Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Law101

murray132 wrote: »
    Can I please get these as well? Thank you

Yeah no probs if u wana send me your email

• Registered Users Posts: 22 rebecca1177

What would everyone recommend focusing on more for EU - free movement of goods or free movement of workers/citizenship ?

Trying to pick one to focus on more for the last few days days, under pressure !!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

Anyone worried about looking away/going through the Companies Act during exam? or is the CA supposed to be in view of the camera?

I was so worried about this in November I genuinely spent more than half of the exam scouring through my act and I didn’t get flagged! Don’t worry at all and best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭AA247

Fe1nov wrote: »
    Thanks for this .. really starting to doubt myself
    I have covered
    Free movement of goods
    Free movement of workers
    Direct effect
    Equality
    Institutions
    Mergers

Any tips or advice would be appreciated if people think this would cover it ?

I did this exam in October 2019 but I recall Judicial Review coming up pretty much every year so I would def have a glance at that! Also the Principles, it regularly came up but even when it didn't for my sitting, one of the case notes in that topic came up which was handy when I was stuck - it is also a very easy chapter I did the day before :)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭AA247

What would everyone recommend focusing on more for EU - free movement of goods or free movement of workers/citizenship ?

Trying to pick one to focus on more for the last few days days, under pressure !!

100% FMG IMO. Look you can always get stung but 100% FMG comes up more consistently. I can't even remember the articles but is it 31, 34 & 36 or something? At least one will come up. On my sitting article 36 came up with free movement of services. I hadn't studied the latter so just wrote about article 36 and 6 lines of spoof on the second part and I still passed.

Based on my experience and statistics, for one of the hardest subjects, EU isn't as hard to pass as you'd think so keep the faith :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭catonafence

AA247 wrote: »
    100% FMG IMO. Look you can always get stung but 100% FMG comes up more consistently. I can't even remember the articles but is it 31, 34 & 36 or something? At least one will come up. On my sitting article 36 came up with free movement of services. I hadn't studied the latter so just wrote about article 36 and 6 lines of spoof on the second part and I still passed.

Based on my experience and statistics, for one of the hardest subjects, EU isn't as hard to pass as you'd think so keep the faith :)

FMOG can be split in two. Questions will either come up on Art30 and 110 ( hope I have the correct no’s here it’s a bit earlyand I haven’t had coffee) or else a question on the other half Art 34-36, measures equivalent to quantitative restrictions on imports, in fact the latter has came up 10/10 last sittings. If your stuck for time learn Art 34-36 but if you can please try for both. One year recently both parts were asked as two questions which would be fab to get 2/5 questions answered from one straightforward topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Lawabc

Can someone please tell me what questions came up for November 2020 EU?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 FE1Pleb

Can someone remind me of whether definition of a 'relevant person' is in the CA?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 fe1555

Tort

I’ve noticed some of the exam questions re: damages have been asked in a way that says damages can be an inadequate remedy. My manual doesn’t give any alternative suggestions other than damages. If someone was answering this question what would you argue for damages? Maybe this is a stupid question but like I don’t know what else someone could get?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ruby1998

Good luck everyone bricking it lol hope it's an ok paper for us!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

FE1Pleb wrote: »
    Can someone remind me of whether definition of a 'relevant person' is in the CA?

S220 I think!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭catonafence

Lawabc wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me what questions came up for November 2020 EU?

pm me your email and I’ll send you the paper

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

ruby1998 wrote: »

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭LeagleEagle747

ruby1998 wrote: »

Good luck all! Hope we all get a nice easy paper with straightforward questions and nice topics :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 lnmbk

Innominate Terms

Can anyone explain the test set out in the COA in Hansa Nord regarding condition/warranty/innominate terms? Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 cailinbeag00

Law101 wrote: »
    I have tort samples if want them DM me :-)

Would I be able to get these too please if it’s not too much trouble? 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Iso_123

can someone who did the equity exam pls help me i've been going over this in my head and I genuinely can't remember whether the last question on trustees (the note one) was on duty to invest and duty to properly exercise discretion (aka hastings v bass??)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 eLawGirl

Contract Law

Does anyone have recent sample answers for contract law please? From 2020 - 2018. I can swap some contract shorthand notes

Best of luck to everyone studying over the weekend, we will be free this time next week to enjoy Easter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 law77335255252

yes there were 2 parts: A - duty to invest and B - duty to properly exercise discretion which is hasting bass

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭BigSprogs

Are the copies of legislation not revised? Just looking at my copy of the Succession Act 1965 and noticed it doesn't have the revised sections 5(2) and 5(3) re: simultaneous death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 BookFast

Would anyone who passed their contract exam in November be willing to send me their script? I'm starting to panic a bit now after hearing she's a hard marker, would love to see what standard she's looking for.

Can swap for notes for any subject!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Flynner999

Any predictions for property?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Law101

Would I be able to get these too please if it’s not too much trouble? ��

no probs if you wana pm me your email

finding it so hard to study keep thinking back on my awful constitutional paper hahah

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

finding it so hard to study keep thinking back on my awful constitutional paper hahah

Same I’ve lost interest haha

Same I’ve lost interest haha

It’s so disheartening isnt it

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

Well after 4 exams in a row, my eyes are fit to fall out of my head and I've done enough damage to my back and shoulders for a lifetime stooping over typing away haha!

How did everyone find contract? I thought it was a kind paper like Equity lots of repeated questions from other years. The receiver problem question came up recently enough if I remember right!

My answers were so bloody long compared to any other FE1 though, except my answer for S.31 was a bit short tbh..

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Jenosul

Hi everyone. I hope the exams are going well. Can someone please tell me how the answered the question on the judicatory in Constitution. I am feeling a bit anxious that I made a mess of it. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭AA21

Would anyone have a sample answer on illegal contracts? And the courts approach in refusing to enforce such contracts?? There’s been a few recent enough cases on it so defo going to cover it as an essay question ! Any help would be appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Paraeagle

Lallers96 wrote: »
    Well after 4 exams in a row, my eyes are fit to fall out of my head and I've done enough damage to my back and shoulders for a lifetime stooping over typing away haha!

How did everyone find contract? I thought it was a kind paper like Equity lots of repeated questions from other years. The receiver problem question came up recently enough if I remember right!

My answers were so bloody long compared to any other FE1 though, except my answer for S.31 was a bit short tbh..

Sweet baby Jesus my heart when I read this! I nearly puked. I assume you meant company and not contract :D

Advertisement