Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 FEONE

Does anybody find it very confusing how in contract the courts have continuously changed between a plain meaning approach and a contextualism approach for interpreting terms? I cant get my head around which is the correct approach

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Fe1nov

I don't know where that person took the predictions from but City Colleges didn't omit JR and fundamental rights.

Independent prep course!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Creg12

Fe1nov wrote: »
    Independent college predicted mergers to come up this sitting so its hard to know

Mergers were up last time and i don't think they have come up twice in a row?

also if state aid comes up, it will be an A OR b Q

if equality comes up, it will not be in the place of JR!

DE & MSL
    JR
    FMOG & S & C
    FMOW & citizenship
    Competition
    Case note

After that who knows!

Independent are WAY off, that I am fairly certain...

I would be incredibly surprised if you couldn’t answer 5 questions on the paper with those topics

I had your list and left it out and was able to ans 6 questions on my paper

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ruby1998

Is anyone else just floored from last week, can’t get myself to even look at a book for property..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Katniss1998

Does anyone have any general principles notes for EU they would mind sharing?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

ruby1998 wrote: »
    Is anyone else just floored from last week, can’t get myself to even look at a book for property..

ya finding it hard now to get back into study mode, have contract and property and I just cannot wait to be free!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Iso_123

ruby1998 wrote: »

I'm finding it so difficult to concentrate too. Yesterday and today have been almost a waste of time for me i've just been so unproductive because I'm so fed up with studying

Does anyone have any general principles notes for EU they would mind sharing?

here you go, hope they help

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Katniss1998

awsah wrote: »
    here you go, hope they help

Thank you so much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ruby1998

Honestly can't remember even making these property notes it's like starting from scratch lol

Thank you so much!

i just actually opened the link and it seems to be cut off after FR, here are some other notes I have. I am also attatching some grind notes that might help people

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭bobbyness

Creg12 wrote: »

DE & MSL
    JR
    FMOG & S & C
    FMOW & citizenship
    Competition
    Case note

After that who knows!

Can I just confirm. Free movement of goods, services, and what's the c? Custom duties?

bobbyness wrote: »
    Can I just confirm. Free movement of goods, services, and what's the c? Custom duties?

Think it's referring to free movement of capital

Do people have much case law for their institutions notes/essay

• Registered Users Posts: 14 fe12020grad

Would anyone be able to help me in relation to part of the October 2017 problem question on succession? The part is as follows:
    Matthew was a bachelor and had no children. His parents both died twenty years ago. However, he was survived by one of his sisters, Julie, with whom he had lost touch. His other twin sisters, Jackie. and Ellie, died ten years ago. At the time of Matthew's death, Jackie was survived by her children, Jack and Jill, and Ellie was survived by her two grandchildren, Tom and Jerry.

So my question is would I be right in saying that the grandchildren cannot represent Ellie? And that the property would be divided on intestacy between Julie (who would get half) and between Jack and Jill (who would get the other half divider per stirpes as they are the the testators niece and nephew who is representing the deceased sibling)? Or would it be divided differently?

Sorry if that sounded a bit confusing I just cannot seem to figure it out and the exam report didn't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ais20

Would anyone be able to help me in relation to part of the October 2017 problem question on succession? The part is as follows:
    Matthew was a bachelor and had no children. His parents both died twenty years ago. However, he was survived by one of his sisters, Julie, with whom he had lost touch. His other twin sisters, Jackie. and Ellie, died ten years ago. At the time of Matthew's death, Jackie was survived by her children, Jack and Jill, and Ellie was survived by her two grandchildren, Tom and Jerry.

So my question is would I be right in saying that the grandchildren cannot represent Ellie? And that the property would be divided on intestacy between Julie (who would get half) and between Jack and Jill (who would get the other half divider per stirpes as they are the the testators niece and nephew who is representing the deceased sibling)? Or would it be divided differently?

Sorry if that sounded a bit confusing I just cannot seem to figure it out and the exam report didn't help.

Yeah that’s what I would have said. Just go through each stage in intestacy, and say there’s no surviving issue and no spouse, should go to parents next but they are deceased so it goes to the nieces and nephews!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭KMPT

LEGISLATION

Hi all,
    You know the explanatory memorandum that comes with the LCLR Act 2009. Can we use that in the exam as well???

Also, I know we can highlight and underline but can we use tabs? Did anyone use them in the last exam? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

You’re correct!!! Can be a bit confusing alright! If Ellie had children, Julie would have got one third and the children of Jackie and Ellie would have divided one third each between them so would have got one sixth!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

KMPT wrote: »
    LEGISLATION

Hi all,
    You know the explanatory memorandum that comes with the LCLR Act 2009. Can we use that in the exam as well???

Also, I know we can highlight and underline but can we use tabs? Did anyone use them in the last exam? Thanks.

Can’t use the explanatory memorandum....

We can tab legislation though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Fe1nov

Creg12 wrote: »

DE & MSL
    JR
    FMOG & S & C
    FMOW & citizenship
    Competition
    Case note

After that who knows!

yeah I was really doubting everything I had prepared when I seen their predictions, thanks for this I don't feel as bad now!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭EmmaO94

Guys Tort isn't showing up for me on my Calendar on BetterExaminations, should I be worried?! (the Calendar being when you scroll down - I know they don't show up on the top until the morning of).

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Mc96

EmmaO94 wrote: »
    Guys Tort isn't showing up for me on my Calendar on BetterExaminations, should I be worried?! (the Calendar being when you scroll down - I know they don't show up on the top until the morning of).

Company didn't show on my calendar until night before and Tort isn't there for me either so I wouldn't worry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Costello95

Would anyone have a sample answer of FMOW and Citizenship please? Feel like I have too much irrelevant info in by having learned these separately. Thank you 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 49 FEONE

Anything important to focus on for discharge? Think frustration has come up quite recently so not sure whether to focus on that

• Registered Users Posts: 33 13545327

Iso_123 wrote: »
    Do people have much case law for their institutions notes/essay

No there isn't much there for it - Just really Roquette Freres v Council re. Special Leg Procedure where they never consulted w/ EP
    Just get your legislation sorted and you're away with it

• Registered Users Posts: 36 FE1Rookies

Does Proprietary estoppel come up in Contract or is it just promissory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Fe123

Can anyone tell me what is meant by “mandatory requirements” from the cassis de dijon decision

bobbyness wrote: »

services and capital

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mydogwentroof

EmmaO94 wrote: »

If it's not there on Wednesday ring them.

Advertisement