Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Supermax1988

EU
    Would people recommend getting Blackstone’s EU Treaties & Legislation for EU or is it necessary?

You’d be mad not to get it. So much info in it that you can fall back on if the memory fails you on the day.

Thought I was goosed in EU. Used Blackstone’s and nothing else to cobble two answers together. 50 on the button.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

You’d be mad not to get it. So much info in it that you can fall back on if the memory fails you on the day.

Thought I was goosed in EU. Used Blackstone’s and nothing else to cobble two answers together. 50 on the button.

I used it completely for the question about the institutions !!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

Now that we have time to digest the results. Is anybody considering a re check? I got 43% in Constitution ( with a huge amount of technical issues on the day).. just wondering if anyone here has personally jumped up to the 50 % on a recheck.

As the last few weeks have been an uphill battle just trying to get normal results from the LS I am wondering if this is even a battle worth pursuing???

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭FE1new

Now that we have time to digest the results. Is anybody considering a re check? I got 43% in Constitution ( with a huge amount of technical issues on the day).. just wondering if anyone here has personally jumped up to the 50 % on a recheck.

As the last few weeks have been an uphill battle just trying to get normal results from the LS I am wondering if this is even a battle worth pursuing???

Yes I submitted my application today. I got 43 in Equity and genuinely felt it was my best exam. I am planning to sit 2 in March and I really am not up to sitting it again so soon. I have nothing to lose (but €115 which is a killer). If it doesn't go up it doesn't go up. I have asked for my paper as well so we will see.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭EmmaO94

EU
    Would people recommend getting Blackstone’s EU Treaties & Legislation for EU or is it necessary?

1million per cent necessary - you'll need it for most questions and then it can also be a life-saver for you to 'cut and paste' from for a 5th q

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Law101

Yes! I will for sure. I got 46 on tort, thought I did great and a host of technical issues throughout plus they let people back in after the exam to finish it. I’ll also be rechecking Eu, I got 42 and actually though it was the best exam I ever did - go figure?!

I can’t face the repeat in March, sick to death of them but I’ll be doing criminal, contract and equity in March. I don’t know why because I’m in total despair today, I really am.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Iconic10

got 46 in tort as well, will get it rechecked. couldn’t start the exam until 11 because of the technical issues on the day. Also could not get through to LS for about half an hour. Should we include these issues on the recheck form do you think or will it have no bearing. I would have thought some consideration would have been given for this but it seems not, together with the fact we had to sit the exam in the circumstances of this year which was outside everyone’s control. more than likely the examiner was not informed of this - an exam should start at the stated time and what happened with the system access issues on the day of tort should not have happened IMO. Spent the good part of over half an hour repeatedly calling the LS to try and get an answer to what was going on with the exam. Wonder if a recheck is worth it or do people usually get their paper back with same grade - 115 for a recheck is steep. 6 down and 2 go, hoping would be only one in march

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭FE1s2021

Isn't the point of getting the recheck so you can decide whether you need to sit it at the next sitting. 6 weeks for rechecks means that we are going to be starting the next set of exams. I don't think I can add on another subject to this sitting, never mind studying for one that could change with a recheck result.

I don't know how this wasn't factored into the timeline - they could have at least pushed the exams out to late March. Does anyone think they would consider putting on an additional sitting for repeats?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

FE1s2021 wrote: »
    Isn't the point of getting the recheck so you can decide whether you need to sit it at the next sitting. 6 weeks for rechecks means that we are going to be starting the next set of exams. I don't think I can add on another subject to this sitting, never mind studying for one that could change with a recheck result.

I don't know how this wasn't factored into the timeline - they could have at least pushed the exams out to late March. Does anyone think they would consider putting on an additional sitting for repeats?

Personally I wouldn’t be holding out much hope

They struggled to put on the extra sitting in august for an exam that was cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭lawDani

FE1s2021 wrote: »

i feel robbed because of this issue too to be honest. ive sat contract twice before and due to the LSI not factoring in common sense, i have to decide whether i want to sacrifice another exam sitting or chance the re-check. shambles!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭fe12021

hey, could someone tell me which email address is best to contact for remarks and whether they also require a copy of your passport? not really anywhere near a pass in contract (43) but....desperate times. thanks!

fe1recheck@lawsociety.ie

Not all , I also got 43 in Constitution. ALOT of people are unhappy with results given back.

Passport only required when requesting your script back for review

The law society could hardly not get the recheck results out in time for the next sitting?

I know it’s bound to be close but surely they’ll get the stilts to us will they? (Sorry I know no one has the answer - this is mainly a plea of desperation!)

Like has been said many times before - email email email - and call if you have time!

Does anyone know if recheck results are released as they’re marked or if there’s usually a release date for them all at once!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭fe12021

thank you so much lsheehaneire!! (new here and don't seem to be allowed to quote in my replies) best of luck if you're also getting rechecks.

Nobody really knows ..I guess everyone's situation is different.

If a large amount of re-checks are submitted they will surely have to re-assess the dates of the next sitting.

Personally I am weary of second guessing what approach they will take on any issue.
    If you feel that you did not deserve the grade you got then submit the re-check but mentally park it and start preparing for March.

It has been such a frustrating few months try to converse with the LS and I realize that most the time you don't get proper answers from them and its a drain on your energy.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 tippertruck

Hey guys is anyone selling notes or past papers on EU law and Contract Law. Maybe let me know by PM. I would greatly appreciate it.

Blackstone Treaties if anyone is selling. Thank you..

PS. Didn’t sit the last exam session but sorry to see people disappointed here. Take a day or two over the weekend to clear your minds and enjoy other things if you can. You deserve it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 N1989

Hi guys,
    Potentially silly question, but have the applications opened yet, or have they already closed, for the March sitting? I withdrew my application for the November sitting as I had just gotten a job and wasn't ready for it yet, but I can't for the life of me find where I applied before!

Hope everyone is feeling okay after your results yesterday, or at least have a plan of action going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭neon123

N1989 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Potentially silly question, but have the applications opened yet, or have they already closed, for the March sitting? I withdrew my application for the November sitting as I had just gotten a job and wasn't ready for it yet, but I can't for the life of me find where I applied before!

Hope everyone is feeling okay after your results yesterday, or at least have a plan of action going forward.

Not open yet, I think it says on the FE1 section that it will be open soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭phildub

Hey guys is anyone selling notes or past papers on EU law and Contract Law. Maybe let me know by PM. I would greatly appreciate it.

PS. Didn’t sit the last exam session but sorry to see people disappointed here. Take a day or two over the weekend to clear your minds and enjoy other things if you can. You deserve it!!

I have materials for eu and contract and the legislation for eu but not for contract. Pm me if you still need anything

• Registered Users Posts: 5 TheFE1Prep

Hi all, I have excellent notes that achieved marks from 65-70% in contract, EU, equity, and tort. PM if interested!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ruby1998

Does anyone have an updated company grid? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭law987

I have soft copies of notes/papers/reports/grids for all subjects.

Especially concise for tort/equity/contract/property/criminal/constitutional

Also have a physical copy of a tort/EU manuals and the legislation needed for exams in contract and property

DM if interested :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭fe12020oct

Could someone please post the email address for getting your exam papers back to look at and also the one to email for rechecks would be great! thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

Wow I began the FE1s as a way to get away from assessment based hires, and here I am after spending all morning applying to a big law firm because it's all assessments like memorising where dots are, and if certain shapes are symmetrical. What a load of BS :)

Lallers96 wrote: »
    Wow I began the FE1s as a way to get away from assessment based hires, and here I am after spending all morning applying to a big law firm because it's all assessments like memorising where dots are, and if certain shapes are symmetrical. What a load of BS :)

Can I ask what firm that is?

Arthur Cox had an assessment to submit with their milk round application last October too 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭law987

Got told in feedback for Arthur Cox I got in 90th percentile for that assessment but still didn't make it past the group interview, the interviewers don't have that info so don't worry too much about it

• Registered Users Posts: 38 orlaghs

I have a contract law manual from Independent College Dublin that I'd be willing to sell if you need just pm me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Hiya1234

Hi guys

I got 65% in Contract and 68% in Constitutional in the November Sitting and I am selling my notes for those subjects (and others if interested - passed all 8 in my first go) which will include sample answers and my actual exam script (when i get them) if anyone is interested - DM me!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 FE1student560

Hey guys. I thought I had done quite well in company and answered all 5 questions in full with plenty of caselaw and I believe I grasped the issue at hand in every question. However I walked away with a mark of 37. I've passed every other exam so it's not like I have no experience with FE-1s. I'm genuinely at a loss to explain how I failed and I have no idea what the examiner wants from me. I'm back studying today and I have no idea what to do. I know all my notes but I'm worried if I'm approaching the exam all wrong. Does anyone have any advice or theories as to why my grade was so low? Many thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭TCPIP

If anyone is looking for an Equity and criminal manual from City Colleges for the last year I'm selling mine.

Advertisement