Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Diamond_Hands

What's the deal with material for the exams? Do you just lift up the legislation to show that you're reading it? Do they ask for you to show the insides?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 stav

P.O.POLLY wrote: »
    Yes it's confusing but apparently easements by prescription is what everyone is guessing will come up. Law changing on that area in Nov 2021 so it's topical and similar idea to adverse poss. (People guessed similar topical topics in other exams which didn't come up) but it might be no harm to look at that part of easements in particular

Hi! Also extremely overwhelmed by easements... :( Do you know where we could find information about the law changing? I've been searching for it online and can't find anything substantial.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭FE1s2021

What's the deal with material for the exams? Do you just lift up the legislation to show that you're reading it? Do they ask for you to show the insides?

No you're not asked to show it at all. I've held it up at the start of some exams but other exams I forgot about it and it didn't make a difference.

I wouldn't bother wasting time showing every page though when your not asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭catonafence

stav wrote: »
    Hi! Also extremely overwhelmed by easements... :( Do you know where we could find information about the law changing? I've been searching for it online and can't find anything substantial.

I have pmed you

T2020 wrote: »
    Would anyone happen to have condensed notes on Citizenship for EU?

I also would be enormously grateful if anyone had condensed notes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Katniss1998

Why do I need to class something as a fraudulent v an innocent misrepresentation?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 eLawGirl

Why do I need to class something as a fraudulent v an innocent misrepresentation?

I believe if innocent the remedy is recission but for fraudulent it’s recission + damages

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

fraudulent misrepresentation is made knowingly or without belief in its truth or recklessness as to whether it is true of false
    remedies are rescission and damages

innocent misrepresentation is where a misrepresentation is made by a party who has reasonable grounds for believing the statement to be true and the remedies is recession only

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Paraeagle

PRAYING for nice essay questions in Contract!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭FE1new

Good luck everyone! Hope its a lovely paper for us. Thanks for the help and support. Honestly don't think I would be sitting this paper without it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭RebeccaM90

Is role of executor important for succession could anybody tell me? Two pages in my manual but don't want to learn unnecessarily

not covering it, don't think it's overly necessary according to past examiner reports

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭legallyginger

P.O.POLLY wrote: »
    Yes it's confusing but apparently easements by prescription is what everyone is guessing will come up. Law changing on that area in Nov 2021 so it's topical and similar idea to adverse poss. (People guessed similar topical topics in other exams which didn't come up) but it might be no harm to look at that part of easements in particular

Would anybody have anything on how easements by prescription could be addressed? Do we discuss what the LCLRA says, all my manual has is explaining the abolished forms

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ullaw22

ruby1998 wrote: »
    Can anyone clarify this for me - does the Marriage Act 2015 essentially mean that the protections under the Family Home Protection Act 1976 extend to same-sex couples who are married? - probably a stupid question

Basically yes! Past examiner reports say essay should give equal focus to samesex and traditional married couples however that seems more difficult now with how resolved the law is - my sample answers just say what the law was under the 2010 CP and Cohabs Act.

Would anybody have anything on how easements by prescription could be addressed? Do we discuss what the LCLRA says, all my manual has is explaining the abolished forms

I would start with Prescription act 1832 which was incorporated into Irish law in Prescription Act (Ireland) 1858 then discuss long user and short user periods and discuss how the right to light is absolute in Pre 2009 Act and not in post 2009. Probably mention the case of Square Management v Dunnes Stores Dublin Company where they preserved their right to claim under the pre 2009 legal framework as per section 38(b) of the 2009. It's quite a chunky topic.... wouldn't discuss LCLRA to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭legallyginger

RebeccaM90 wrote: »
    I would start with Prescription act 1832 which was incorporated into Irish law in Prescription Act (Ireland) 1858 then discuss long user and short user periods and discuss how the right to light is absolute in Pre 2009 Act and not in post 2009. Probably mention the case of Square Management v Dunnes Stores Dublin Company where they preserved their right to claim under the pre 2009 legal framework as per section 38(b) of the 2009. It's quite a chunky topic.... wouldn't discuss LCLRA to be honest.

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ruby1998

Just wondering now would LCLRA provisions not be relatively important considering that the post 2009 system will be fully implemented late this year?

ruby1998 wrote: »
    Just wondering now would LCLRA provisions not be relatively important considering that the post 2009 system will be fully implemented late this year?

Personally I don't think they will ask anything post 2009 as it hasn't come into operation and there is no case law to demonstrate its use (I could be wrong though). The provisions are all in the act anyway and are pretty self explanatory, but worthwhile to know what will change i.e. user periods but all is pretty clear from Act. Square Management v Dunnes Stores Dublin Company is best way to show that you know the pre and post situation [2017]

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭fe1fi20

hey guys, what area of mortgages should i focus on for tomorrow's exam?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭caius97

Personally I don't think they will ask anything post 2009 as it hasn't come into operation and there is no case law to demonstrate its use (I could be wrong though). The provisions are all in the act anyway and are pretty self explanatory, but worthwhile to know what will change i.e. user periods but all is pretty clear from Act. Square Management v Dunnes Stores Dublin Company is best way to show that you know the pre and post situation [2017]

This is really helpful - trying to cram Easements and had never heard of this case before lol eek... are there any other relatively recent cases that I could quickly fire into my notes? Thanks !!

Hi,

Quick questions with regards to Better Examinations. Can I move between questions easily and can I, for example, answers question 6 before question 1. Was it straightforward for people?

• Advertisement

caius97 wrote: »
    This is really helpful - trying to cram Easements and had never heard of this case before lol eek... are there any other relatively recent cases that I could quickly fire into my notes? Thanks !!

No problem. Our lecturer just kept saying RE ELLENBOROUGH PARK so make sure you know that and the characteristics required for a valid easement to exist. Also he said make sure you have a case for all of the different types of easement e.g. right to light Allen v Greenwood. Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Mc96

Hi,

Quick questions with regards to Better Examinations. Can I move between questions easily and can I, for example, answers question 6 before question 1. Was it straightforward for people?

Yep you can move between them as much as you like

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Lealaw

Hi,

You can answer in any order you like. It is relatively easy at first to read the questions as the controls are at the top for moving between questions but when you are answering you have to scroll back up to the top which can kill a bit of time especially if the question is long. Just my own experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭L.E.D

What's the procedure for legislative sources? Do we need to show the pages or anything? Dreamt last night that I didn't show the succession act properly so they refused to correct the paper!!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

fe1fi20 wrote: »
    hey guys, what area of mortgages should i focus on for tomorrow's exam?

Personally, I’m just going to chance doing commercial mortgages and hope for the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

Anyone have both Property papers from 2019 handy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 2021law

Hey Guys ,

Do you reckon that our property exam will be similar to the one in March and November 2020? , and what is everyone focusing for easement and AP?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 2021law

Guys do you think we could have a question on sucession to just focus on how a will can be invoke ?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

Contract
    Nice paper but was stuck for time, made a shambles of my questions, off to bed now for a quick power nap, don't know how i can face into study for property now! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

1 essay and 7 problem questions in contract ffs... is it not usually 4 and 4?

Advertisement