Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭irishmisile

Company was actually grand (except for my absolute bluff for the question on s31 contracts. I was going well for time, until realized that I wasn’t actually typing in the text box for about 5 minutes as I was typing so fast so had had to go back and write it all again 🥲 but overall what did you guys think of it? So glad it’s over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Fe123

What topic did the S.31 question relate to lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13 metalhead785

What did people say for the question on registering charges (question 6 maybe). Was it correct to discuss fixed/floating charges over book debts in part b?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mydogwentroof

Company was actually grand (except for my absolute bluff for the question on s31 contracts. I was going well for time, until realized that I wasn’t actually typing in the text box for about 5 minutes as I was typing so fast so had had to go back and write it all again 🥲 but overall what did you guys think of it? So glad it’s over

Twas a grand old paper. Thought the question about the registration of charges was a bit too specific so I didn't do it. Luckily receivership also come up!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 FE1Pleb

Can anyone shed some light on the charges question? Q6.

I think I may have made a balls of it

• Advertisement

FE1Pleb wrote: »
    Can anyone shed some light on the charges question? Q6.

I think I may have made a balls of it

What Q was that

What Q was that

The two parter on registration of charges and book debts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Fe123

What did people say for the question on registering charges (question 6 maybe). Was it correct to discuss fixed/floating charges over book debts in part b?

I said that for part b! For part a I basically wrote out provisions of the company act lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Fe10000

I was very thrown by that question and haven't a clue wherther I was correct
    For part (a) I discussed registration saying the charge was void and (b) discussed whether it was fixed or floating over book debts

Fe10000 wrote: »
    I was very thrown by that question and haven't a clue wherther I was correct
    For part (a) I discussed registration saying the charge was void and (b) discussed whether it was fixed or floating over book debts

Ok buzzin' so did I. I was worried it was something specific that I had missed. Very tricky question

• Advertisement

Fe123 wrote: »
    What topic did the S.31 question relate to lol

That s31’s predecessor to the company’s act was of ‘most sacred character’, where it’s not an orthodox contract but one with a special status in binding all the members of a company together.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

Did not like that company paper myself. Hoping he's a nice marker.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭bobbyness

From my past paper revisions, at least 3 of the questions in the Company exam was almost a word for word copy from 2018-2019 papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ruby1998

Did anyone else get logged out at 1pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭fe1prep2021

ruby1998 wrote: »

yes I did, I had to ring the helpline

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭bobbyness

ruby1998 wrote: »

Nope. I'd talk to them right away about that. Get your extra 30 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ejm47

Thought the paper was ok but don't know how I managed to let myself run out of time for my last exam!!! Kinda going mad because I left the restriction question til last then didn't finish it and it was one of the nicest questions...oh well

• Registered Users Posts: 10 roisneesh

Is he a hard marker does anyone know? I left out a bit in the subsidiary q because I was stuck for time

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

roisneesh wrote: »
    Is he a hard marker does anyone know? I left out a bit in the subsidiary q because I was stuck for time

I think he’s nice tbh !!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭fe1prep2021

bobbyness wrote: »
    Nope. I'd talk to them right away about that. Get your extra 30 mins.

When you get logged out, it freezes your time so you get it all back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ruby1998

No one answering the helpline fml

• Registered Users Posts: 10 roisneesh

I think he’s nice tbh !!

Thank you! ah sure hope for the best so

bobbyness wrote: »
    From my past paper revisions, at least 3 of the questions in the Company exam was almost a word for word copy from 2018-2019 papers.

Literally noticed that too. Even the names of the receivers etc were the exact same looking back at the past papers - could have been a Covid armistice?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Katniss1998

Lovely paper. Thought the book debts question was a little tricky. I said that the charge over the bank account did not need to be registered because it was not a registerable charge. Does that sounds ok?

ejm47 wrote: »
    Thought the paper was ok but don't know how I managed to let myself run out of time for my last exam!!! Kinda going mad because I left the restriction question til last then didn't finish it and it was one of the nicest questions...oh well

It was a lengthy question. What did you say for the bit about the books getting stolen?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

Very fair paper I thought! Only thing I would say is I found all the answers to be very lengthy. I was typing and typing and didn’t seem to be finishing any question fast enough!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

roisneesh wrote: »

I thought he was a lovely marker!

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

How long were everyone else's answers for s.31? I attempted it but it was around half the length of the rest of my answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭LeagleEagle747

Law101 wrote: »
    no probs if you wana pm me your email

Me too please if that's okay?

• Advertisement

Lallers96 wrote: »
    How long were everyone else's answers for s.31? I attempted it but it was around half the length of the rest of my answers.

Same. Mine was roughly half the length of the other answers. I had a tiny intro, a few paras and a 5 line conclusion just baffling on about how sacred s31 is lol there is not a whole lot of material to cover for it

Advertisement