Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭FE1new

I have finally shaken off the haze from the exams I sat and I have just realised that with the way everything fell (had to change exams when the timetable changed in both October 2020 and March 2021 as I could not get dates off work) I left Equity, Tort and Constitutional for the end....what have I done. October will kill me hahahaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

God tort is so content heavy

I know! I’m going to need a bit of luck I think! I’d imagine most people will! Hope it doesn’t turn out like contract with 7 problem questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭murray132

The problem questions today were so long do much reading in them, by the time I’d got to the end I had forgotten what it said at the start :( so much irrelevant information, especially when you’re stuck for time

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭EmmaO94

I know! I’m going to need a bit of luck I think! I’d imagine most people will! Hope it doesn’t turn out like contract with 7 problem questions!

I'm v worried about this too :(

EmmaO94 wrote: »
    I'm v worried about this too :(

What is the Tort examiner like in general ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 fe1555

Is the tort exam up on BE for anyone? For my last two exams I feel like it was up by this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Mc96

fe1555 wrote: »
    Is the tort exam up on BE for anyone? For my last two exams I feel like it was up by this stage

Not up for me yet either, I hope it goes up soon otherwise I'll be overthinking it haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Niamh_G

Anyone able to give an insight into how you would identify whether they are asking trespass, nuisance or R+F from prob question ? Seems to overlap so it would be hard to differentiate which exactly they are asking

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Lealaw

fe1555 wrote: »

Just checked mine is up now - wasn't earlier. Also my previous exams have gone red... feel like it is saying I was absent or something :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭EmmaO94

Lealaw wrote: »
    Just checked mine is up now - wasn't earlier. Also my previous exams have gone red... feel like it is saying I was absent or something :confused:

Yep just appeared for me there now too, thanks!

The exam I sat last week is green though not red... hopefully it's nothing?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭FE1Eire

EmmaO94 wrote: »
    Yep just appeared for me there now too, thanks!

The exam I sat last week is green though not red... hopefully it's nothing?!
    One of mine is green and todays one is red? God that has me worried now!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭LeagleEagle747

Tomorrow will be my 5th exam of this sitting, already have to resit Property and Equity from Nov 2020 in October, hoping not to add any more, but I'm at the stage of being too tired to care. Tort is not endearing itself to me

• Registered Users Posts: 22 BookFast

Tort Question

When advising re actions taken by children under someone's supervision in a problem question, would you go down the DOC route or vicarious liability?

Our examiner said DOC but I'm confusing myself now thinking about Moynihan v Moynihan?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 54321zz

BookFast wrote: »
    Tort Question

When advising re actions taken by children under someone's supervision in a problem question, would you go down the DOC route or vicarious liability?

Our examiner said DOC but I'm confusing myself now thinking about Moynihan v Moynihan?

For DOC, there's a case Home Office v Dorset Yacht- juvenile delinquents under care, home office had assumed responsibility for them. I haven't covered vicarious liability though so I can't speak to that

Tort Question

Here is a sample answer from March 2018 it’s DOC

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

Tort Question

I would think DOC! Moynihan is the only case I have in VL that is not focused on an employment type situation so I think I’d have more to back up my point with a DOC argument!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 BookFast

Thanks everyone! Think I have my head around it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

What do you mean by gone red ?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

FE1Eire wrote: »
    One of mine is green and todays one is red? God that has me worried now!

By one for contract is red in the calendar but it was red before I sat it they have different colors

What do you mean by gone red ?

It is now red, like bright red in the calendar but under previous exams it states "awaiting feedback". I might contact them tomorrow after Tort. It hasn't happened before and I wouldn't want there to be an issue down the line.

• Advertisement

What are people covering for Tort? I feel lost !

By one for contract is red in the calendar but it was red before I sat it they have different colors

That is reassuring thanks! Mine were green and when the new exam appeared it went red. Ah well not worth stressing over.

Thanks for letting me know:)

murray132 wrote: »
    What are people covering for Tort? I feel lost !

I’m taking a chance and leaving out professional negligence, rylands and limitation of actions - may well come back to bite me but I just don’t have time!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

It is now red, like bright red in the calendar but under previous exams it states "awaiting feedback". I might contact them tomorrow after Tort. It hasn't happened before and I wouldn't want there to be an issue down the line.

My property one is red now but my company one for last week is green!!! Don’t know what it means!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 FE12020Law

Do we just need to have our proof of ID tomorrow? Do we need the letter from the Law Society with our number on it ? I can't even remember getting one from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Fe10000

FE12020Law wrote: »
    Do we just need to have our proof of ID tomorrow? Do we need the letter from the Law Society with our number on it ? I can't even remember getting one from them.

No need for a letter, just your ID!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 cailinbeag00

I feel like I’ll be logging in, accepting defeat and logging out again. Presumably we can end the exam at any time rather than sitting in front of the camera crying for three and a half hours.

I feel like I’ll be logging in, accepting defeat and logging out again. Presumably we can end the exam at any time rather than sitting in front of the camera crying for three and a half hours.

Yes I left one exam after 5 mins realising I had no hope in answering even 2 of the questions! Better off logging on anyway and then you can always log off if the q’s are horrific!

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

Niamh_G wrote: »
    Anyone able to give an insight into how you would identify whether they are asking trespass, nuisance or R+F from prob question ? Seems to overlap so it would be hard to differentiate which exactly they are asking

I sat tort in nov but from what I can remember is r+f your looking for something moving from one person's land to the other and then causing some damage, like factory waste onto a farm or a boulder from a quarry rolling down a hill and knocking a house (im making stuff up) nuisance is interfering with the use and enjoyment of someone's land,I know one past paper someone throwing cigarette butt's onto a balcony was a nuisance, and then that merry go round case where they both were playing excessive noise. Trespass to land is what it is, trespass to the person is the civil version of assault, didn't look at trespass so can't remember what tress pass to chattels is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

keelfe1s wrote: »
    Didn’t think a qualified Solicitor would even have time to look at an FE1 exam thread or bother for that matter!!

I tutor so I do have time and do bother. And its of interest to me. Small bit of grace and cop on needed I'd suggest.

Advertisement