Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

AA21 wrote: »
    Are tendors important in offer and acceptance? Don’t know a lot and don’t have much time left so cutting as much as I can

I’d know it just incase. I think there was a half question on auctions this sitting last year! Tenders and auctions can pop up every now and again!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Paraeagle

The length of some of the Griffith sample answers would crack you up. I could hardly type some of them in 35 minutes. Let alone stop, think, plan etc

• Registered Users Posts: 49 FE1Nov20

Aren't the clocks going forward tonight .. sigh I could really do without losing an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

Does anyone have opinions on frustration? Am I safe to just have PQ knowledge on it and can just about stretch it to an essay if necessary?

it came up twice in november so I would say you are safe enough

• Registered Users Posts: 11 stav

Hey all, does anyone have any Property sample answers and/or exam reports from after 2018 that they would be willing to share?

Happy to trade anything I have. Thanks a million! ☺️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭KMPT

mcdurh wrote: »
    Someone posted it a couple of pages back in the thread

Thanks for your reply. Went as far back as a month ago and saw other stuff but not that paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

awsah wrote: »
    it came up twice in november so I would say you are safe enough

Thanks so much! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ruby1998

Finding
    AP
    Co Ownership
    Easements
    Family Property
    Land Reg
    Landlord and tenant
    Succession

^^Will this be enough for property? Going to be a long 2 days

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

ruby1998 wrote: »
    Finding
    AP
    Co Ownership
    Easements
    Family Property
    Land Reg
    Landlord and tenant
    Succession

I’d be shocked if you didn’t get 5 questions out of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ruby1998

I’d be shocked if you didn’t get 5 questions out of them!

Brilliant thanks so much!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

ruby1998 wrote: »
    Finding
    AP
    Co Ownership
    Easements
    Family Property
    Land Reg
    Landlord and tenant
    Succession

I would be incredibly surprised if you weren’t covered!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 FE1abroad

Finding it very difficult to remember all the case names for contract... would it be ok to know the facts of the cases and where to apply them, but to more or less make up cases names where required?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 fe1555

FE1abroad wrote: »
    Finding it very difficult to remember all the case names for contract... would it be ok to know the facts of the cases and where to apply them, but to more or less make up cases names where required?

I wouldn't make up case names, I would say it's better to say 'a previous case held that ...' as opposed to making it up. What I often do it just try remember the first name in the case not the second

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭catonafence

You might get lots of varying opinion on this but our lecturers in college advised us if we can’t remember case names in the heat of an exam that the initials or the first name will do at a push. I wouldn’t make them up personally particularly if you have the correct details. If I knew the details but not the name I would outline the facts the outcome of case how it applies to the q. at hand but wouldn’t make the case name up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 FE1abroad

fe1555 wrote: »
    I wouldn't make up case names, I would say it's better to say 'a previous case held that ...' as opposed to making it up. What I often do it just try remember the first name in the case not the second
    You might get lots of varying opinion on this but our lecturers in college advised us if we can’t remember case names in the heat of an exam that the initials or the first name will do at a push. I wouldn’t make them up personally particularly if you have the correct details. If I knew the details but not the name I would outline the facts the outcome of case how it applies to the q. at hand but wouldn’t make the case name up.

Yeah I'm hoping I'll be able to remember some names or at least vague intials, 'a previous case held that ...' is great advice too - thanks a mill!

Yeah I'm hoping I'll be able to remember some names or at least vague intials, 'a previous case held that ...' is great advice too - thanks a mill!

Yes I did this in tort and criminal as I couldn't remember all the cases,I dont know if I did or did not receive marks for it but I massed them both. Criminal in the 60s so you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭AA21

I have done
    Offer and acceptance
    Consideration and estoppel
    Misrepresentation
    Exemption clauses
    Consumer protection
    Privity
    Remedies
    Illegal contracts
    Is there anything else I need to cover?

AA21 wrote: »
    I have done
    Offer and acceptance
    Consideration and estoppel
    Misrepresentation
    Exemption clauses
    Consumer protection
    Privity
    Remedies
    Illegal contracts
    Is there anything else I need to cover?

I'm really hoping for an essay on capacity so that all those warship cases I learned in constitutional can be thrown in somewhere to talk about how the assisted decision making capacity act of 2015 is changing the law around persons of unsound mind!! But like the constitutional exam, that prob wont cone up here either! (Laughing face, crying laughing face, crying face)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭AA21

I'm really hoping for an essay on capacity so that all those warship cases I learned in constitutional can be thrown in somewhere to talk about how the assisted decision making capacity act of 2015 is changing the law around persons of unsound mind!! But like the constitutional exam, that prob wont cone up here either! (Laughing face, crying laughing face, crying face)

I’m not getting much look this time around so they probably won’t 🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭FE1new

Has there been an essay on Capacity on a paper? Sorry I'm trying to find one and having no luck. Can anyone point me to the right year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

Does capacity come up generally or as an essay on minors do you know ?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭FE1s2021

Does capacity come up generally or as an essay on minors do you know ?

From looking at the past papers it is usually an essay question on minors. There was a PQ in October 2016 also in the context of minors.
    Are people focusing on mentally ill persons for capacity? I have only really done minors

Oh sorry not meaning to panic people I don't know if it appears as essays but that's not to say it won't this time, please noone go off preparing for an essay on my advice. Capacity is a nice subject and I'm preparing it as an essay as I would hate to just prepare minors and then a general essay on Capacity came up. That is just what I am doing,I obviously have no insight into the mind of the examiner

Oh sorry not meaning to panic people I don't know if it appears as essays but that's not to say it won't this time, please noone go off preparing for an essay on my advice. Capacity is a nice subject and I'm preparing it as an essay as I would hate to just prepare minors and then a general essay on Capacity came up. That is just what I am doing,I obviously have no insight into the mind of the examiner

Yeah I’ve just done it generally haha was just unsure what way it does come up !

FE1s2021 wrote: »
    From looking at the past papers it is usually an essay question on minors. There was a PQ in October 2016 also in the context of minors.
    Are people focusing on mentally ill persons for capacity? I have only really done minors

I’ve just looked at it all - I have no cases really for the mentally ill just a sort paragraph

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Mc96

I’ve just looked at it all - I have no cases really for the mentally ill just a sort paragraph

From memory when I prepared it in November, I think I had two cases on incapacity due to being drunk, one on mental illness and some commentary on same and then predominantly on minors. I imagine even if a general question comes up for you guys focusing on minors would be fine as long as you touch on the other points.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 fe1555

Would anyone mind explaining to me if they can, in the acquisition of an easement, the last option is presumed grant of prescription (common law, lost modern grant and statutory prescription persuant to perscription act 1858) so these have been abolished by the LCLRA. Are they no longer applicable at all then say in a PQ? I'm confused because of the whole Civil Law Miscellaneous Act 2011 delaying everything with easements?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Fe123

For EU are people generally studying less topics considering it’s very predictable? I have 6 topics. The predictions from independent colleges have me worried

Fe123 wrote: »
    For EU are people generally studying less topics considering it’s very predictable? I have 6 topics. The predictions from independent colleges have me worried

I wouldn’t really worry I’d say they just have some wild predictions because there were four papers last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭jjjjjop

What are the predictions for tort? only starting it now I know the bankers are Demamation and damages... but anything else thats would be good to study ? Also what are peoples thoughts about leaving causation out?

Advertisement