Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ais20

Anyone planning on having a late night tonight for contract?

Have a monster and coffee at the ready for the night:(

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭fe1prep2021

Anyone planning on having a late night tonight for contract?

Yes!! We can all do this, I am sure we can all learn a sufficient amount tonight to get us to the 50%

• Registered Users Posts: 33 fe1555

Does anyone have any cases re: part 4 tenancies in property for the landlord tenant chapter? there's not one in my manual and it frequently comes up as an easy enough essay

• Registered Users Posts: 40 tommytimber

Do people have much on Agreement to Agree? I have Cadbury v Kerry - terms were unspecific and they didn't rely on it for their rights and obligations. Is there more to add to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 eLawGirl

StabiloLaw wrote: »
    I hate to bring the positivity down but I've actually just had the most negatively sick feeling in my stomach about Contract and am considering not sitting it.

Does anyone know if I call tomorrow morning will I be refunded my money, or will I have to be at the loss of it?

Aw I totally feel for you I felt so sick before equity I couldn't eat anything, I got kicked out within the first 10 mins and I was so overwhelmed there must be a picture of me holding up my ID with a big red teary face somewhere in the system! I'm glad I sat it now. At least if you try you can ask for your script back and get an idea of marking for next time or by the luck of the universe you will pass.

Whatever you decide take care of yourself, its a very stressful time.

I got money back from not doing past sittings but FYI it did take 4 or 5 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭AA21

For anyone that is doing Privity, in relation to the exceptions, are you just saying what they all are and going through maybe 3/4 of them and then carrying on to areas of reform? Timing wise it’s not possible to go through them all

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭FE1new

AA21 wrote: »
    For anyone that is doing Privity, in relation to the exceptions, are you just saying what they all are and going through maybe 3/4 of them and then carrying on to areas of reform? Timing wise it’s not possible to go through them all

Yeah that is what I am doing. Explaining the doctrine, giving the exceptions, some in detail and then the reforms suggested

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭AA21

FE1new wrote: »
    Yeah that is what I am doing. Explaining the doctrine, giving the exceptions, some in detail and then the reforms suggested

Hopefully it comes up as an essay

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

Yes hopefully

I am concentrating in collateral contracts agency and claiming for loss incurred by third party, i obviously already known donoghue v Stevenson from tort but I think the first. 3 most closely link to contract law

Haha have the family lighting candles and saying mass for it as an essay question, a nice O+A problem, Consideration problem, some estoppel and a Misrepresentation question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭law987

For those doing contract, I found the examiner reports are very good to point you in the right direction, gives a good idea what angles/cases to focus on

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Law101

doing the same here - really really hope
    comes up

• Registered Users Posts: 12 JudeLawX

Contract

Does anyone know when is the last time the contract examiner changed? I can determine the issues in the more recent papers more easily than those from 2016/2015/2014 when looking through past papers and reports and I don't know if it's because I'm tired or if it's because the papers were genuinely more tricky - any ideas? The examiners' names aren't on my copies of the older papers

• Registered Users Posts: 10 P.O.POLLY

Advice on any extra topic that's short and easy for property? I'm worried I don't have enough

I'm covering:
    finding,
    adverse poss,
    easements,
    succession,
    co ownership and
    family property.

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow also

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

Is the Contract examiner a nice marker does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ruby1998

P.O.POLLY wrote: »
    Advice on any extra topic that's short and easy for property? I'm worried I don't have enough

I'm covering:
    finding,
    adverse poss,
    easements,
    succession,
    co ownership and
    family property.

Have the exact same and won't be adding any more at this stage, gonna focus on what I've got and hope for the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 P.O.POLLY

ruby1998 wrote: »
    Have the exact same and won't be adding any more at this stage, gonna focus on what I've got and hope for the best!

Yeah I was happy with that but then read on this thread people had a lot more and panicked!!! Thank you hopefully if we cram those 6 we surely will get 5Qs.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭jjjjjop

TORT

Would some be able to explain the difference between ward and glencar in relation to irish duty of care? i cant understand it at all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22 BookFast

NewFe1 wrote: »
    Is the Contract examiner a nice marker does anyone know?

Dear God I hope so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Diamond_Hands

Anybody always get the feeling of it all coming together literally the day before the exam?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ruby1998

Yeah I was happy with that but then read on this thread people had a lot more and panicked!!! Thank you hopefully if we cram those 6 we surely will get 5Qs.

Yeah like surely we will, hopefully the examiner is on a succession buzz

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭murray132

jjjjjop wrote: »
    TORT

Would some be able to explain the difference between ward and glencar in relation to irish duty of care? i cant understand it at all :(

Ward: McCarthy J rejected the incremental approach, whereas in Glencar Keane CJ accepted the incremental approach and this is the approach which is in place in Ireland and the UK today! Correct me if I am wrong, but this is my understanding ! If it comes up as a D.O.C development essay you start with DvS, ANNS, Caparo, Ward and Glencar to illustrate the developments over the years in relation to D.O.C.
    UCCvESB has recently approved Glencar

murray132 wrote: »
    Ward: McCarthy J rejected the incremental approach, whereas in Glencar Keane CJ accepted the incremental approach and this is the approach which is in place in Ireland and the UK today! Correct me if I am wrong, but this is my understanding ! If it comes up as a D.O.C development essay you start with DvS, ANNS, Caparo, Ward and Glencar to illustrate the developments over the years in relation to D.O.C.
    UCCvESB has recently approved Glencar

Thank you so much!! legit like 5 pages on it in my manual cant understand it at all. What does incremental mean then? like proximity and forseeability are distinct factors in both ward and glencar so where is the big difference? Sorry if this is a stupid q!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭FE1Eire

Would anyone know of any potential reform suggestions for easements? It has appeared at the end of a question on the right to light/way/ support in the 2016 October paper and I can't seem to find anything. The exam report doesn't even suggest any potential talking points which is strange.

If you google the report on reform and moderninsation of land law and conveyancing law LRC 74 - 2005 - SECTION 126 - 133 have a few simple ones to remember and easy to slot in!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭murray132

jjjjjop wrote: »
    Thank you so much!! legit like 5 pages on it in my manual cant understand it at all. What does incremental mean then? like proximity and forseeability are distinct factors in both ward and glencar so where is the big difference? Sorry if this is a stupid q!

Because they’re both public authorities you need to establish straight away if it’s a operational action or a discretionary action to see do they owe a d.o.c in Neg. Incrementalism basically means that the courts can only move forward in their judgment in a step by step manner and can’t take a huge jump from the previous case when establishing a d.o.c! Sorry it’s a hard concept to explain and even more so when my brain is dead at this hour !! I’m sure you might get a video on YouTube which will explain it better than I did!!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

Anybody always get the feeling of it all coming together literally the day before the exam?

wish i could say i felt this way!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭EmmaO94

100%! Hang on in there guys, it's always surprising how much you can pull from the recesses of your brain when you're there in the exam. Best of luck to everyone tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭legallyginger

I'm covering:
    finding,
    adverse poss,
    easements,
    succession,
    co ownership and
    family property.

Doing much the same might learn a brief essay on land registration as it is generally the same. Started landlord tenant but there is too much info there!
    Also did family property

murray132 wrote: »
    Because they’re both public authorities you need to establish straight away if it’s a operational action or a discretionary action to see do they owe a d.o.c in Neg. Incrementalism basically means that the courts can only move forward in their judgment in a step by step manner and can’t take a huge jump from the previous case when establishing a d.o.c! Sorry it’s a hard concept to explain and even more so when my brain is dead at this hour !! I’m sure you might get a video on YouTube which will explain it better than I did!!

Thanks so much - good karma deffo coming your way haah

• Advertisement

Guys whats the take on getting case names wrong like Harrison instead of Harris? If not sure are you better not to chance it? Sorry the cases are all blurring together in my brain

Advertisement