Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 fe1person

Does anyone have the November Examiner Report for EU?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ElMo7

BBall2015 wrote: »
    My EU manual has 0 cases for Institutions - is this correct?

It's all just about the organisation/structure/powers of each institution and then the democratic deficit aspect - am I right in saying that?

Thank you!

Yep. My notes only have one case for the entire topic. Most of the topic can be pulled from the legislation.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭lawDani

Fe1nov wrote: »
    Im covering
    FMG
    FMW/Citizenship
    DE and MSL
    JR
    Institutions

half know Equality also incase its mixed in a problem Q

Thanks for this. Does art 30 and 34 come up separately in the same exam or would it be either or do ya reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Lawabc

Is anyone preparing an essay for MSL on effectiveness and equivalency?

MSL seems to usually comes up as a PQ with DE, but older papers ask it as an essay.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 FE1Rookies

Are the Griffith College sample answers any good for EU?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

Trying to get my head around this Adverse Possession conundrum

so would I be right in saying that Leigh v Jack stated that the future intended us of the owner could defeat a claim in adverse possession, this was rejected in JA Pye in England but in Ireland in Cork Corporation v Lynch they followed Leigh v Jack but Durack v Considine rejected Leigh and said it was the intention of the squatter that mattered and the future intended use of the owner was not relevant.

If this is a problem question would you conclude then that a SC decision is awaited in Ireland and you can't really advise one way or another what what way the court would rule??

if it's a essay question then you could talk about how the law was reformed in England after JA Pye and now it is 10 years possession and then you need to apply to register and the landowner is notified and has 2 years to take back possession; and how the LRC in 2004 recommended that adverse possession be defined to include that the squatters possession need not be inconsistent with the true owners intention?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

awsah wrote: »

so would I be right in saying that Leigh v Jack stated that the future intended us of the owner could defeat a claim in adverse possession, this was rejected in JA Pye in England but in Ireland in Cork Corporation v Lynch they followed Leigh v Jack but Durack v Considine rejected Leigh and said it was the intention of the squatter that mattered and the future intended use of the owner was not relevant.

If this is a problem question would you conclude then that a SC decision is awaited in Ireland and you can't really advise one way or another what what way the court would rule??

if it's a essay question then you could talk about how the law was reformed in England after JA Pye and now it is 10 years possession and then you need to apply to register and the landowner is notified and has 2 years to take back possession; and how the LRC in 2004 recommended that adverse possession be defined to include that the squatters possession need not be inconsistent with the true owners intention?

Feehan v Leamy approved the interpretation in Durack as did Dunne v Irish Rail. The SC in the Dunne (2016) said it only takes “minimal acts” in relation to the land to defeat a claim to possession by another party! So I would base a problem question on the Dunne decision personally!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭RebeccaM90

My uptake on it is;

Leigh v Jack - if the acts of the non title owner were not inconsistent with the documentary owner's future use for the land then no claim for adverse possession can be successful . Decision was overturned in Buckinghamshire County Council v Moran and then reaffirmed in JA Pye (Oxford) v Graham.

In Cork County Council v Lynch [1995], the Plaintiff relied on the Leigh v Jack Authority and this was accepted.

Durack Manufacturing v Considine [1987] case it was past acts that were considered and it was irrelevant as to whether these acts were inconsistent with the future use.

Would probably say that clarify from Court is required to establish current position. Good points on UK position.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 fe1555

Feel sick about property tomorrow, literally cannot get my head around easements. there's so many subsections within each part of it. God i hate these exams so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 54321zz

fe1555 wrote: »
    Feel sick about property tomorrow, literally cannot get my head around easements. there's so many subsections within each part of it. God i hate these exams so much.

You got this! Even if easements is not your strongest question remember you'll be answering 4 others as well. Property examiner is sound, try not to stress

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭murray132

EU

Am I covered with
    -Institutions
    -Direct Effect/Member state Liability
    -FMOG
    -FMOP
    -Judicial Review

Am I better off doing general principles or competition law or both ?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

Knowing succession well is a great starting point for this exam! Know that and it’ll be a great confidence booster!!!

Has anybody done exams through zoom instead of better examinations ? Just wondering what it was like as that’s how I’m sitting mine

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭RebeccaM90

Think positive and stay focused. A friend of mine did property last November and passed on 4 questions, it's completely do-able. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 feliznavidab

Hi guys,

Does anyone have sample answers for EU? Feeling completely lost!

Thanks

murray132 wrote: »
    Has anybody done exams through zoom instead of better examinations ? Just wondering what it was like as that’s how I’m sitting mine

What do you mean through zoom? Is that an option? Are you tying or writing?

What do you mean through zoom? Is that an option? Are you tying or writing?

Yes I’m hand writing my exam and using zoom instead of B.E

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

Just with regards contract, I felt the exam was a bit of a disgrace tbh. We're in the middle of a global pandemic, you should be making the exam slightly easier, not way harder. Changing from the normal 4 essay/4 problem question format to 1 essay/7 problem question format is a really unfair thing to do.

Even looking at Novembers examiners report, it states "We noted that many candidates were able to write very long and detailed answers given that they could type and had extra time allowances". This suggests that the examiner believes students had some sort of advantage when in reality it's the complete opposite. When I read that examiners report it gave me the impression that the examiner thought those who sat it online in November had an easier time than those who had sat it in person and, as a result, she tried to make this exam much more challenging. Maybe I'm wrong but I felt the contract examiner was out of line with today's exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 fe1time

Hi everyone, I'm not sure if my notes are wrong or I'm wrong but do the new LCLRA provisions for easements only come into force at the end of this year - December 2021 or did they come into force in December 2012?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ullaw22

fe1time wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I'm not sure if my notes are wrong or I'm wrong but do the new LCLRA provisions for easements only come into force at the end of this year - December 2021 or did they come into force in December 2012?

2021!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 ullaw22

Does anyone know what the rules are on studying in the hour and a half before the exam goes live are? Like can I be browsing a folder or do I've to sit there sweating?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Fe123

Are people focuses on articles 101&102 for competition law or including 106 also

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Mc96

ullaw22 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the rules are on studying in the hour and a half before the exam goes live are? Like can I be browsing a folder or do I've to sit there sweating?

Once you're in the lobby, you can study away. You can even leave the room to go to the bathroom, get a cup of tea etc. There's a countdown timer telling you how close the exam is to being available. At one minute to go I put my notes away and get ready.

ullaw22 wrote: »

You can't be on the computer as the software will shut it down the application but you can study notes. If you need to be on your computer to study maybe log in at 9.30 or 9.45

EU
    What are people focusing on for FMOP?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

NewFe1 wrote: »
    Just with regards contract, I felt the exam was a bit of a disgrace tbh. We're in the middle of a global pandemic, you should be making the exam slightly easier, not way harder. Changing from the normal 4 essay/4 problem question format to 1 essay/7 problem question format is a really unfair thing to do.

Even looking at Novembers examiners report, it states "We noted that many candidates were able to write very long and detailed answers given that they could type and had extra time allowances". This suggests that the examiner believes students had some sort of advantage when in reality it's the complete opposite. When I read that examiners report it gave me the impression that the examiner thought those who sat it online in November had an easier time than those who had sat it in person and, as a result, she tried to make this exam much more challenging. Maybe I'm wrong but I felt the contract examiner was out of line with today's exam.

Haha that’s me screwed then if they think we have an easier time haha

• Registered Users Posts: 30 fe1time

@ulaw22

Thank you! I had been going back and forth with the two in my head haha, completely changes how I answer a question now

fe1time wrote: »

So they come into force in 2021 but for a new easment post 2009 the timer starts then, anyone prior to 2009 the timer is still running as once they reach this dec they will have caught up to then12 year rule, otherwise the clock for them would have started at zero. It will be interesting to see if a question arises where the scenario is based in jan 2022 or something like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭catonafence

murray132 wrote: »
    I don’t have experience of Zoom for the Law Society but done my exams with college last month zia Zoom. Very straightforward.
    My only tip would be to do a practice Zoom with a friend, to make sure the minute before your exam is not the time you Zoom has to update ( this has happened to me) and that your security connections are correct for the mic and camera.
    And make sure you are very clear with the exact procedure for scanning and uploading your documents, time allowed to do so etc. Our college advised us this is the process that caused the most problems where people have handwritten submissions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭FE1new

NewFe1 wrote: »

I also hadn't covered EU legislation for consumer protection and mistake so I couldn't even attempt the essays

Also the EU regulations of consumer protection and mistake were the two areas I did not cover so I couldn't do an essay in this paper

It was very off-putting. I find PQ questions tricky and take a long time. Having 7 on the one paper was daunting. The smallest piece of information can change what advice you give people. I'm drained after today and worrying now about how I did.

Advertisement