Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭bluerthanu

He is categorically not a fan of s.1001...In his book he says that if there was a prize for the most tortuous, cryptic and rambling enactment it would go to s.1001

I think the poster probably meant he’s a fan of us mentioning it in our answers ...

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

I don't know if it's just the constitutional and company exams but I'm really struggling for time this set. I finished all 3 well early in November and passed them but I'm not even getting time to go back and put my answers together properly this set so they're a bit all over the place. Would be screwed without the extra half an hour. Anyone else struggling for time?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭bobbyness

Does anyone have up-to-date grids on EU? Can trade for notes. Send a pm :) Last-minute panic as mine only up to 2019 want to confirm some rough predictions on topics.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

NewFe1 wrote: »
    I don't know if it's just the constitutional and company exams but I'm really struggling for time this set. I finished all 3 well early in November and passed them but I'm not even getting time to go back and put my answers together properly this set so they're a bit all over the place. Would be screwed without the extra half an hour. Anyone else struggling for time?

I was definitely struggling for time in company, didn’t sit constitutional! The speed I’m able to type is definitely putting me under more pressure! You’re not the only one!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 fseoighe

would anyone happen to have the 2019/2020 eu papers? thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭LeagleEagle747

Just wondering if anyone would have any EU or Tort sample answers they would be willing to pass on?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭irishmisile

Anyone got any contract sample answers they'd be willing to pass on? much appreciated + I can return

Tort,
    EU,
    Criminal,
    Company
    and Constitutional sample answers if you want

Anyone got any contract sample answers they'd be willing to pass on? much appreciated + I can return

Tort,
    EU,
    Criminal,
    Company

PM me your email... I have some! They’re not great though!

Just wondering if anyone would have any EU or Tort sample answers they would be willing to pass on?

I have tort but they’re not great been honest but you’re welcome to them if you want!

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

Tort,
    EU,
    Criminal,
    Company

I’ve contract sample answers pm me your email

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Corplawtrainee

Anyone have any advice for cutting down tort; have covered defamation and land torts; but have the next five days of cramming to cover the rest - obviously a bit of a tough ask, but any advice on the best way to approach the course in such a short timeframe would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Lealaw

bluerthanu wrote: »
    I think the poster probably meant he’s a fan of us mentioning it in our answers ...
    Precisely what I meant, thanks a million. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 keelfe1s

TORT.

Saw somebody say on FB that Vicarious Liability didn’t come up in November? Correct me if I’m wrong but did it not come up for question 7?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 keelfe1s

Anyone have any advice for cutting down tort; have covered defamation and land torts; but have the next five days of cramming to cover the rest - obviously a bit of a tough ask, but any advice on the best way to approach the course in such a short timeframe would be appreciated.

Ermmm no it’s massive. But I’m leaving out Professional negligence, Defective Products, Occupiers Lib, and think I will leave out Vicarious liability but it comes up regularly so not too sure about that one yet! They all came up last sitting!

So far I’ve damages, nuisance, trespass to P/L , Defamation, passing off, damages, NS, Economic loss, Negligence + Res Ispa Loc, Defences, Employer liability, Concurrent wrongdoers and praying for a bloody miracle.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 cailinbeag00

jus_me wrote: »
    I’ve contract sample answers pm me your email

Would you mind if I was to get these too please?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

keelfe1s wrote: »
    TORT.

Saw somebody say on FB that Vicarious Liability didn’t come up in November? Correct me if I’m wrong but did it not come up for question 7?

Yes it came up! Employers liability might be a good shout but I would probably do one of either occupiers or vicarious to be safe, maybe an essay as they appeared as PQ in nov?!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭AA21

Does anyone know if a Privity essay came up for Contract, similar to previous years, are you required to go into detail with all of the exceptions? Or can you explain what they all are maybe go into detail for 2/3 then carry on with calls for reform etc? It’s literally not possible to go into detail for all of them and finish a question

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

Would you mind if I was to get these too please?

No prob dm your email

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Law101

AA21 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if a Privity essay came up for Contract, similar to previous years, are you required to go into detail with all of the exceptions? Or can you explain what they all are maybe go into detail for 2/3 then carry on with calls for reform etc? It’s literally not possible to go into detail for all of them and finish a question
    I don’t think it did, well I’m banking on it coming up!!! A nice essay would be great ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 49 FEONE

What are people focusing on for contract?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Ais20

FEONE wrote: »
    What are people focusing on for contract?

Offer and Acceptance, Consideration, Promissory Estoppel, Contractual Terms, Exemption Clauses, Consumer Protection, Mistake, Misrepresentation, Discharge of Contractual Obligations, Remedies, Capacity and might just learn a sample answer off for privity just incase it comes up as an essay!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 TheLawGuy

Could anyone please send me on Examiner reports for EU? I have materials in other subjects to swap.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Lawabc

Anyone doing similar for EU?

Institutions
    General principles
    JR
    DE/MSL
    FMOG
    FMOW
    FMOS
    Citizenship
    Equality - just pay and equal treatment

Tempted to add on Competition - just anti competitive agreements

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

Sorry this is so late in the day but does someone have the contact paper from November they could send me?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭catonafence

Lawabc wrote: »

Institutions
    General principles
    JR
    DE/MSL
    FMOG
    FMOW
    FMOS
    Citizenship

I have same list without FMOS and not enough done on FMOW and Citizenship. You look well sorted and will be far ahead of where I am if you can add in anti competitive agreements. I don’t think I’ll get time for it.

I really focused on the wrong topics a few weeks ago and have supremacy and pre. ref. procedure which I shouldn’t have wasted the time on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Lawabc

I have same list without FMOS and not enough done on FMOW and Citizenship. You look well sorted and will be far ahead of where I am if you can add in anti competitive agreements. I don’t think I’ll get time for it.

I really focused on the wrong topics a few weeks ago and have supremacy and pre. ref. procedure which I shouldn’t have wasted the time on.

Don't worry, this is just my list, I have yet to actually learn everything off.

If I'm happy with everything and can squeeze that competition essay in I will, but I imagine I won't have time so I'll probably just be going with the initial topics.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭catonafence

Don't worry, this is just my list, I have yet to actually learn everything off.

If I'm happy with everything and can squeeze that competition essay in I will, but I imagine I won't have time so I'll probably just be going with the initial topics.

Thanks,

I find there's as much of a game with deciding what to learn as opposed to just learning. I'm also doing EU as an undergrad at the moment thus my confusion on what to focus on. Big weekends study ahead for us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 fe12020grad

I've been so preoccupied with equity and company up until now and have left myself with three days to learn everything for property, could someone tell me if I would be covered with the following topics/ recommend leaving any of them out?

-Finding and Treasure Trove
    -Co-ownership
    -Adverse Possession
    -Licences
    -Family Property
    -Landlord and Tenant
    -Incorporeal Hereditaments
    -Succession

Sorry if this has been asked already!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Iso_123

Institutions
    General principles
    JR
    DE/MSL
    FMOG
    FMOW
    FMOS
    Citizenship

I am literally doing the exact same as you! I only have the bare bones of services as a back up or in case it's mixed in with goods. I am 100% staying away from competition myself though. haven't even read the chapter in the manual and didn't do EU in college so i'm not going to even attempt it lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Iso_123

I've been so preoccupied with equity and company up until now and have left myself with three days to learn everything for property, could someone tell me if I would be covered with the following topics/ recommend leaving any of them out?

-Finding and Treasure Trove
    -Co-ownership
    -Adverse Possession
    -Licences
    -Family Property
    -Landlord and Tenant
    -Incorporeal Hereditaments
    -Succession

Sorry if this has been asked already!

I think you should be well covered here. With Succession and adverse possession you're basically guaranteed 3 out of those 2 topics. You should also get another 1 or even 2 with co ownership and family property.

Advertisement