Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 SalteeBiscuits

Selling the Lawschool.ie EU and Company manuals 19/20 along with notes, exam grids, past papers, and revision guide if anyone is interested PM me!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Fe1newbie

Anyone have Company Sample answers be able to email me? I have other material I could swap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Aimeenig

Selling the latest City Colleges 2020-2021 manuals for Equity, Criminal and Contract. Will include up to date exam grids, past papers and examiner reports. €50 per subject. PM me if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

Can I ask what firm that is?

Arthur Cox had an assessment to submit with their milk round application last October too ��

A&L Goodbody. I just find these assessments pointless, how does me memorising dots prove I am good enough for a 4 week internship. It's mentally draining and a waste of study time tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Lawstudent123

I'm wondering if anyone can help me with the case note for Constitutional.
    Is there a list of cases you need to learn or is it best to just go through past exam papers and make a list of all the cases that have come up in the last 10 years or so?
    Would appreciate any guidance :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭lawDani

Hi All,
    just a gentle reminder ;

http://chng.it/XN7kwpZgF6

i hope people feel a little better today nevertheless something has to change ..

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Lawlaw12

I'm wondering if anyone can help me with the case note for Constitutional.
    Is there a list of cases you need to learn or is it best to just go through past exam papers and make a list of all the cases that have come up in the last 10 years or so?
    Would appreciate any guidance :)

It's really hard to predict, but there is a huge focus on recent cases throughout the constitutional exam, so you'll need to focus on recent cases in your study anyway and they are likely to feature in the case note q.
    My advice would be to look for recent cases in every topic as you are going through your study, there have been quite a few big cases in the last few years which have changed the law in their area, so you'll be learning these cases anyway and then just bear in mind that they could be a case note. It could also include older cases that set out the law in a certain area.

To be honest there are too many possible case note cases to make a list of, as it could be any of the important recent cases or any older seminal case. So it's not a predictable question and there is no set list of cases, but if you include recent cases and all the important older cases in your study there is a good chance you'll recognise two of the cases on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 BookFast

Sorry if this is an annoying question but I can't find information on it anywhere on the LS website (shock), does anyone know when the awards for results are announced? And what results usually obtain an award, are we talking 75% plus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭IgoPAP

If remote sittings are the reason why the exams have seemingly - - and in plenty of cases, arbitrarily - - marked harder, it needs to be done away with as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Smiley283

Hi everyone,

I am looking for condensed Constitutional law notes if anyone would be willing to swap theirs for another subject?

I have notes on;

Company law
    Equity
    Contract law
    Property
    Criminal
    Eu Law

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Hazel774

Has anyone been receiving responses to their emails to the Law Society?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭FE1s2021

Hazel774 wrote: »

Nope... I've tried to call a few times too and no answer!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭123456789j

Hi guys... seeing as the last year has been such a mess regarding disruptions to fe1s, would it not be reasonable to seek an additional sitting sometime in the summer, similar to last year? I know in my own personal case, I had difficulty booking work off for November as I has already taken leave in October. Has put me under enormous pressure for September now.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

BookFast wrote: »
    Sorry if this is an annoying question but I can't find information on it anywhere on the LS website (shock), does anyone know when the awards for results are announced? And what results usually obtain an award, are we talking 75% plus?

They haven’t even put up the list of winners from 2019 so maybe they’ve done away with the awards

From what I’ve heard through the grape
    Vine the marks are in the high 70s and 80s

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭AlexTG356

IgoPAP wrote: »
    If remote sittings are the reason why the exams have seemingly - - and in plenty of cases, arbitrarily - - marked harder, it needs to be done away with as soon as possible.

Would wonder if it's a combination of this and the introduction of the new rules, such as the sit before you graduate and the removal of the sit four and pass three (not that I have anything against them, as I've benefitted from them). It makes the exams more accessible, so I wonder does that make the standard of marking go up?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Sesh0nm0m

Hazel774 wrote: »

Nope I sent multiple emails and they've been ignoring me. I actually can't go ahead with my next sitting with this stress hanging over my head. I was supposed to be finished in March but now I've failed two from November and they don't care to tell me why. I got a very poor grade in an exam that I thought I passed and the one time I got through to them on the phone I was basically told it was the examiner's prerogative and to go **** myself <33333 I know the grade is way way way off

123456789j wrote: »
    Hi guys... seeing as the last year has been such a mess regarding disruptions to fe1s, would it not be reasonable to seek an additional sitting sometime in the summer, similar to last year? I know in my own personal case, I had difficulty booking work off for November as I has already taken leave in October. Has put me under enormous pressure for September now.

I’d definitely would help but I just can’t see them doing it - the august sitting caused the same
    Problems with results and timetables and no time between the sitting and the October one

Unless they try hold one in June/July but I just can’t see them doing so tbh

I could be completely wrong and they may even be considering it so no harm asking

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭123456789j

I’d definitely would help but I just can’t see them doing it - the august sitting caused the same
    Problems with results and timetables and no time between the sitting and the October one

Unless they try hold one in June/July but I just can’t see them doing so tbh

I could be completely wrong and they may even be considering it so no harm asking

Yes no harm I suppose. Very unlikely. I had been told that this would be an option last year but then they went and held online sittings. There’s no doubt that this has caused massive problems for students who do hope to go to Blackhall next September

AlexTG356 wrote: »
    Would wonder if it's a combination of this and the introduction of the new rules, such as the sit before you graduate and the removal of the sit four and pass three (not that I have anything against them, as I've benefitted from them). It makes the exams more accessible so I wonder does that make the standard of marking goes up?

I don't think this is the case as the August sittings of the exams, which were in-person, went fine and most people thought the results were fair. As opposed to the remote sittings, where apparently the examiners gave up and started throwing out 36 and 43 marks like candy.

Extra exam sittings, although creating some complications, would be beneficial I think. A summer sitting would be great.

• Advertisement

IgoPAP wrote: »
    Extra exam sittings, although creating some complications, would be beneficial I think. A summer sitting would be great.

This would be the dream and it would be fair also to those of you starting TCs but from the way your one sounded on the phone yesterday they don't care about extra sittings and they definitely won't be pushing it back. Also I don't think the examiners will want to write new papers. In August it was only the EU examiner who had to write a new paper as nobody sat tort so they could use the same one. Important to note the examiners probably caused this issue in the first place by just pulling grades out of their ass with no justification.

Sesh0nm0m wrote: »
    This would be the dream and it would be fair also to those of you starting TCs but from the way your one sounded on the phone yesterday they don't care about extra sittings and they definitely won't be pushing it back. Also I don't think the examiners will want to write new papers. In August it was only the EU examiner who had to write a new paper as nobody sat tort so they could use the same one. Important to note the examiners probably caused this issue in the first place by just pulling grades out of their ass with no justification.

Yeah I can’t see the examiners willing to spend the whole year dealing with the FE1s

Especially when the EU examiner had to do four papers last year and the tort one had to do three

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭vid36

I think in person exam sitting will be possible this year but not in spring.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 FE1student560

Well that's my training contract revoked. Just off the phone with my would-be employer. No point resitting company in March now. I've been in complete shock for 24 hours. I had no expectation of failing that exam and I found out I was 13% short. This year has just been awful and this certainly caps it off. No idea where I go from here. I hope everyone else has better luck than me and manages to get through these nonsensical exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

I know it has been said in this thread already but can someone tell me what to know for company and what topics appear most frequently!!!???

Well that's my training contract revoked. Just off the phone with my would-be employer. No point resitting company in March now. I've been in complete shock for 24 hours. I had no expectation of failing that exam and I found out I was 13% short. This year has just been awful and this certainly caps it off. No idea where I go from here. I hope everyone else has better luck than me and manages to get through these nonsensical exams.

Failed company miserably and nobody will tell me why because I thought I passed it :)))))) I've passed half of these exams already so I know what I'm doing like... I'm so sorry about your contract that's awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Debarramike137

Hi guys

I got 42 in both property and equity and passed cranial, which I though I had failed!

Does anyone have a marked paper for equity or property please as I’d love to compare to mine (when I receive it) thanks so much

Jesus that’s pretty harsh of the employer tbh and maybe it’s slightly good that you’ve got out now from the sounds of it

You will find another one definitely so don’t give up !

If I was you I’d probably have a good cry and mope and then spend the rest of today relaxing

It will all work out

I know it has been said in this thread already but can someone tell me what to know for company and what topics appear most frequently!!!???

Separate legal personality
    Advantages/Disadvantages of setting up a company
    Directors duties
    Examinership/receivership
    Corporate borrowings
    Winding up
    Shareholder oppression

I could be missing a few others

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Hazel774

123456789j wrote: »

I think unfortunately an extra sitting is unlikely, considering the fact that the August results were only scheduled to come out days before the October sitting and the LS refused to make any changes despite a petition with 687 signatures. The only reason it got changed to November was due to new covid restrictions, but they did everything in their power to hold it in October which would have given people who failed in August 7 days to prepare for a repeat.
    People asked them to hold a second sitting even just for Tort and EU (as they were the only exams in August) just to give people a fair chance to repeat but of course they refused.

The fact that they wouldn't hold an extra sitting for two subjects for those candidates who had their March exams cancelled the day before the exam and then postponed for five months leads me to believe they won't even entertain the idea of an extra sitting for all 8 exams.

I genuinely think there is no getting through to them. They show an absolute disregard for candidates mental health time and time again.

Advertisement