Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Law101

All 8 questions on the EU paper should just be on competition law for the craic.

hahahahaha I actually won't be surprised!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

How much use is reading through past papers for EU and Tort? Do the examiners tend to rehash the same answers or no? Been dying with a migraine since Friday evening so I’m just looking for anything that I can just try to learn off last minute.

EU can be from past papers alright, complete carbon copies! Happened when I sat EU in August!

Tort is a different story... always different! You might get lucky with a repeated essay question at best! That’s all though!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 lawgrad_

EU Law

Does anyone have sample answers for EU Law that are not Griffith - happy to swap for other materials. Fairly desperate at this stage!

Anyone do the co ownership question in property tell me what direction they went with it???

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ais20

Anyone do the co ownership question in property tell me what direction they went with it???
    I’m nearly sure that co-ownership question has come up a lot from past papers and from reading the examiner reports and what they said I went with discussing it in three parts, said whether it was a joint tenancy or a tenancy in common, the rights and responsibilities of co-owners and then how Gerry could terminate his co-ownership interests !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Law101

lawgrad_ wrote: »
    EU Law

Does anyone have sample answers for EU Law that are not Griffith - happy to swap for other materials. Fairly desperate at this stage!

whats wrong with Griffith? I think they're good for EU,maybe not the other ones though. please tell me I'm not wrong!!!!:(

Ais20 wrote: »
    I’m nearly sure that co-ownership question has come up a lot from past papers and from reading the examiner reports and what they said I went with discussing it in three parts, said whether it was a joint tenancy or a tenancy in common, the rights and responsibilities of co-owners and then how Gerry could terminate his co-ownership interests !

It definitely came up before... just can’t seem to find it in the past papers!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭FE1_2020_

Law101 wrote: »
    whats wrong with Griffith? I think they're good for EU,maybe not the other ones though. please tell me I'm not wrong!!!!:(

They are 100% fine for the EU exam, I solely used them for revision due to being pressed for time and could not look at the manuals for the November exam and passed. Key thing is to cross reference with the reports and focus in on the key cases he has stated and extract them from the sample answers.

Best of luck tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 lawgrad_

I have no idea! I was under the impression that generally Griffith are not the greatest sample answers in the world. Was hoping to see others as a comparison to see what is expected for a passing answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 tippertruck

People seem to have a problem with them as they are altogether too lengthy and oft times have irrelevant info included. Sometimes the answers seem copy and pasted generically from other answers and don’t focus in on the actual issues of the particular question at hand.

That said, they do include a lot of good information at the same time on certain topics as a whole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Wonderstruck

All 8 questions on the EU paper should just be on competition law for the craic.

Love it. What about Competition Law as a 9th exam?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ElMo7

Would you mind sending me the EU Griffith sample answers? I have other materials I can swap

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

I feel physically sick of all this talk of they only mark the very first 5 answers. I typed in one box and decided to delete it but betterexams had it still marked as an answer attempted so I wrote something like "This question is appearing as answered but I have not. I have answered Q1,3,5,6, and 7"

Should that cover me in this instance of only the first 5 marked. I do not want to end up being one of those very unlucky souls who had questions go missing..these are my last FE1s

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

Lallers96 wrote: »
    I feel physically sick of all this talk of they only mark the very first 5 answers. I typed in one box and decided to delete it but betterexams had it still marked as an answer attempted so I wrote something like "This question is appearing as answered but I have not. I have answered Q1,3,5,6, and 7"

Should that cover me in this instance of only the first 5 marked. I do not want to end up being one of those very unlucky souls who had questions go missing..these are my last FE1s

Oh god yeah I would not worry that will definitely cover you I would not worry at all

The debate above was where people had actually fully answered 6 questions !!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CandyCane_81

I wouldn’t worry about that I think it’s more if you answer 6 questions, your best 5 aren’t necessarily what you get back. I hope so anyway, I scribbled down notes for a few Qs that I didn’t delete!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 eLawGirl

I think that happened to loads of people, I was typing down my thoughts for questions I didn't actually answer at all and better examinations was saying the same to me. Your comment makes it clear what happened so you are totally fine I would say. We can worry about it when the results are due and when people get scripts back we can check just in case, I do think its more of an issue where people half attempt a question.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ruby1998

I did joint tenancy v tenancy in common, concluded it would be presumed JT. Then talked about severance and how it would have been severed in equity - unequal purchase price and commercial. Then I did rights of co owners and then termination of co ownership.

Overall said it would’ve been a TIC and so his share would’ve passed to beneficiaries under the will/intestacy!

I’m in such a bad habit of routinely checking this form lol

• Registered Users Posts: 33 fe1555

Definitely no need to worry. Someone sent me their script from equity to look at from November and in questions they hadn't answered they had written down cases/legislation (brain dump if you will) which they obviously didn't go ahead and answer but never removed. They passed with 60 something %. Don't worry the examiners aren't so cruel that they would mark a question that had a few lines on it if it clearly isn't an attempt at an answer

ruby1998 wrote: »
    I did joint tenancy v tenancy in common, concluded it would be presumed JT. Then talked about severance and how it would have been severed in equity - unequal purchase price and commercial. Then I did rights of co owners and then termination of co ownership.

Overall said it would’ve been a TIC and so his share would’ve passed to beneficiaries under the will/intestacy!

I’m in such a bad habit of routinely checking this form lol

I more or less did the same... concluded by saying that it was a joint tenancy at law and TIC in equity (Walsh v O’Reilly) and therefore could pass to his family under a will. I did pre and post LCLRA though because the transaction was 2005... didn’t know when the relationship broke down, it only said “recently”. Didn’t know was recently in reference to today or recently after the transaction in 2005 in the question...

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭StabiloLaw

Has anyone here ever not sat one of the exams they were planning to sit? Didn’t sit one of mine and feeling like a bit of a failure haha
    I put up here Sunday evening that I was considering not sitting Contract, and I didn't in the end.

The general consensus on here was to at least try and I'd never know what might come back to me- which was greatly appreciated and thanks to everyone who were encouraging.

However, at the end of the day I think we all need to listen to ourselves and know when enough is enough.
    I had sat three in a row last week and honestly, had a breakdown on Saturday and Sunday down to pure exhaustion.
    I've already passed 4 and I really should have pushed to do my final one out of 8, but at the end of the day, these exams are such a tiny tiny portion of our lives and it's not worth it if you're going to be on the brink of jumping out a window.

I would encourage everyone to sit the exams as you're more than likely ready, but if you've done the same as me and thought enough is enough, DO NOT feel guilty. There's no shame in knowing that you're at your limit and taking a step back. The world will keep turning and there's always October.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 milktray22

I wouldn’t worry about that I think it’s more if you answer 6 questions, your best 5 aren’t necessarily what you get back. I hope so anyway, I scribbled down notes for a few Qs that I didn’t delete!

Does that mean that better exams delete some of your answers. I answered 5 questions but for a 6th question I wrote two lines of rough notes before deciding not to continue with an attempt. Was stuck for time at end so just said yes and next to get it submitted on time

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

milktray22 wrote: »
    Does that mean that better exams delete some of your answers. I answered 5 questions but for a 6th question I wrote two lines of rough notes before deciding not to continue with an attempt. Was stuck for time at end so just said yes and next to get it submitted on time

No it doesn’t delete your answers

A handful of people it did by mistake or BE accidental sent the examiners the wrong auto save which meant that things they had wrote after hadn’t been sent for grading but they were sent after to be reviewed by the examiner again and by the law school board

• Registered Users Posts: 22 BookFast

StabiloLaw wrote: »
    I put up here Sunday evening that I was considering not sitting Contract, and I didn't in the end.

The general consensus on here was to at least try and I'd never know what might come back to me- which was greatly appreciated and thanks to everyone who were encouraging.

However, at the end of the day I think we all need to listen to ourselves and know when enough is enough.
    I had sat three in a row last week and honestly, had a breakdown on Saturday and Sunday down to pure exhaustion.
    I've already passed 4 and I really should have pushed to do my final one out of 8, but at the end of the day, these exams are such a tiny tiny portion of our lives and it's not worth it if you're going to be on the brink of jumping out a window.

I would encourage everyone to sit the exams as you're more than likely ready, but if you've done the same as me and thought enough is enough, DO NOT feel guilty. There's no shame in knowing that you're at your limit and taking a step back. The world will keep turning and there's always October.

Well done for listening to yourself. I hope you're feeling a little better now and congrats on sitting the rest!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭StabiloLaw

BookFast wrote: »
    Well done for listening to yourself. I hope you're feeling a little better now and congrats on sitting the rest!
    Thank you! Feeling much better and honestly once I made my decision, it was like a serious weight had been lifted.

I think if it's getting too much, it's 100% ok to step back and not feel guilty about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭AA247

I did the same! Bailed on an exam as I felt I’d too little covered and was taking a chance. Just panicked.

Don’t know about the rest of you, but I have to say I cried when I seen what came up. I could have answered a 6th question, albeit at a push.

The regret was worse than the relief!

Learning from my mistake always give it a go because the reality is you only have 40 min per Q so only so much you can write. You don’t need to know everything to a tee.

But here that’s me giving advice I didn’t take ha ha!
    It’s so much easier to bail online I found!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

AA247 wrote: »
    I did the same! Bailed on an exam as I felt I’d too little covered and was taking a chance. Just panicked.

Don’t know about the rest of you, but I have to say I cried when I seen what came up. I could have answered a 6th question, albeit at a push.

The regret was worse than the relief!

Learning from my mistake always give it a go because the reality is you only have 40 min per Q so only so much you can write. You don’t need to know everything to a tee.

But here that’s me giving advice I didn’t take ha ha!
    It’s so much easier to bail online I found!

The only thing that consoled me about not sitting the exam was the fact I couldn’t have even answered 2 questions fully if I had attempted it so I can’t imagine the frustration you must have felt!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Hereforfe1

Seen a few people panicking and just thought I'd mention that in November I answered 6 questions in criminal and got my script back and all 6 were corrected and the best 5 were counted

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

Anyone leaving out rylands v fletcher for tort?

I know what it is and that’s about it! Not going over it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Lealaw

I didn't focus on it but it just seems to be stuck in my head. It is short and relatively straight forward, grand to have in my back pocket but I probably wouldn't go focusing on it as it only came up in Nov.

Advertisement