Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 rebuke

Seriously? Candidates sitting online get an additional 30 minutes over the in person exams? How can this be justified?
    Just do it online then?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 2021FE1student

Hi guys - failed Equity by 5% - is it worth my time getting it rechecked? Has anyone had an exam rechecked and they ended up passing!

Raging because Cons and Equity were last two exams!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Bantz_Control

rebuke wrote: »
    Just do it online then?

Not everyone has the stable Internet connection and quiet housing arrangements required to do exams online. Giving those doing online exams extra structural advantages is demonstrably unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

Hi guys - failed Equity by 5% - is it worth my time getting it rechecked? Has anyone had an exam rechecked and they ended up passing!

Raging because Cons and Equity were last two exams!

I got 46% in property and I am having it rechecked, anything to not have to re sit - I think if it is your last exam its worth a try, people on here came up 20% in some instances after november recheck

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

Not everyone has the stable Internet connection and quiet housing arrangements required to do exams online. Giving those doing online exams extra structural advantages is demonstrably unfair.

it's maybe a conversation for another day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭EmmaO94

Well that's all 8 for me now! Thrilled to have got 61 in Constitutional & 57 in Tort - had absolutely psyched myself out for these last two but it just shows you. I genuinely mean this - if I can do it, you can do it. This thread has been such a valuable resource for me for the last year and a half, thank you to everyone for the laughs and for creating a sense of community. I'd like to say I won't be on again, but muscle memory might take over come October. Please anyone feel free to reach out to me if you need anything.

Thanks guys. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

I have passed my last two thank god

100% thought I failed both and got 65 in contract so happy

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Lealaw

awsah wrote: »

100% agree, not sure today is a day for conflict.

Hope you are all happy, for those not keep going. You will come back stronger from this!

I got 46% in property and I am having it rechecked, anything to not have to re sit - I think if it is your last exam its worth a try, people on here came up 20% in some instances after november recheck

Aw stop literally wanted to never sit these exams again. Think i might and request a copy of script. So disappointed! Can't believe they would do someone by failing them 4%-5%

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭DonVito

God this is brutal. An hour later and the page still won't load.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mydogwentroof

I'm so frustrated. The wait is bad enough without sitting here waiting for a web page to load!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Jdharte

For those of you who have gotten your results could you please makes sure you log out so it might load for others

• Registered Users Posts: 43 DavidX90

Finally have the FE-1s over with!!! A beautiful ending to a lengthy struggle.

I hope everyone else is happy today and if not, try again and you will definitely get there.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭murray132

Just go in and my first set passed, absolutely delighted. Can’t thank everybody on here enough for all the support and encouragement!! See ye again for October exams

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

Got in at last. 8 passed first time. Having none of my friends doing them was rather daunting but this forum has been absolutely amazing. Genuinely thank you so much to those who post on here, it helps more than you would know. Best of luck to everyone that has some left, you will get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mydogwentroof

I just got in - Passed the 3 I did.

Results:

Company - 61
    Constitutional - 59
    Tort - 58

So, as I depart this thread forever, I'd like to say thanks to everyone who has contributed to it. This is a great resource for students, especially considering how isolated we can all feel when sitting these extremely difficult exams.

It took me three sittings which I spaced out over two long and hard years. If you have failed this time around DO NOT GIVE UP. Come back better the next time and your determination will pay dividends.

So happy to be FE-Done haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ruby1998

Thank you to everyone on here, I would have been lost without this thread. Best place to go for any little question or even just a bit of motivation and support. If anyone needs anything at all FE-1 related just message me and I'd be happy to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭WesternC123

I've just passed my last exam and wow what a relief. If anyone wants any notes/papers please feel free to message me and I'll happily send it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Lozg

Finally got in and thankfully I have passed my last 4, absolutely thrilled. This feeling is definitely worth the hard slog to get here!

Has anyone been hit with an error page accessing results. This is really irritating after 90 minutes. Ive emailed webmaster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Al1501

Jdharte wrote: »
    Has anyone been hit with an error page accessing results. This is really irritating after 90 minutes. Ive emailed webmaster

My page is refusing to load completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Law101

Yeah still can’t get in

Is there a bit of a confirmation bias here or has everyone seemingly done very well this sitting? Maybe the examiners were having a nice day.

Email i got back from law society:

Thank you for your email.

We are sorry that you are experiencing issues - while we have done work to improve capacity on our servers, the volume of candidates trying to log on at one time is causing the site to run much slower than normal. If you can please check back at a later time.

If there are any technical issues, we will notify you when they have been resolved.

Kind Regards,

Chloe

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fe1ki5

Still can't get on... over 1 hour and 40 minutes after my friend received her results, the wait is horrible!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Costello95

Still no results either. How the law society call themselves a professional body is beyond me. They knew exactly how many people would be logging in for results this morning and still couldn’t get it right. Doing the FE1s is hard but dealing with the law society makes it 100 times harder. So incompetent.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 FE12020Law

Still can't get on after trying for over an hour. This happens literally every time there are results released without fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭lawDani

Is there a bit of a confirmation bias here or has everyone seemingly done very well this sitting? Maybe the examiners were having a nice day.

im not happy - i got 44 in equity and 47 in EU.. :(
    i will recheck EU but not so sure of obtaining 6 marks in Equity but sure look....

Hi guys, back again about rechecks.

Does anyone know how long it takes? Not expecting a couple of days, but also would be raging if it takes like 3 months.

Any success stories about getting exams rechecked would be great, really need to give myself I pick me up lol

• Advertisement

lawDani wrote: »
    im not happy - i got 44 in equity and 47 in EU.. :(
    i will recheck EU but not so sure of obtaining 6 marks in Equity but sure look....

You should definitely re check EU law at the least! The examiner can be really nice with marking the paper so it's definitely worth a go.

Advertisement