Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 2021FE1student

lawDani wrote: »
    im not happy - i got 44 in equity and 47 in EU.. :(
    i will recheck EU but not so sure of obtaining 6 marks in Equity but sure look....

Definitely try get both rechecked, talking to a few of my friends here and a heap of people got equity rechecked for November and majority ended up passing.

They forgot to correct one of my friends answers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Chickennugget1

Hi guys, back again about rechecks.

Does anyone know how long it takes? Not expecting a couple of days, but also would be raging if it takes like 3 months.

Any success stories about getting exams rechecked would be great, really need to give myself I pick me up lol

I got 47 in constitutional in November, got it rechecked and brought me up to 50. It’s definitely worth getting them rechecked. I know paying the money will put you off but it’s worth it for peace of mind and potentially getting that pass. I got equity rechecked twice in the past (45 & 46) with no change so it may depend on the subject - but I finally passed Equity this time so don’t lose hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 2021FE1student

I got 47 in constitutional in November, got it rechecked and brought me up to 50. It’s definitely worth getting them rechecked. I know paying the money will put you off but it’s worth it for peace of mind and potentially getting that pass. I got equity rechecked twice in the past (45 & 46) with no change so it may depend on the subject - but I finally passed Equity this time so don’t lose hope!

That’s good to hear, brilliant you passed it well done!! Just such a bummer but sure, onwards and upwards (more cramming)

Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭nicolesd

anyone else still not get their result? waiting on my final result!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 tippertruck

Doesn’t look like I’ll get in anytime soon to check my results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭FE1new

I couldn't and still can't get in on my laptop. I did get in on my phone by clicking the link that was sent to use. That let me put in log in details and it spooled for 5mins. Its still connection timed out on the browsers for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Jdharte

Finally got in . Got 43 for company my final exam. 2nd time doing it. Should i recheck it and is there anyway you get feedback on where you went wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tommyq94

Jdharte wrote: »
    Finally got in . Got 43 for company my final exam. 2nd time doing it. Should i recheck it and is there anyway you get feedback on where you went wrong?

Definitely get it rechecked, I was brought up 12% to pass in Company last year!

It seems to be the one to get rechecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Jdharte

Thanks. Is it a different examiner who does the rechecks?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bozzer198

for anyone that failed company id definitely chance a recheck, i went up 17 marks last round and i couldnt understand how i failed it at the time but on the recheck i got brought up to 53

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 FE12020Law

I am so sick of dealing with this Law Society, every single time without fail there is issues logging in to see results. Why do they even announce they are releasing them at a certain time if its just going to overload the servers?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭irishmisile

Does anything in Ireland actually work?! Still no access after 2.5 hours trying. Sick to death of our lazy as, overpaid civil servants literally doing below the bare minimum in every single regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Al1501

To anyone who is disappointed today, please don't give up. It's a long hard road, but it will be worth it in the end. These are really tough exams, and even the most dedicated students can be unlucky and get a paper that just doesn't suit. For me, going from doing really well at college to just scraping by with the FE-1s was really hard to stomach. But these aren't like college exams, and failing them isn't a mark against you. If you're considering a recheck, I was brought up from a 37 to a 52 in company last year, so even if you have a lot to come up by, it may be worth taking the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cillbill94

Why can't they email us our results if the website is not fit for purpose? They emailed us all individually our law society ID number, so why not the results themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭KMPT

Is there a bit of a confirmation bias here or has everyone seemingly done very well this sitting? Maybe the examiners were having a nice day.

Lol. I failed miserably so it's not exactly something to celebrate. If I'd passed at least one then I'd have something to post :)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Lovestolisten

Still can’t get in either, the usual shenanigans with this crowd!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Lovestolisten

Does anything in Ireland actually work?! Still no access after 2.5 hours trying. Sick to death of our lazy as, overpaid civil servants literally doing below the bare minimum in every single regard.

FYI .. Law Society isn’t ran by civil service
    It’s a private body

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cillbill94

How much of a fee do the law society charge their 12,000 or so members? Surely they have enough money to upgrade their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

I know there was a bit of success with company rechecks last sitting but does anyone have any experience with tort and/or property rechecks?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 FE1student2021

I got 27 in property and I don’t know where I went wrong. In previous sittings I just missed at 44 and 47 and re check didn’t bring me up. I’m going to chance a re check again this time!
    I know there was a bit of success with company rechecks last sitting but does anyone have any experience with tort and/or property rechecks?

• Advertisement

I got Equity (43) rechecked and no change and a friend of mine had her Property (47) rechecked but no change either.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

Is there a bit of a confirmation bias here or has everyone seemingly done very well this sitting? Maybe the examiners were having a nice day.

I mean I passed all of mine but wasn’t getting in the 70s or anything haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Oisin_FE12021

I got 46, 45 and 43. I took 2 weeks off work to revise. I thought the exams went fine, except each paper I had one lousy answer. I don’t know whether to just call it a day and try qualifying in the U.K. or to give it another go… wouldn’t wish these exams on my worst enemy lol

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭irishmisile

FYI .. Law Society isn’t ran by civil service
    It’s a private body

I know it’s privately funded by regulated by a public body, our fees pay for it, you would think it would be a bit better if it was privately funded? The staff are are either chronically undertrained or just dumb. I don’t cate if that sounds mean, when you pay 100s of € for a service you expect a tad of quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 FE12020Law

Well thats my last one passed and I'm delighted to say I'm finished. Let me just give some words of encouragment to those who aren't happy today. I had my first FE1 exam in 2018. I had arranged to sit 4 exams since you needed to pass your first 4 in one sitting. I ended up failing the first exam I sat (Company) and subsequently went home early and didn't even bother with the rest. In March 2019 they had changed the rule that you needed to pass 4 to onlny needing to pass 3. I had arranged to sit Company, Criminal and Equity. I ended up passing Company and Criminal but failing Equity. I sat the same three again in October 2019 and finally got the three passed. For anyone thinking of throwing in the towel please don't give up. I thought about it many times but once its done the weight lifted off your shoulders is indescribable. Keep going you'll all get there evantually.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fe1ki5

I seen that someone posted the October 2021 exam timetable here today and I am wondering where it came from as I don't see it up on the website yet and just checking it is a legit timetable before I go off choosing my topics based on it....

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭RebeccaM90

47 in property so disappointed. Anyone recommend getting a recheck?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭fe1prep2021

Does anyone know if it’s worth getting a 44 in criminal rechecked?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 lnmbk

Can someone tell me if there is a time limit on when you must enter the law society upon finishing the FE1s?

I mean - when you finish the exams and let's say you don't have a traineeship secured or you want to take some time out - what is the maximum amount of time before you must enter the law society before your FE1s are invalidated (if that even is the case?)

• Advertisement

fe1ki5 wrote: »
    I seen that someone posted the October 2021 exam timetable here today and I am wondering where it came from as I don't see it up on the website yet and just checking it is a legit timetable before I go off choosing my topics based on it....

When you get onto your results page that timetable is at the bottom of it for the October sitting. I just downloaded it again from there.

Advertisement