you have time make sure you have member state liability to add onto direct effect. It would be good if you have all of general principles or at a push just the fundamental freedoms.

https://citycolleges.ie/night-before-notes-2021/
      Watch the Eu video only 27minutes long and worth it.

7. Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭AA21

What are people focusing on for contract? Does anyone have any sample answers for illegal contracts?

8. Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

Niamh_G wrote: »
      For property would it be ok to leave out Easements if I cover findings, Family prop, mortgages, succession, Adversion possession, co-ownership and land reg?

I would say no but it’s entirely up to the person! I just see it as a banker to come up!

9. Advertisement
    10. Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mydogwentroof

Seems like Company is either extremely difficult with niche questions or really easy and general. There doesn't seem to be any middle ground?? Heres hoping for a nice one...Best of luck everyone!!

11. Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

Company percentage has well and truly made me dread tomorrows exam

I'm very sorry if that has worried you. I was referring exactly to Company about the sample size. That's in no way a reflection of the usual pass rate for Company based off of a few years old report from the law society. I don't think the data posted for Company is representative of the real pass rate

12. Registered Users Posts: 49 FE1Nov20

AA21 wrote: »
      What are people focusing on for contract? Does anyone have any sample answers for illegal contracts?

So offer and acceptance, consideration, consumer protection, exemption clauses, misrep, remedies, promissory estoppel, discharge, mistake and terms! do you think that's enough?

Sorry i don't have sample answers for illegal contracts i have notes on it but thinking of leaving that topic out now .. will be struggling for time :(

13. Registered Users Posts: 30 Ais20

FE1Nov20 wrote: »
      So offer and acceptance, consideration, consumer protection, exemption clauses, misrep, remedies, promissory estoppel, discharge, mistake and terms! do you think that's enough?

Sorry i don't have sample answers for illegal contracts i have notes on it but thinking of leaving that topic out now .. will be struggling for time :(
      That’s exactly what I plan on doing!! Hoping it’s enough, have capacity aswell but praying we might get a few nice essay questions��

14. Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭illy.m

Hi guys really stuck here, I see that a lot of people mention/predict director's loan question? What topic is that?

15. Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

illy.m wrote: »
      Hi guys really stuck here, I see that a lot of people mention/predict director's loan question? What topic is that?

S 238 and S 239!

16. Registered Users Posts: 19 church street 94

Anyone worried about looking away/going through the Companies Act during exam? or is the CA supposed to be in view of the camera?

17. Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭FE1s2021

If the SLP question is only in relation to subsidiaries and holdings companies - do you just discuss the SEE exception or would you include agency too?

18. Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

Anyone worried about looking away/going through the Companies Act during exam? or is the CA supposed to be in view of the camera?

Not worried in the slightest!!! In November, I just showed them my desk at the start and showed them my legislation the first time I picked it up and it was fine!

19. Advertisement
    20. Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ruby1998

FE1s2021 wrote: »
      If the SLP question is only in relation to subsidiaries and holdings companies - do you just discuss the SEE exception or would you include agency too?

Agency too I believe!

Advertisement