Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 FE12020Law

The Tort syllabus is actually rediculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

FE12020Law wrote: »
    The Tort syllabus is actually rediculous.

Yeah I sat it in august and ended up covering nearly everything

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Iso_123

Don't focus too much on sample answers. Most of them are very poorly written. You are better off just looking at exam reports, his are generally pretty detailed

I defo haven't been focusing on sample answers a lot but just got a bit of a shock today when I actually did go and look at one! it was probably about 2 -3000 words long and just had so much irrelevant stuff in it. I think I'll give them a miss from now on anyway.
    Finding that there's things hes mentioning in his reports that just arnt included in my notes (and I did a prep course) so i'm getting super stressed! EU law is just not it for me lol

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭FE1new

Would it be a mistake to leave out mistake in contract? I don't think my brain can handle anymore. It looks like the whole syllabus is on the papers

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

FE1new wrote: »
    Would it be a mistake to leave out mistake in contract? I don't think my brain can handle anymore. It looks like the whole syllabus is on the papers

what have you already covered?

• Advertisement

what have you already covered?

So far I've covered:
    Offer and Acceptance
    Consideration
    Formalities
    Terms
    Consumer protection (minus EU)
    Estoppel
    Misrepresentation
    Privity

Trying to cover Damages, remedies and undue influence in the next oh 4 hours as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Diamond_Hands

Obviously there's a problem with not covering enough. Equally covering too much is also an issue. There won't be much depth in your answers if you stretch yourself too thin. Likewise, it'll effect your ability to study well in other subjects.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 fe12020grad

Would anyone know of any potential reform suggestions for easements? It has appeared at the end of a question on the right to light/way/ support in the 2016 October paper and I can't seem to find anything. The exam report doesn't even suggest any potential talking points which is strange.

Obviously there's a problem with not covering enough. Equally covering too much is also an issue. There won't be much depth in your answers if you stretch yourself too thin. Likewise, it'll effect your ability to study well in other subjects.

Yeah you are right I'm feeling very stretched. I'll leave it out and try finish covering the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭FE1_2020_

Iso_123 wrote: »
    I defo haven't been focusing on sample answers a lot but just got a bit of a shock today when I actually did go and look at one! it was probably about 2 -3000 words long and just had so much irrelevant stuff in it. I think I'll give them a miss from now on anyway.
    Finding that there's things hes mentioning in his reports that just arnt included in my notes (and I did a prep course) so i'm getting super stressed! EU law is just not it for me lol

Not trying add to your stress, but Im literally speaking from experience here, during the last November exam I left myself very short for revision/prep on EU as I spent the majority of my time on Equity. Anyway, long story short I had about 8 days starting EU from fresh, I left it this late due to the predictability of the topics which many people told me there are certain bankers on the exam.

I opened the EU Griffith manual and closed it immediately it was overwhelming, so instead, I literally just honed in on my chosen topics and went through them where they came up on the sample answers, while doing this I cross referenced to ensure they contained the key cases as discussed in the reports for that particular year and each sample answer did in fact have them. Thus, I got peace of mind.

I solely revised my notes from them and passed comfortably, my advice is try not to overthink it and stick with the banker topics, such as, JR, DE & MS, Institutions, MEQR's, FMOG & FMOW, Citizenship.

Now, if your looking for top marks, the above will not suffice, but if your looking to pass and move on the above definitely allowed me to do that just that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Law101

FE1_2020_ wrote: »
    Not trying add to your stress, but Im literally speaking from experience here, during the last November exam I left myself very short for revision/prep on EU as I spent the majority of my time on Equity. Anyway, long story short I had about 8 days starting EU from fresh, I left it this late due to the predictability of the topics which many people told me there are certain bankers on the exam.

I opened the EU Griffith manual and closed it immediately it was overwhelming, so instead, I literally just honed in on my chosen topics and went through them where they came up on the sample answers, while doing this I cross referenced to ensure they contained the key cases as discussed in the reports for that particular year and each sample answer did in fact have them. Thus, I got peace of mind.

I solely revised my notes from them and passed comfortably, my advice is try not to overthink it and stick with the banker topics, such as, JR, DE & MS, Institutions, MEQR's, FMOG & FMOW, Citizenship.

Now, if your looking for top marks, the above will not suffice, but if your looking to pass and move on the above definitely allowed me to do that just that.
    yeah I would agree with this, Griffith are grand but def cross reference with the examiners report. I found particularly with contract, the answers were too long irrelevant and some just wrong. some of them didn't include half of the topics let alone cases the examiner was looking for!

So far I've covered:
    Offer and Acceptance
    Consideration
    Formalities
    Terms
    Consumer protection (minus EU)
    Estoppel
    Misrepresentation
    Privity

Trying to cover Damages, remedies and undue influence in the next oh 4 hours as well.

I think leave out mistake! Misrep is more due anyway and you don’t want to overload yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 37 tippertruck

Would anyone have the examiners reports for EU law please? As previous posters mentioned, the sample answers I have are only adding to the confusion!!

under a bit of time pressure here think I'm going to have to leave out frustration - is this completely insane

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Mc96

under a bit of time pressure here think I'm going to have to leave out frustration - is this completely insane

If you feel you just don't have the time, then better to leave it out than send yourself into a spin trying to learn it at the expense of other topics. I sat in November and passed, I'm happy to send on my notes on it if that would help you just pm me your email address, but don't put yourself under pressure if it would be at the expense of the other topics you've concentrated on.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 fe1person

Does anyone have the November 2020 Examiner Report for EU law?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 FE1student2021

stav wrote: »
    Hey all, does anyone have any Property sample answers and/or exam reports from after 2018 that they would be willing to share?

Happy to trade anything I have. Thanks a million! ☺️

I sent you a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

Has anyone got notes on the EU regulations for Consumer Protection? Would be much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

Mc96 wrote: »
    If you feel you just don't have the time, then better to leave it out than send yourself into a spin trying to learn it at the expense of other topics. I sat in November and passed, I'm happy to send on my notes on it if that would help you just pm me your email address, but don't put yourself under pressure if it would be at the expense of the other topics you've concentrated on.

Have you any tips on how to cram all these subjects in? I feel like I'm finding this harder that constitutional to get everything learned off!

awsah wrote: »
    Have you any tips on how to cram all these subjects in? I feel like I'm finding this harder that constitutional to get everything learned off!

I don't unfortunately, even though I had put a lot of time into it, the morning of I was considering not sitting it because I honestly felt so over stretched and that I didn't actually properly know anything with there being so much to remember. I sat it in the end and a lot came back to me in the exam and I passed. I think it's one of those ones that you will just always feel totally unprepared for.

My only advice is if you really feel you aren't remembering stuff just cut it down, learn 2 instead of 4 cases for a point etc. and try to push through! I really hated contract by the end so I totally understand where you're coming from!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭fe1fi20

hey guys, has anyone got predictions for property? i'm thinking of leaving out easements because its just too complex for me. I'm doing:
    succession
    adverse possession
    co ownership
    licences
    rights to residence
    registration of land
    finding
    mortgages

Mc96 wrote: »
    I don't unfortunately, even though I had put a lot of time into it, the morning of I was considering not sitting it because I honestly felt so over stretched and that I didn't actually properly know anything with there being so much to remember. I sat it in the end and a lot came back to me in the exam and I passed. I think it's one of those ones that you will just always feel totally unprepared for.

My only advice is if you really feel you aren't remembering stuff just cut it down, learn 2 instead of 4 cases for a point etc. and try to push through! I really hated contract by the end so I totally understand where you're coming from!

ya I just focused more of my time on constitutional and equity and I am only now realising how much is actually in contract, but I am not going to thorw in the towel just yet! praying for some lovely questions tomorrow!

awsah wrote: »
    ya I just focused more of my time on constitutional and equity and I am only now realising how much is actually in contract, but I am not going to thorw in the towel just yet! praying for some lovely questions tomorrow!

Fingers crossed you guys get a nice paper and I bet you know more than you think you do! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭AA21

Does anyone else still feel like they know nothing for contract?

AA21 wrote: »
    Does anyone else still feel like they know nothing for contract?

it will be a miracle if i get 5 answers down

Same, when I look over the papers there is such a mix, most I can answer is half of each of the questions. I'm at the stage I don't even know if I should sit it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭AA21

It will be a very long night

• Registered Users Posts: 36 FE1Rookies

Same, when I look over the papers there is such a mix, most I can only answer half of each of the questions. I'm at the stage I don't even know if I should sit it tomorrow.

This is honestly the worst time. I hate the lead up to exams but power though!! You should defo sit it, you are after putting time into it and after paying for the exam so you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. The paper may be perfect for what you have studied and it could be your best exam yet so try not to stress too much. You got this!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Lawlz

Looking at the comments here, it seems like a lot of us are in the same boat for contract tomorrow.

I sat three last week and focused all my attention on them thinking they were harder. Neglected contract thinking it wasn’t as bad as the others but I’m lost for tomorrow now!

Good luck to everyone sitting.

Hoping for some nice straightforward questions and lenient marking.

• Advertisement

yes come on now guys, we can do it, we are over the hill now and on the home stretch!!

Advertisement