Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 eLawGirl

Fe123 wrote: »
    Even though I’ve revised over my topics for EU the last 2 days I can’t seem to remember them I think I’m burnt out. Please tell me I’m not the only one :(

So much information to remember, hopefully having the treaty book will help us during the exam
    I'm trying to make sure I know where to find the correct provisions for each topic and I can't remember why I've highlighted certain articles haha not able

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭LeagleEagle747

Deep breaths everyone we're all nearly at the end just push that last bit. This time the day after tomorrow we'll all be laughing

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭murray132

I wonder will freedom of establishment come up as it hasn’t been up since March 18 :/ and Services didn’t come up at all in 2020!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 cailinbeag00

keelfe1s wrote: »
    It’s so hard to know but Professional Neg, VL, Causation, OL, Product liability came up last sitting. Not to say they won’t show again.

I had hoped to do limitations but don’t have time!

Ok I had a look at the City NBN video and I’m taking a chance and cutting Professional Negligence, Passing off and limitations and I think I could probably get away with bullet points for Damages. The list already feels more achievable.

Ok I had a look at the City NBN video and I’m taking a chance and cutting Professional Negligence, Passing off and limitations and I think I could probably get away with bullet points for Damages. The list already feels more achievable.

That wasn’t an updated video for March 2021 just an FYI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 FE1Rookies

What other topics are you doing ?

Institutions, General Principles, Direct Effect, Judicial Review, Preliminary Reference, FMOG, FMOC, Anti discrimination/Equality and s101 in competition law

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Katniss1998

Fe123 wrote: »
    Even though I’ve revised over my topics for EU the last 2 days I can’t seem to remember them I think I’m burnt out. Please tell me I’m not the only one :(

You are not the only one I had contract and property so am running on fumes. Am completely burnt out and nothing is going in. I am going to bed now and going to sleep until six and hope I can cram something into my head. The funniest thing is that EU was the exam I was least worried about but now I just don’t have the energy to even care.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 corbrian1998

You are not the only one I had contract and property so am running on fumes. Am completely burnt out and nothing is going in. I am going to bed now and going to sleep until six and hope I can cram something into my head. The funniest thing is that EU was the exam I was least worried about but now I just don’t have the energy to even care.

I plan on getting up at 4 wish me luck

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Sunflowers8

When do the Autumn sittings usually take place?

Usually the first two weeks of October, but things have been messed up lately.

Do people think the next sitting will be online?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

SamWFE1 wrote: »
    Hey guys just wondering do you think it would be foolish to just use the city colleges manuals to study from, or should I make my own notes out of them? I feel like making notes takes up a lot of time I could be using to actually study the material so it's counter productive. Are the manuals too long and too detailed to learn from? Any advice appreciated.

I’ve passed 6 out of my 8 sat so far (sat two this sitting) I exclusively used the manuals read a few articles here and there but nothing major ) I never made my own notes because that’s just not what works for me in studying

That said I would highlight and focus on the main bits to drown out some of the rest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭FE1Eire

FE1Rookies wrote: »
    Institutions, General Principles, Direct Effect, Judicial Review, Preliminary Reference, FMOG, FMOC, Anti discrimination/Equality and s101 in competition law

Doesn't MS liability always come up with direct and indirect effect or am I thinking of something else? So confused at this stage :eek:

FE1Eire wrote: »
    Doesn't MS liability always come up with direct and indirect effect or am I thinking of something else? So confused at this stage :eek:

Yes it does

• Registered Users Posts: 17 feliznavidab

Hi guys,

Does anyone know how long the case note answers have to be?

Just thinking in case things go really badly tomorrow and three cases I know reasonably well come up!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 FE1Rookies

No sorry you're right Im just dying a slow death tonight and forgot!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 cailinbeag00

murray132 wrote: »
    That wasn’t an updated video for March 2021 just an FYI

Wonderful. Back to the drawing board......

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Creol1

Usually the first two weeks of October, but things have been messed up lately.

Do people think the next sitting will be online?

I'd say they'll probably be back to normal if the vaccinations go to plan but that's a big "if".

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

Hi guys,

Does anyone know how long the case note answers have to be?

Just thinking in case things go really badly tomorrow and three cases I know reasonably well come up!

Not long. If a written exam, I would say an A4 page per case.

A paragraph summarising the details of the case, then the stages it went through before it reached European courts (if applicable), the issue at stake and the verdict.

Then the implications of the decision and any legislation that followed (again, if applicable)

Finally, any other similar cases that are linked. The exam reports in recent years contain some instruction on what the examiner wants to see.

(I expect to see Humblot and his German car come up this time, I think it’s due)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 shaneob96

Would anyone have any equity scripts and answers or any materials at all they wouldnt mind sharing thank you very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Iso_123

When everyone logs in to the waiting room and studies before the exam - in the last minute or two before the exam starts do you put your notes outside the room or where does everyone put them?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 eLawGirl

Iso_123 wrote: »
    When everyone logs in to the waiting room and studies before the exam - in the last minute or two before the exam starts do you put your notes outside the room or where does everyone put them?

Personally I put them behind me to make it obvious they’re not in my view, paranoid if I put them downstairs or in another room and end up going to the bathroom a few times they’ll say something. Even tho I don’t think anyone had trouble with that during the last sitting so whatever suits you I would think, what can we do when we weren’t given proper instruction you know

• Advertisement

Pre-exam paranoia haha but just making 100% sure we can bring and use the blackstones book with us for the exam?

eLawGirl wrote: »
    Personally I put them behind me to make it obvious they’re not in my view, paranoid if I put them downstairs or in another room and end up going to the bathroom a few times they’ll say something. Even tho I don’t think anyone had trouble with that during the last sitting so whatever suits you I would think, what can we do when we weren’t given proper instruction you know

Yeah this is literally what I was thinking because for my other exam I just put them outside the room a couple of minutes before the exam but i ended up going to the bathroom once so now im super paranoid about that :( ! gona leave them at the back of the room this time I think for that reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 54321zz

Pre-exam paranoia haha but just making 100% sure we can bring and use the blackstones book with us for the exam?

Yes definitely! Would be lost without it hahaha

Yeah this is literally what I was thinking because for my other exam I just put them outside the room a couple of minutes before the exam but i ended up going to the bathroom once so now im super paranoid about that :( ! gona leave them at the back of the room this time I think for that reason.

I had my notes in a different room the last round for 3 exams and went to the loo in all of them and nothing was said to me! I wouldn’t stress too much!

I had my notes in a different room the last round for 3 exams and went to the loo in all of them and nothing was said to me! I wouldn’t stress too much!

And had you logged in to the exam lobby when you put your notes away in the other room? I mean did you only put them away a few minutes before the exam so the camera seen you doing it? This is the only reason im so anxious about it! Thanks so much for this though I feel better that other people did this. My paranoia is unmatched hahah

And had you logged in to the exam lobby when you put your notes away in the other room? I mean did you only put them away a few minutes before the exam so the camera seen you doing it? This is the only reason im so anxious about it! Thanks so much for this though I feel better that other people did this. My paranoia is unmatched hahah

I studied with printed notes at a desk different to the one I sit the exam at, so I set up the lobby and went back to my notes in the other room before the exam and when it was 5 to went to the desk where I was doing the exam! They didn’t see my notes at any stage and I was still fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 fe1555

Has anyone used their hotspot from their phones for better examinations on the laptop? Wifi is acting up in my house

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Lealaw

fe1555 wrote: »
    Has anyone used their hotspot from their phones for better examinations on the laptop? Wifi is acting up in my house

I have had to as I had no WiFi. But moved into a new place since my last exam last week so tomorrow will be my first time putting it to the test with better examinations. Fingers crossed

If your phone signal is strong you should be grand. Best of luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

fe1555 wrote: »

Yes! My wifi dropped about 4 times in November and it was perfect using my iPhone hotspot last week ðŸ‘

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Paraeagle

shaneob96 wrote: »
    Would anyone have any equity scripts and answers or any materials at all they wouldnt mind sharing thank you very much!

Message me your email. I did up loads of essay and note answers if you want them :)

Advertisement