Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 corbrian1998

Can anyone give me the absolute minimum cases someone needs to know for EU citizenship ? Like the ones to prioritize that I could get by with

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Iso_123

For judicial review did everyone just focus on standing? or did people also do what can be reviewed and grounds for review?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 keelfe1s

Anyone leaving out rylands v fletcher for tort?

Ya I’m leaving it out!!

Just focusing on nuisance.

I have so far damages, defences, trespass to P/L, defamation, passing off, occupiers liability, defective products, nervous shock, economic loss/negligent misstatement, concurrent wrong doers, res ispa loq, duty of c, causation and nuisance! Praying it’s enough!

Now I mean I still have to go over half of that! I’m hope I still remember stuff from 4 weeks ago when I was properly studying it!

Not doing VL AND PROFESSIONAL Neg and kinda regretting it now but too late for me!!

Iso_123 wrote: »
    For judicial review did everyone just focus on standing? or did people also do what can be reviewed and grounds for review?

I just did standing and changes by the Lisbon treaty

I just did standing and changes by the Lisbon treaty

OK grand same!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

keelfe1s wrote: »
    Ya I’m leaving it out!!

Just focusing on nuisance.

I have so far damages, defences, trespass to P/L, defamation, passing off, occupiers liability, defective products, nervous shock, economic loss/negligent misstatement, concurrent wrong doers, res ispa loq, duty of c, causation and nuisance! Praying it’s enough!

Now I mean I still have to go over half of that! I’m hope I still remember stuff from 4 weeks ago when I was properly studying it!

Not doing VL AND PROFESSIONAL Neg and kinda regretting it now but too late for me!!

I’ve more or less that but I’m doing professional neg instead of product liability. Going to be a long 27 or so hours! Sigh!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭murray132

I did grounds for review with standing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Fe123

Have people focused more on art 34 & 36 than 30 & 110 for FMOG

Fe123 wrote: »
    Have people focused more on art 34 & 36 than 30 & 110 for FMOG

I did both but defo have more cases and material for 34/36. I think that there just is more material generally for 34/36 though

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mydogwentroof

Lealaw wrote: »
    I didn't focus on it but it just seems to be stuck in my head. It is short and relatively straight forward, grand to have in my back pocket but I probably wouldn't go focusing on it as it only came up in Nov.

I'm studying the general topics & preparing an essay on potential future reform. To be fair I'm only doing it as a backup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Costello95

I did both but defo have more cases and material for 34/36. I think that there just is more material generally for 34/36 though

For Art 30 and 110 I have Denkavit and Co-Frutta, any other major cases you think I need?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 FE1Rookies

Would I be silly to leave free movement of workers and citizenship out. I just cant understand it and now under pressure for time!!

Costello95 wrote: »
    For Art 30 and 110 I have Denkavit and Co-Frutta, any other major cases you think I need?

yeah defo add commission v Italy (statistical levy case) - defines a charge having equivalent effect to a customs duty for art 30

would also include Bauhuis v Netherlands about the vet inspection

and then another handy one is john walker & sons for similar goods re art 110(1) - it lists some factors court will consider when assessing whether goods are similar for purpose of discriminatory tax and 110(1)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭FE1Eire

Anyone else drowning in EU? It's gonna be a long night :(

yeah defo add commission v Italy (statistical levy case) - defines a charge having equivalent effect to a customs duty for art 30

would also include Bauhuis v Netherlands about the vet inspection

and then another handy one is john walker & sons for similar goods re art 110(1) - it lists some factors court will consider when assessing whether goods are similar for purpose of discriminatory tax and 110(1)

Thanks so much! Best of luck in the exam

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭SamWFE1

Hey guys just wondering do you think it would be foolish to just use the city colleges manuals to study from, or should I make my own notes out of them? I feel like making notes takes up a lot of time I could be using to actually study the material so it's counter productive. Are the manuals too long and too detailed to learn from? Any advice appreciated.

SamWFE1 wrote: »
    Hey guys just wondering do you think it would be foolish to just use the city colleges manuals to study from, or should I make my own notes out of them? I feel like making notes takes up a lot of time I could be using to actually study the material so it's counter productive. Are the manuals too long and too detailed to learn from? Any advice appreciated.

I find any manual too long and too detailed for what needs to go down on the answer! I read through a chapter and then the second time around, I write out what I think are the important aspects. Writing helps me remember!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 tippertruck

Costello95 wrote: »

Would probably use SIOT or Bresciani as well for Art 30 if you are talking about services rendered. For EU health inspections then there is Commission v Germany.

Regarding 110 you could use Humblot, Commission v UK (Beer/wine case) and Commission v Greece (motor cylinder size)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭EmmaO94

Tort

Any predictions you guys? I know Defamation is due up, but anything else you'd possibly put your money on, having studied the grid etc? Trying to narrow down.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭AA247

The only thing that consoled me about not sitting the exam was the fact I couldn’t have even answered 2 questions fully if I had attempted it so I can’t imagine the frustration you must have felt!!

That was what I was hoping for ha ha!

They are very intense like sometimes you just need to call it off for one! No biggie, always October!

• Advertisement

Would probably use SIOT or Bresciani as well for Art 30 if you are talking about services rendered. For EU health inspections then there is Commission v Germany.

Regarding 110 you could use Humblot, Commission v UK (Beer/wine case) and Commission v Greece (motor cylinder size)

Thank you I actually have these in my notes just need to learn them now, long night ahead! Best of luck in the exam

• Registered Users Posts: 28 BBall2015

EU tomorrow and I'm just starting to learn my notes on FMOG, FMOW & EU Citizenship... I hope I haven't left it too late to cram all this in!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 cailinbeag00

I neglected Tort up to this and dedicated all my time to my other subjected bad move I know. The list I had hoped to cover is:

DOC/SOC/Causation
    Res ipsa loquitur
    Professional negligence
    Employers liability
    Vicarious Liability
    Product liability
    Passing off
    Occupiers liability
    Trespass to persons
    Trespass to land
    Defamation
    Damages
    Limitations.

I was ambitious making that list clearly. Anyway I haven’t a hope of learning and retaining all of the above at this stage so if I were to start cutting topics where would people recommend would be safe to do so?

EmmaO94 wrote: »
    Tort

Any predictions you guys? I know Defamation is due up, but anything else you'd possibly put your money on, having studied the grid etc? Trying to narrow down.

I’d be hoping damages is due a run, the essay that has come up on past papers. Other than that, I think it’s very unpredictable. I think trespass to the person might come up and nuisance! God only knows though!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 keelfe1s

I neglected Tort up to this and dedicated all my time to my other subjected bad move I know. The list I had hoped to cover is:

DOC/SOC/Causation
    Res ipsa loquitur
    Professional negligence
    Employers liability
    Vicarious Liability
    Product liability
    Passing off
    Occupiers liability
    Trespass to persons
    Trespass to land
    Defamation
    Damages
    Limitations.

I was ambitious making that list clearly. Anyway I haven’t a hope of learning and retaining all of the above at this stage so if I were to start cutting topics where would people recommend would be safe to do so?

It’s so hard to know but Professional Neg, VL, Causation, OL, Product liability came up last sitting. Not to say they won’t show again.

I had hoped to do limitations but don’t have time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Fe123

Even though I’ve revised over my topics for EU the last 2 days I can’t seem to remember them I think I’m burnt out. Please tell me I’m not the only one :(

FE1Rookies wrote: »
    Would I be silly to leave free movement of workers and citizenship out. I just cant understand it and now under pressure for time!!

What other topics are you doing ?

Even though I’ve revised over my topics for EU the last 2 days I can’t seem to remember them I think I’m burnt out. Please tell me I’m not the only one :(

I’m the exact same but it comes back to you so much more than you think it will in the exam !

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

DOC/SOC/Causation
    Res ipsa loquitur
    Professional negligence
    Employers liability
    Vicarious Liability
    Product liability
    Passing off
    Occupiers liability
    Trespass to persons
    Trespass to land
    Defamation
    Damages
    Limitations.

I’ve cut limitations!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 54321zz

I'm the same, kept thinking this was an "easy" exam but there's actually so much in each topic I think

Advertisement