Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 fe12020grad

I haven't even finished my exams yet but I'm already wondering when results will be out. Does any know roughly when they are usually released after the March sitting? Were ye long waiting for them after November?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭FE1new

Lawlz wrote: »
    How did everyone find contract? 7 PQs was a shocker!

Saw a comment about the question with the exclusion clause that there was misrep in it aswel. What was the misrep?! Fear I missed that.

Also did half offer/ acceptance, a touch on SOGA and then did misrep for question 1. Did anyone do misrep for q 1?!

Hope it went well for everyone.

I might be wrong!!! I thought Tom's statement to Sarah that the computers would run the program was a Misrepresentation as thats what induced her to sign the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Lawlz

FE1new wrote: »
    I might be wrong!!! I thought Tom's statement to Sarah that the computers would run the program was a Misrepresentation as thats what induced her to sign the contract.

Omg that’s it! Cheers. Completely missed that! Gutted!

Did you do misrep for q 1 by any chance?! Along with o+a?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭murray132

ElMo7 wrote: »
    Can I ask what you are you using this case for? Are you inserting it into an answer for Institutions (court of justice)? I have no case law for Institutions and am now freaking out

Any answers I’ve seen have no case law for institutions so I wouldn’t be worried

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Law101

I talked about offer and acceptance, specifically counter offers and invitation to treat. (I also made the same mistake of wasting time discussing consumer protection when it was a private sale :( ) BUT I mentioned some misrepresentation of fact and honestly held misrepresentation so hopefully I won’t get grilled for it
    I said o and a, inv to treat and counte offer. The second part I said it could be misrep but that he could try argue only sales puff and due diligence was done with the car test. I forgot about consumer protection

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭murray132

I haven't even finished my exams yet but I'm already wondering when results will be out. Does any know roughly when they are usually released after the March sitting? Were ye long waiting for them after November?

November results were out the 14th of January

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

Exams at the start of March were normally the start /mid May so the fact that exams were end of March this sitting, I would imagine that start of June might be reasonable!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭FE1new

Omg that’s it! Cheers. Completely missed that! Gutted!

Did you do misrep for q 1 by any chance?! Along with o+a?

No I didn't do it there as I said excellent quality for second hand is different then with a new car and Bernstien v Pamson said that driving safely was good enough. I also mention 14(2)(b) that he drove it but I'm second guessing myself.

I know I'm wrong now as its a private sale.....so many PQ!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Law101

Anyone do the question about reasonable notice?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭AA21

Does anyone have a sample answer on registered and unregistered land for property? At this stage seems like the only one i have chance of passing 🀣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

Exams at the start of March were normally the start /mid May so the fact that exams were end of March this sitting, I would imagine that start of June might be reasonable!

In pre-covid it was normally 6 weeks from the last exam which would be mid may but for November results it was around 8 weeks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭RebeccaM90

Anyone got any ideas for reform of adverse possession ? See it was asked ...

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭law987

RebeccaM90 wrote: »
    Anyone got any ideas for reform of adverse possession ? See it was asked ...

- ECHR: JA Pye case, shows our system is at the edge of what's acceptable
    - Constitution: right to own property, without excessive encroachment
    - clarify law: what constitutes active possession, if intentions are relevant
    - unfair on paper title holders, no positive action required of squatters

- LRC Report 2004: squatter must apply for court order, gives owner chance to intervene

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Lawlz

No I didn't do it there as I said excellent quality for second hand is different then with a new car and Bernstien v Pamson said that driving safely was good enough. I also mention 14(2)(b) that he drove it but I'm second guessing myself.

I know I'm wrong now as its a private sale.....so many PQ!!!!!

Ya all the problems questions were hard! Difficult to pick out every topic in every single one of them. I find them especially difficult when they’re online!! Having to scroll up to the q and the small answer box is not ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

How did everyone find contract? 7 PQs was a shocker!

Saw a comment about the question with the exclusion clause that there was misrep in it aswel. What was the misrep?! Fear I missed that.

Also did half offer/ acceptance, a touch on SOGA and then did misrep for question 1. Did anyone do misrep for q 1?!

Hope it went well for everyone.

Yes I only answered Sam's part in Misrepresentation I did consumer question with exclusion clauses in another one

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Lawwww2020

awsah wrote: »
    Yes I only answered Sam's part in Misrepresentation I did consumer question with exclusion clauses in another one

I did it one part on merchantable quality; one part on fitness for purpose - relying on Sam’s assurance and then exemption clause part!

Found that paper super stressful

I said that that showed that he knew the intended purpose and so it would probably be unfair to allow him to contract out of s.14. But I was reading her reports this morning and she said she gives marks where people argue their points with case law so im not too worried if it was misrep!

law987 wrote: »
    - ECHR: JA Pye case, shows our system is at the edge of what's acceptable
    - Constitution: right to own property, without excessive encroachment
    - clarify law: what constitutes active possession, if intentions are relevant
    - unfair on paper title holders, no positive action required of squatters

- LRC Report 2004: squatter must apply for court order, gives owner chance to intervene

That' so helpful thank you! I can see Ireland was brought in as Third party to Pye v United Kingdom case so will mention that also. Thanks again

Lawwww2020 wrote: »
    I did it one part on merchantable quality; one part on fitness for purpose - relying on Sam’s assurance and then exemption clause part!

Found that paper super stressful

That's exactly what I did except I just put fit for purpose and consumer protection jn the one heading

I didnt get time to read over or spell check so I know its a complete disaster and my mistak essay was about 2 paragraphs. It's going to be a miracle to pass!!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭KMPT

Ya all the problems questions were hard! Difficult to pick out every topic in every single one of them. I find them especially difficult when they’re online!! Having to scroll up to the q and the small answer box is not ideal.

I don't mind it being online but not being able to scribble on paper is well missed. The note box isn't the same. Wish they'd let us have one sheet of paper to jot things down. Took me a while to get into the swing of things. Missed my pen and paper :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Lawwww2020

awsah wrote: »
    That's exactly what I did except I just put fit for purpose and consumer protection jn the one heading

I didnt get time to read over or spell check so I know its a complete disaster and my mistak essay was about 2 paragraphs. It's going to be a miracle to pass!!

I didn’t get to check over mine either dw!! Just glad that’s over, seven pqs was a shock!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ruby1998

Question - if an amendment is made to the will before it is executed does it have to be signed and witnessed in the same way as original will?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

ruby1998 wrote: »
    Question - if an amendment is made to the will before it is executed does it have to be signed and witnessed in the same way as original will?

Amendments before the will is executed must be done in accordance with s86. If the section isn’t followed, there’s a presumption that the alterations were made after the execution and therefore ineffective

ruby1998 wrote: »

I'd presume if the will has been drafted and needs to be amended before being witnessed then the rules under both section 78 and section 86 would apply, look at Re Myles deceased (the amendment wasn't signed or attested by the witnesses and as a consequence the amendment was ineffective)

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭lawDani

ElMo7 wrote: »
    Can I ask what you are you using this case for? Are you inserting it into an answer for Institutions (court of justice)? I have no case law for Institutions and am now freaking out

I could be wrong but think this case is from last year regarding locus standi for judicial review

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Diamond_Hands

How does one distinguish between a problem question relating to freedom of services verses freedom of establishment? I'm guessing they're mutually exclusive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Diamond_Hands

Think freedom of services relates more to providing your service in the member state so like a system based in Ireland running in Spain and freedoms of establishment is the ability to set up a business

My notes says that services relate to activity on a temporary basis while establishment relates to activity on a stable and continuous basis

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭jjjjjop

Has anyone here applied for jobs with the legal aid board?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Fe1erere

hey everyone,

i hope study is going well for you all. Would any of you kind souls have property past papers of Spring and Autumn 2020?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Mc96

jjjjjop wrote: »
    Has anyone here applied for jobs with the legal aid board?

I applied for the paralegal positions they have back in 2018 and was on the panel then got offered it but by that stage I had an offer for something else that I went with instead

Advertisement