Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Chickennugget1

Would anyone have the law school revision guide for contract by any chance? Thanks 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mydogwentroof

When are the proposed changes to PPC coming in ?? Werent they supposed to introduce just one big long ppc?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Law18

Hey would anyone have any sample property answers after march 2018? I have new materials that I can swap. thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

are people learning frustration enough for an essay or just PQ? my notes on it are so long and it came up as an essay in november so kind of considering just knowing it enough for PQ

• Registered Users Posts: 24 blondie8856

Hi guys, super stressed out with contract and just wondering if people had any predictions for Monday?

My topics (so far) are:
    - Offer and Acceptance
    - Consideration
    - Estoppel
    - Contractual Terms
    - Exemption Clauses
    - Misrepresentation
    - Remedies
    - Consumer Protection

Was thinking of trying to cover UI and Frustration but I saw they came up in November (absolute dreamy paper!!) I saw someone mentioned maybe privity and capacity could be essay Qs so will try and cover those if I have time. Or am I covered with topics do ppl think? I'd be sooo super grateful for any help!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

Hi guys, super stressed out with contract and just wondering if people had any predictions for Monday?

My topics (so far) are:
    - Offer and Acceptance
    - Consideration
    - Estoppel
    - Contractual Terms
    - Exemption Clauses
    - Misrepresentation
    - Remedies
    - Consumer Protection

Was thinking of trying to cover UI and Frustration but I saw they came up in November (absolute dreamy paper!!) I saw someone mentioned maybe privity and capacity could be essay Qs so will try and cover those if I have time. Or am I covered with topics do ppl think? I'd be sooo super grateful for any help!!!!!!

I dont know do you have enough covered, estoppel is such a short topic and might come up with the likes of consideration. Offer and acceptance might come up with another topic also. She likes to put it as much as she can on the paper. What about the likes of duress, mistake? Don't want to make you panic or anything but I'd hate for you to open the paper and not have 5 questions to do!

awsah wrote: »
    I dont know do you have enough covered, estoppel is such a short topic and might come up with the likes of consideration. Offer and acceptance might come up with another topic also. She likes to put it as much as she can on the paper. What about the likes of duress, mistake? Don't want to make you panic or anything but I'd hate for you to open the paper and not have 5 questions to do!

The rough plan is to try and get some other topics like frustration, mistake and capacity covered but feel I am up against it time wise! Also not sure which of the topics I should prioritise getting done .. fml. Thanks so much for the reply though, I will definitely try to cover more.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

The rough plan is to try and get some other topics like frustration, mistake and capacity covered but feel I am up against it time wise! Also not sure which of the topics I should prioritise getting done .. fml. Thanks so much for the reply though, I will definitely try to cover more.

Ya its so hard, I think of all the topics this is the one I'm finding hardest to narrow down and I seem to be basically doing the whole course!

My topics (so far) are:
    - Offer and Acceptance
    - Consideration
    - Estoppel
    - Contractual Terms
    - Exemption Clauses
    - Misrepresentation
    - Remedies
    - Consumer Protection

I would look at breach within discharge of contract, it comes up a lot as an essay and didn't come up in November. I'd also look at estoppel and mistake :)

I would look at breach within discharge of contract, it comes up a lot as an essay and didn't come up in November. I'd also look at estoppel and mistake :)

Thank you so much! Will definitely try and look over those :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭legallyginger

Very aware of contract on monday but wondering those sitting property I'm looking at;
    -succession
    -easements
    -findings
    -licences and RoR
    -landlord tenant
    -family property
    -co-ownership
    -adverse possession

Anything I should add or even take out?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

Very aware of contract on monday but wondering those sitting property I'm looking at;
    -succession
    -easements
    -findings
    -licences and RoR
    -landlord tenant
    -family property
    -co-ownership
    -adverse possession

I think you’re more than covered personally!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭FE1new

Literally just got an overwhelming sense of oh crap I have so much to learn for Monday and don't have the time or brain space for the :D....so many mixed topics

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭BigSprogs

-succession
    -easements
    -findings
    -licences and RoR
    -landlord tenant
    -family property
    -co-ownership
    -adverse possession

Exact same as myself, and I've also got a sample answer prepared for Land Registration. Don't think it's gonna come up but if it does it's always just some sort of quote followed by "discuss systems of land registration in Ireland" so it'd be a handy one if it does come up.

Anyone else finding learning case names for Succession particularly hard? it's like learning the bloody alphabet all over again

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭legallyginger

BigSprogs wrote: »
    Exact same as myself, and I've also got a sample answer prepared for Land Registration. Don't think it's gonna come up but if it does it's always just some sort of quote followed by "discuss systems of land registration in Ireland" so it'd be a handy one if it does come up.

Anyone else finding learning case names for Succession particularly hard? it's like learning the bloody alphabet all over again

Forgot registration! I find succession particularly dense and hate learning caselaw, leaving it last minute to learn off (may be a BAD idea)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mcdurh

Would it be a terrible idea to leave consumer protection blank?

Currently have:

Offer and Acceptance
    Consideration
    Terms
    Capacity
    Discharge of Contract
    Mistake
    Misrepresentation
    Remedies

I think I could probably squeeze in illegal contracts and exemption clauses if needs be, but I think exemption clauses would be a bit pointless if I'm not covering consumer protection. God I'm stressed haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭KMPT

Does anyone have November's paper for Property please?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mcdurh

KMPT wrote: »
    Does anyone have November's paper for Property please?

Someone posted it a couple of pages back in the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Creg12

Is it possible to learn FMOG in a day

Creg12 wrote: »

100%

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭fe12021

anyone able to share an up to date contract grid? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭catonafence

Yes and Art 34-36 come up more often than 30 and 110.
    And Awash kindly posted good grinds on the topic a few pages back.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭AA21

Are tendors important in offer and acceptance? Don’t know a lot and don’t have much time left so cutting as much as I can

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Fedone

Only learned it the day before the exam, couldn’t get my head around it before then. There’s an English guy on YouTube who explains it so well, can’t remember his name but he explained it well enough that I managed a pass on that question

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭FE1new

AA21 wrote: »
    Are tendors important in offer and acceptance? Don’t know a lot and don’t have much time left so cutting as much as I can

Basic information skimming it should be enough.
    1. They are paper auctions - Spencer v Harding
    2. You can accept or reject any as long as it doesn't say it is to go to the highest bidder. That turns it from an ITT to an offer.
    3. Havela - must go to highest bidder unless a privilege clause (meaning you can still reject any bid).
    4. Howberry- example of privilage clause.
    5. Referential bid is where they say the will bid a certain amount over any other bid - not accepted unless it says it in the tender request. Havela Investment and SMART Telecom.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Creg12

Know the basics
    What they are and a case

She’s to unpredictable

[HTML][/HTML]

They come up a bit! Mainly just the referential bids part so just know harvela investments / howberry lane / smart telecom and you should be fine to answer it !

• Registered Users Posts: 34 eLawGirl

Fedone wrote: »
    Only learned it the day before the exam, couldn’t get my head around it before then. There’s an English guy on YouTube who explains it so well, can’t remember his name but he explained it well enough that I managed a pass on that question

Search Marcus Cleaver on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Fedone

eLawGirl wrote: »
    Search Marcus Cleaver on YouTube

That’s him thank you!

• Advertisement

Does anyone have opinions on frustration? Am I safe to just have PQ knowledge on it and can just about stretch it to an essay if necessary?

Advertisement