Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ais20

Just wondering did anyone not get the exam submitted thing at the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 FE1Nov20

Ais20 wrote: »
    Just wondering did anyone not get the exam submitted thing at the end?

I didn't get that either! Just kept loading but it is appearing under my submitted exams now

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CandyCane_81

NewFe1 wrote: »
    1 essay and 7 problem questions in contract ffs... is it not usually 4 and 4?

I know I nearly died, 7 PQs and a choice of two essays!
    I just hope I pass honestly, some of my answers were very short.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

What came up in contract?

2021law wrote: »
    Hey Guys ,

Do you reckon that our property exam will be similar to the one in March and November 2020? , and what is everyone focusing for easement and AP?

I think an easement essay question and AP problem... I hope it’s like the paper in March with plenty of options! That was a lovely paper!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 FE1Nov20

I messed up question one so bad I was so put off seeing all the problem Q's i genuinely felt like logging out at the beginning. Thank god that's over

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Katniss1998

What did people talk about for question 1? I spent ages talking about consumer protection and then realised that it was a private sale!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Paraeagle

I thought that was horrific. I was prepared for any manner of essay so was completely thrown to see 7 problem questions. Was very close to having a meltdown and throwing in the towel. Hoping for a miracle in terms of marking. Answered 5 but really unsure whether I hit the issues on the head in all 5

• Registered Users Posts: 28 kayleee123

What did people talk about for question 1? I spent ages talking about consumer protection and then realised that it was a private sale!

This was by far my worst, did half on offer and counter offer and half on consumer protection but said Sam has no grounds as Jack isn't a car dealer blah blah

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭AA21

**** I did that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 PostHog

Is property showing up for anyone of BE? It is giving me the celebratory emoji saying that I have no more exams scheduled when I know that is a blatant lie :(

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Mc96

PostHog wrote: »
    Is property showing up for anyone of BE? It is giving me the celebratory emoji saying that I have no more exams scheduled when I know that is a blatant lie :(

Company didn't come up for me until about 6 o clock the night before

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭FE1new

What came up in contract?

Not sure if in order my brain is fried.

Q1 - was a PQ on Offer and Acceptance with an Advertisement and S. 13 and S.14 of goods being merchantable quality.
    Q2 - was PQ on undue influence and a bank as 3rd party
    Q3- was a PQ on frustration of a contract (didn't do)
    Q4- was a PQ on damages and mitigation of loss
    Q5- was a PQ on consideration with a contractor with some economic duress, estoppel and privity
    Q6- was a PQ on misrepresentation, an exclusion clause and s14 sale of goods act.
    Q7 - was a PQ not sure (didn't do)
    Q8 - Essay - EU regulation on Irish contract law or Essay of mistake (didn't do)

It was a marathon, my fingers are falling off

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Law101

Holy **** - 7 pq wtf? What kind of marker is she? Fecked up on common mistake would you believe! Only left 10 minutes to do it and I basically made up the answer. Can pass on 4 good and a made up attempt one do you think. I’m gutted with that paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭murray132

Does anybody know if the EU examiner has changed since 2019 ? Seems like he was a very generous marker going on my friends script!! So just praying it’s the same examiner this time round

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭lawDani

EU

Can anybody summarise briefly the Friends of Environmental case Re article 263 ?

TIA

Law101 wrote: »
    Holy **** - 7 pq wtf? What kind of marker is she? Fecked up on common mistake would you believe! Only left 10 minutes to do it and I basically made up the answer. Can pass on 4 good and a made up attempt one do you think. I’m gutted with that paper.

It was rough alright

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Law101

kayleee123 wrote: »
    This was by far my worst, did half on offer and counter offer and half on consumer protection but said Sam has no grounds as Jack isn't a car dealer blah blah

Omg I didn’t cop with the consumer protection, I used the cases and said he is his own due diligence by test driving it

• Registered Users Posts: 28 kayleee123

Law101 wrote: »
    Omg I didn’t cop with the consumer protection, I used the cases and said he is his own due diligence by test driving it

You could be right I literally had no clue what I was writing, I spent the first 10 minutes crying cuz there was no essay on capacity and it's a bit of a blur after that! :o

I talked about an Advertisement as an invitation to treat, explained it was an ITT not an offer. Paula's was an enquiry not offer either and Jack's response couldn't be an offer and could sell to sam as no O and A.

Sam I talked about how there is no exclusion clause or limitations so S13 and 14 apply. However as its second hand and Sam drove it 14(2) (b) he has no case.

Think that was okay but I'm second guessing myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Paraeagle

FE1new wrote: »
    It was rough alright

Currently gorging on the Easter eggs bought for the nieces and nephews to self-soothe. Christ on a bike that was a tough one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ElMo7

lawDani wrote: »
    EU

Can anybody summarise briefly the Friends of Environmental case Re article 263 ?

TIA

Can I ask what you are you using this case for? Are you inserting it into an answer for Institutions (court of justice)? I have no case law for Institutions and am now freaking out

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ullaw22

Anyone sitting property tomorrow still got no upcoming exams on Better Examinations?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭FE1Eire

For succession and the creation of valid wills, is it important to note the history of the formalities - like the Statue of Wills 1634 and Statute of Frauds 1695 or just jump straight into the succession act?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Lozg

I had planned on doing 4 essays if I could, and one problem question. Was very taken aback by there being so many problem questions, I find they take a lot more time so I was under a lot of time pressure. Think I had four decent answers but my last one was shocking! Hoping my last answer won’t be detrimental

FE1Eire wrote: »
    For succession and the creation of valid wills, is it important to note the history of the formalities - like the Statue of Wills 1634 and Statute of Frauds 1695 or just jump straight into the succession act?

Straight into s77 & s78 of the succession act. It appeared as an essay question last sitting but it comes up a lot

ullaw22 wrote: »
    Anyone sitting property tomorrow still got no upcoming exams on Better Examinations?

Have nothing on mine but wouldn’t worry yet!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭RebeccaM90

FE1Eire wrote: »

I'd just jump straight into section 77 and 78 of 1965 Act

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Lawlz

How did everyone find contract? 7 PQs was a shocker!

Saw a comment about the question with the exclusion clause that there was misrep in it aswel. What was the misrep?! Fear I missed that.

Also did half offer/ acceptance, a touch on SOGA and then did misrep for question 1. Did anyone do misrep for q 1?!

Hope it went well for everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭T.Chunter164

I talked about offer and acceptance, specifically counter offers and invitation to treat. (I also made the same mistake of wasting time discussing consumer protection when it was a private sale :( ) BUT I mentioned some misrepresentation of fact and honestly held misrepresentation so hopefully I won’t get grilled for it

Advertisement