Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 fe12020grad

Does anyone know if you allowed to highlight legislation as well as tab it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 fe12020grad

Iso_123 wrote: »
    I think you should be well covered here. With Succession and adverse possession you're basically guaranteed 3 out of those 2 topics. You should also get another 1 or even 2 with co ownership and family property.
    Oh brilliant, hopefully I can cram all of that for the next few days. Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭caius97

For EU I am covering:
    1. Institutions
    2. General Principles (would be really grateful if someone had condensed notes on this I only have fundamental rights)
    3. DE/MSL
    4. Judicial Review
    5. FMOG x2
    6. FMOW

Property
    1. Adverse Possession
    2. Co-Ownership
    3. Finding
    4. Succession Law
    5. Landlord and Tenant briefly

I don't have mental space to try and squeeze anymore in on top of tort! eeek, good luck everyone with studying this weekend !

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Lawabc

Iso_123 wrote: »
    I am literally doing the exact same as you! I only have the bare bones of services as a back up or in case it's mixed in with goods. I am 100% staying away from competition myself though. haven't even read the chapter in the manual and didn't do EU in college so i'm not going to even attempt it lol

I'm the same for Services, just did some papers and saw it was mixed in with other FM Q's.

I have competition notes done but I'm swaying towards jut focusing on what I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭FE1s2021

awsah wrote: »
    Sorry this is so late in the day but does someone have the contact paper from November they could send me?

Hopefully this works

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

FE1s2021 wrote: »
    Hopefully this works

Thank you so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭FE1s2021

Does anyone know if you allowed to highlight legislation as well as tab it?

Yes you can highlight too!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Fe1nov

I know not the most relevant question right now but trying to get myself organised, any advice on the best prep course to take in peoples experience.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭AA21

Fe1nov wrote: »
    I know not the most relevant question right now but trying to get myself organised, any advice on the best prep course to take in peoples experience.

thanks

If it’s for eu property or contract definitely city colleges the lecturers are amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭AA21

What essays are people thinking for contract? What topics are more likely to form essays I’m not really sure

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Fe123

Why does everyone avoid competition law? Is it because it’s so long or do you think it’s not coming up

Fe123 wrote: »
    Why does everyone avoid competition law? Is it because it’s so long or do you think it’s not coming up

Independent college predicted mergers to come up this sitting so its hard to know

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭murray132

Fe123 wrote: »

I’m just avoiding it as I don’t like it if I’m honest, but it always appears! It’s came up in the form of mergers in November, so i presume you would be safe enough not focusing on mergers again !

• Registered Users Posts: 10 fe12020autumn

CONTRACT

Does anyone have a exam grid for contract please? My one does not have any question numbers on it.. Thank you!!

AA21 wrote: »
    What essays are people thinking for contract? What topics are more likely to form essays I’m not really sure

I'd be hoping for capacity and privity essays

Independent college predicted mergers to come up this sitting so its hard to know

That’s interesting, because city colleges said the opposite in their NBN as mergers was up in November haha

• Registered Users Posts: 33 fe1555

Is anyone else so overwhelmed with tort? I have property on tuesday and only starting to revise that tomorrow because of tort. I just feel like there is so many topics and it is going to be impossible to remember all the cases for each. I honestly do not know what to cut out because of the unpredictability of the exam. Not very confident at all ahead of it :(

fe1555 wrote: »
    Is anyone else so overwhelmed with tort? I have property on tuesday and only starting to revise that tomorrow because of tort. I just feel like there is so many topics and it is going to be impossible to remember all the cases for each. I honestly do not know what to cut out because of the unpredictability of the exam. Not very confident at all ahead of it :(

I feel the exact same I’m only starting to revise EU today and I’m still not happy with the amount I’ve left to do in Tort and it’s the one I’ve spent the most amount of time on!!

awsah wrote: »
    I'd be hoping for capacity and privity essays

Maybe remedies also?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 tommytimber

Contract

Would I be better off throwing in Privity or Capacity at this stage? Haven't looked at either of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 flepetch

yes i'm the exact same sitting property and tort! and i just sat two exams this week so havent touched either of them until today.
    Tort is absolutely terrifying me and i'm wondering if its even worth the stress of sitting it seeing how much i need to cover now!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭vkfe1

I totally get you. I know that Tort can be very overwhelming but it is relatively possible to predict it if you look at the exam grid. I dunno if this helps anyone, but i'm focusing on

- R V F (Nuisance moreso)
    - Defamation
    - Employers
    - Vicarious
    - Nervous Shock
    - Negligence (Duty of Care and Public Authority Liability)
    - Nervous Sock

murray132 wrote: »
    That’s interesting, because city colleges said the opposite in their NBN as mergers was up in November haha

yeah totally put me off when I seen the NBN, independent college predicted as follows

1. Case Notes
    2. DE AND MSL
    3. FMG
    4. Institutions
    5. Citizenship/ FMW
    6. Mergers
    7. State Aid
    8. Equality

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

Contract

Would I be better off throwing in Privity or Capacity at this stage? Haven't looked at either of them

My lecturer has predicted capacity over privity - well he has put capacity in a higher risk category so I’m focusing on that!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭catonafence

yeah totally put me off when I seen the NBN, independent college predicted as follows

1. Case Notes
    2. DE AND MSL
    3. FMG
    4. Institutions
    5. Citizenship/ FMW
    6. Mergers
    7. State Aid
    8. Equality

Really interesting predictions, surprised to see the omission of JR and general principles( including fundamental rights)

Really interesting predictions, surprised to see the omission of JR and general principles( including fundamental rights)

I did the exam in November but I remember our lecturer really thought a q on equality was due and it didn’t come up so I’d say that could appear!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 tippertruck

Does anyone have an essay on EU fundamental rights/general principles they could give me?

Have other EU notes I could swap... thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

Is it unwise to leave the EU aspect of consumer protection out for contract? I find it a bit of a mess and tough to grasp.
    I have covered:
    Offer and Acceptance
    Mistake
    Misrepresentation
    Terms
    Exemption Clauses
    Consideration
    Privity
    Duress
    Capacity
    Undue Influence
    Estoppel
    Remedies
    Discharge

Should I be covered with leaving that out?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Dancing Obsession

I don't know where that person took the predictions from but City Colleges didn't omit JR and fundamental rights.

• Advertisement

NewFe1 wrote: »
    Is it unwise to leave the EU aspect of consumer protection out for contract? I find it a bit of a mess and tough to grasp.
    I have covered:
    Offer and Acceptance
    Mistake
    Misrepresentation
    Terms
    Exemption Clauses
    Consideration
    Privity
    Duress
    Capacity
    Undue Influence
    Estoppel
    Remedies
    Discharge

Should I be covered with leaving that out?
    I would be incredibly surprised if you couldn’t answer 5 questions on the paper with those topics

Advertisement