Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Lealaw

fe1ki5 wrote: »
    I seen that someone posted the October 2021 exam timetable here today and I am wondering where it came from as I don't see it up on the website yet and just checking it is a legit timetable before I go off choosing my topics based on it....

I seen it on the bottom of the results page. There was a link to the pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭FE1new

lnmbk wrote: »
    Can someone tell me if there is a time limit on when you must enter the law society upon finishing the FE1s?

I mean - when you finish the exams and let's say you don't have a traineeship secured or you want to take some time out - what is the maximum amount of time before you must enter the law society before your FE1s are invalidated (if that even is the case?)

This is what it says online:

You are entitled to carry forward any passes you have obtained provided that you are declared to have passed all outstanding examinations within seven years of 31 December of the year in which you first obtained a pass.

If you have passed the FE-1, please note that you must apply for consent to enter into indentures of apprenticeship within five years of 31 December 2021.

So 7 years to pass them from your first pass and 5 after finishing them to get a traineeship.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 LawNerd2020

I passed my final FE1 (Constitutional). I'm delighted. Thanks to everybody on here for your help/notes/support during my FE-1 journey. You have all been amazing. To those who weren't so lucky, keep on trying, you'll get there. I took me a while and these didn't run smoothly for me so today is all the sweeter. Now to find a training contract? That should be easy, LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Paraeagle

RebeccaM90 wrote: »
    47 in property so disappointed. Anyone recommend getting a recheck?

Definitely worth it! Seems to have been marked VERY harshly. All the essays and topics I had prepared for came up and I thought I wrote a diamond of a paper but only passed by the skin of my teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Lawlz

Hi all, congratulations to all who passed and for those who didn’t manage to this time, keep at it and all your hard work will pay off next time :-)

Happy to say I have 4 perfect city colleges manuals for:

Constitutional
    Contract
    Equity
    Criminal.

These helped me pass majorly this time! Failed 2 in the Nov sitting without them.

Anyone who would like to buy these please DM me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Chickennugget1

FE12020Law wrote: »
    Well thats my last one passed and I'm delighted to say I'm finished. Let me just give some words of encouragment to those who aren't happy today. I had my first FE1 exam in 2018. I had arranged to sit 4 exams since you needed to pass your first 4 in one sitting. I ended up failing the first exam I sat (Company) and subsequently went home early and didn't even bother with the rest. In March 2019 they had changed the rule that you needed to pass 4 to onlny needing to pass 3. I had arranged to sit Company, Criminal and Equity. I ended up passing Company and Criminal but failing Equity. I sat the same three again in October 2019 and finally got the three passed. For anyone thinking of throwing in the towel please don't give up. I thought about it many times but once its done the weight lifted off your shoulders is indescribable. Keep going you'll all get there evantually.

I second this. Extremely similar journey to you (huge congrats btw), it was so hard at times to keep going but it’s one huge accomplishment when it’s all done.

If anyone here needs anything, message me and I’ll be happy to help!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Fe119

Have now passed 7 but got 40 in Company, shocked as I thought this was the best! Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭murray132

Lawlz wrote: »
    Hi all, congratulations to all who passed and for those who didn’t manage to this time, keep at it and all your hard work will pay off next time :-)

Happy to say I have 4 perfect city colleges manuals for:

Constitutional
    Contract
    Equity
    Criminal.

These helped me pass majorly this time! Failed 2 in the Nov sitting without them.

Anyone who would like to buy these please DM me!

Hi I’m just wondering how much are the manuals? Congratulations on the results btw

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

Fe119 wrote: »
    Have now passed 7 but got 40 in Company, shocked as I thought this was the best! Thoughts?

I am in the same boat, just one left to do so here's my plan

A: apply for recheck - I don't care I will pay the 115euro with the hope of never having to sit another FE1 again in my life

B: write to the law society and enquire about August sitting - apparently they might do it if enough emails - I personally think it is a long shot as they will be looking to bottleneck people entering black hall due to the seemingly low traineeships available.

C: sit and hopefully pass the last exam in October and then decide if I want to go into hybrid or wait until sept 2022

D: Play and win tonight's Euromillions and forget the Law Society even exists

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Bantz_Control

awsah wrote: »

A: apply for recheck - I don't care I will pay the 115euro with the hope of never having to sit another FE1 again in my life

B: write to the law society and enquire about August sitting - apparently they might do it if enough emails - I personally think it is a long shot as they will be looking to bottleneck people entering black hall due to the seemingly low traineeships available.

C: sit and hopefully pass the last exam in October and then decide if I want to go into hybrid or wait until sept 2022

I would have thought the Law Soc would want as many trainees as possible as they get more money out of it? It's why they haven't clamped down on firms offering lower than minimum wage salaries even though its against their rules.

August sitting would be an absolute God send however.

• Advertisement

I would have thought the Law Soc would want as many trainees as possible as they get more money out of it? It's why they haven't clamped down on firms offering lower than minimum wage salaries even though its against their rules.

August sitting would be an absolute God send however.

yes but the firms don't seem to be hiring as much this year, possibly due to COVID, it's only an opinion I have, I really hope that they hold a sitting in August as people didn't sit exams in November because we were basically told we would be offered a physical sitting when possible

• Registered Users Posts: 17 lcs3

I am in the exact same boat as you! Company is my last and got 36. Incredibly frustrating as I thought I had passed. Really considered giving up today as I don’t have a training contract either.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

Don't mean to be the bearer of bad news but a few days ago I emailed and asked if there was enough interest would they hold an August sitting and was told no.

NewFe1 wrote: »
    Don't mean to be the bearer of bad news but a few days ago I emailed and asked if there was enough interest would they hold an August sitting and was told no.

Oh well, there goes Plan B, I am banking on A anyway! :) thanks for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭AA21

Do you think it’s worth my while getting rechecked? I got 38% and 39%? How long does it take to get the results back after recheck because I would need to know for the next sitting? So disappointed I’ve never failed anything in my life

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭saraocallaghan

AA21 wrote: »
    Do you think it’s worth my while getting rechecked? I got 38% and 39%? How long does it take to get the results back after recheck because I would need to know for the next sitting? So disappointed I’ve never failed anything in my life

Oh I’d like to know this - I passed one with 52 but failed the other with 38 (Equity) 🀢 is it worth the €115?!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CandyCane_81

41 in property worth a recheck? My fifth question was bad! Thankfully passed contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Healyjhow

46 in company worth a recheck? Was very confident that I passed it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Fe123

Is company marked very harsh?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lawgrad49

Fe123 wrote: »
    Is company marked very harsh?

I don't know if you are on the Reddit FE1 page, but someone has a post up about Company being harshly marked.

Imo it definitely was marked harsh for me, and from what I can remember a lot of people felt hard done by in the last round of results in Jan so that would also suggest he is a very hard marker!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 bcxcv

I'm devastated to have failed Contract again when I thought I did much better this time. I am 4% short of a pass so I'm definitely gonna get this rechecked. But in the event I don't pass again, what are people's biggest tip? I really do not want to do Contract again.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LegalEagle21

Has anyone found equity to be marked really harsh? I honestly thought it was my best exam and got 38

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Lawlz

murray132 wrote: »
    Hi I’m just wondering how much are the manuals? Congratulations on the results btw

I’ll DM you!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 P.O.POLLY

Does anyone think property was harshly marked? I did 5.5 questions and got 44%
    I did 4.5 questions in criminal and got 63%

Could a recheck bring me up 6%?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 2021FE1student

Has anyone found equity to be marked really harsh? I honestly thought it was my best exam and got 38

Thought the same. I actually came out of that exam feeling great, so disappointed. Maybe because it was a new examiner?? Trying to make a Mark as a hard examiner?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 KingofTheFE1s

bcxcv wrote: »
    I'm devastated to have failed Contract again when I thought I did much better this time. I am 4% short of a pass so I'm definitely gonna get this rechecked. But in the event I don't pass again, what are people's biggest tip? I really do not want to do Contract again.

Practice the exam questions a lot if you havent already been doing that. Iv done six now and Contract is the most deceptively difficult in my opinion. Its pretty easy to mistake a question for the wrong topic or completely miss something that is being examined in a question.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Lawkp

Got 40 in company. I honestly thought I did great. I based all my answers of his reports and somehow I failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Fe119

Lawkp wrote: »
    Got 40 in company. I honestly thought I did great. I based all my answers of his reports and somehow I failed.

Exact same as me and last exam, I’m convinced one of my questions didn’t save or something

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Lawkp

Fe119 wrote: »
    Exact same as me and last exam, I’m convinced one of my questions didn’t save or something

I am applying for a recheck. Already requested a copy of my script. I am convinced I passed that exam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Kkelly97

Saw the timetable for October and have heard Contract, Equity and Property are nice to sit together. I need to get Constitutional out of the way too.

Would I be insane to sit Property on the Friday, Constitutional on Tuesday then Equity and Contract Wednesday and Thursday?

It's my first round.

Advertisement