Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ruby1998

Reduced property now down to
    Finding
    AP
    Co ownership
    Easements
    Family property
    Succession

Could not be dealing with Landlord Tenant and leaving out land reg

Feeling for everyone doing contract it's a nightmare but hoping for a nice straightforward paper for you all.

It's only early - a lot can be done in one night when you know you have no other choice - power through!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 kayleee123

Hoping the contract examiner doesn't mind all the "an advertisement for hens was held to be an invitation to treat in another case I can't remember the name of" that she's going to be seeing in my paper tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭AA21

ruby1998 wrote: »
    Feeling for everyone doing contract it's a nightmare but hoping for a nice straightforward paper for you all.

It's only early - a lot can be done in one night when you know you have no other choice - power through!!!

I needed this hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭jjjjjop

Whats the pass rate for tort does anyone know? Is he a nice marker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Zlatorog

13545327 wrote: »
    I have it - it wont let me upload it - if you want to pm me an email address !

Would I be able to get this as well, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭RebeccaM90

Would anyone know of any potential reform suggestions for easements? It has appeared at the end of a question on the right to light/way/ support in the 2016 October paper and I can't seem to find anything. The exam report doesn't even suggest any potential talking points which is strange.

I'm stuck on this as well, I have no problem discussing right to light or right of way or support but finding it somewhat difficult to make recommendations for reform. Also found this aspect difficult when asked for comments on reform regarding adverse possession...

• Registered Users Posts: 10 P.O.POLLY

Last minute.com but can anyone tell me what we need the LCLRA 2009 for in property? A friend of mine did it three years ago and didn't use that in the exam just th succession act?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭RebeccaM90

P.O.POLLY wrote: »
    Last minute.com but can anyone tell me what we need the LCLRA 2009 for in property? A friend of mine did it three years ago and didn't use that in the exam just th succession act?

You need it for easements and co-ownership questions

• Registered Users Posts: 34 eLawGirl

Contract law

For misrepresentation are people covering contracts of utmost good faith regarding insurance contracts - does this ever come up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Coopie

To everyone doing Contract:

I wasn’t going to sit it when I did it - I had only one night to read through my notes - it ended up being the only the exam I passed out of 3 I had done!

Keep going! Sit it tomorrow! Give
    It your all!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭FE1new

eLawGirl wrote: »
    Contract law

For misrepresentation are people covering contracts of utmost good faith regarding insurance contracts - does this ever come up

No I'm not covering this at all. I haven't seen it in the papers but I could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭StabiloLaw

I hate to bring the positivity down but I've actually just had the most negatively sick feeling in my stomach about Contract and am considering not sitting it.

Does anyone know if I call tomorrow morning will I be refunded my money, or will I have to be at the loss of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭saraocallaghan

StabiloLaw wrote: »
    I hate to bring the positivity down but I've actually just had the most negatively sick feeling in my stomach about Contract and am considering not sitting it.

Does anyone know if I call tomorrow morning will I be refunded my money, or will I have to be at the loss of it?

Just try? I know how you feel but if you're going to take the hit with the fees, just look at the paper and if you're not feeling it, then leave. But you never know.

I think you have to have a medical note for cancelling and getting a refund and it can take an age to get the money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭caius97

Does anyone have condensed easement notes? Is it just me who thinks it's a complete melt of a topic? definitely regret picking it now lol but too late in the game I fear

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ais20

eLawGirl wrote: »
    Contract law

I think you can use it as part of the answer if a question on duty to act in good faith if that came up, like you’d still have to mention Flynn and Breccia etc, but in the examiner reports she said they still accepted that as an answer!

caius97 wrote: »
    Does anyone have condensed easement notes? Is it just me who thinks it's a complete melt of a topic? definitely regret picking it now lol but too late in the game I fear

Agreed, hate the thing trying to put together some vaguely coherent notes myself atm and failing it’s so large and convoluted

• Registered Users Posts: 28 BBall2015

I've been so terrified to fail equity again that I literally spent all my time on it and had the attitude that I'd breeze through EU because the paper is so predictable and there's basically 5 guaranteed topics/chapters... now I'm starting to completely freak out that I should've spent more time on it - is it a fairly easy subject to pass? Not that it's an "easy pass", it's still an FE, but is it doable with only 2.5 days of study?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭AA21

For remedies, is damages / remoteness of damage and mitigation what usually comes up?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Fedone

BBall2015 wrote: »
    I've been so terrified to fail equity again that I literally spent all my time on it and had the attitude that I'd breeze through EU because the paper is so predictable and there's basically 5 guaranteed topics/chapters... now I'm starting to completely freak out that I should've spent more time on it - is it a fairly easy subject to pass? Not that it's an "easy pass", it's still an FE, but is it doable with only 2.5 days of study?

Absolutely manageable. I sat Tort & EU in august and tort was first so I spent most of my time prepping for that because of the sheer amount of topics to cover. Had my notes prepared and had a vague idea of EU but most of the learning for it took place the day off in between exams after tort. 2.5 days is definitely enough time if you really put the head down. Best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Paraeagle

Coopie wrote: »
    To everyone doing Contract:

I wasn’t going to sit it when I did it - I had only one night to read through my notes - it ended up being the only the exam I passed out of 3 I had done!

Keep going! Sit it tomorrow! Give
    It your all!

This has given me a ray of hope. I thought I had ‘learned off’ 3 chapters a few weeks ago but looking at them tonight it feels like the first time I’m seeing most of it

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

BBall2015 wrote: »

10000% i learned off EU in 2 days and i passed with 15% or so to spare! and i found EU very difficult as a subject. marker is lovely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭fe1prep2021

Paraeagle wrote: »
    This has given me a ray of hope. I thought I had ‘learned off’ 3 chapters a few weeks ago but looking at them tonight it feels like the first time I’m seeing most of it

I am the exact same! Long night ahead of cramming

Fedone wrote: »
    Absolutely manageable. I sat Tort & EU in august and tort was first so I spent most of my time prepping for that because of the sheer amount of topics to cover. Had my notes prepared and had a vague idea of EU but most of the learning for it took place the day off in between exams after tort. 2.5 days is definitely enough time if you really put the head down. Best of luck!

Thank you!! This is so reassuring! I was freaking out that I'd pass Equity and then fail the "easier" one and throw it all away!! I'm thinking of getting at least DE/MSL and either FMOG or JR done tonight and then spend 12 hours at least Mon & Tues!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 fe1555

I was so so close to doing this in November with one of my exams, even half an hour before the exam I was considering not sitting it. I had exams back to back and felt like I had to learn the whole subject in half a day. I sat it in the end and passed with 64%. SO glad I sat it. Your adrenaline will kick in once you sit the exam and it will come to you. If it doesn't then at least you tried! But you'll never know if it would have gone your way if you don't sit it.

10000% i learned off EU in 2 days and i passed with 15% or so to spare! and i found EU very difficult as a subject. marker is lovely :)

Wow!! Congratulations on passing with so much over! Me too, I absolutely hated EU in college so I've kind of been dreading it!

I'm doing DE/MS, FMOW/Citizenship, JR, FMOG and General Principles, I will throw in the institutions but my manual's notes on principles are sooooo long!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Fe123

So happy to hear EU is manageable in 2 days. Felt sick all day thinking about it :(

I would absolutely recommend even logging in and seeing what the questions are before deciding to not take it! A friend of mine chose not to sit criminal last week the morning of the exam, and then saw the topics that came up from people discussing it here on boards and was kicking herself because she realised she would've been able to answer at least 3 q's comfortably!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 flepetch

i felt the exact same about two of my exams last week! i did look into getting a refund but you need a doctor's note or evidence of why you can't sit it so i decided to just give them a go and see what happens

i know it feels impossible and exhausting and pointless to try but when you actually sit the exam you will feel better for doing so. no point wasting the weeks of hard work in a single moment of weakness

best of luck i'm sure you'll do great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

Anyone planning on having a late night tonight for contract?

Advertisement