Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

Thankfully I passed 5/5 and got my highest grades of the FE1s yet. I'm over the moon.

Does anyone know how to request a letter from the Law Society stating that you've passed all 8? Does this letter include your grades aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

Kkelly97 wrote: »
    Saw the timetable for October and have heard Contract, Equity and Property are nice to sit together. I need to get Constitutional out of the way too.

Would I be insane to sit Property on the Friday, Constitutional on Tuesday then Equity and Contract Wednesday and Thursday?

It's my first round.

I think everyone has different opinions on this but I really struggled with back to back exams! Was just so tired and couldn’t focus. But if you think you’d be okay in that situation equity contract and property do overlap a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LegalEagle21

Saw the timetable for October and have heard Contract, Equity and Property are nice to sit together. I need to get Constitutional out of the way too.

Would I be insane to sit Property on the Friday, Constitutional on Tuesday then Equity and Contract Wednesday and Thursday?

It's my first round.

I sat 3 back to back exams the first week and one on the Monday the second week in March. I would highly advise against it. I spent all my time studying for constitutional which was first and was then drained after each exam to study more and ended up failing two. Even one day in between exams seems like nothing but is honestly such a big help.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

Do they do prizes for the FE1s anymore? I haven't seen a list of awards and the winners posted since maybe 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 40 fe1taker1998

2.5 hours of refreshing (hope nobody else had to wait that long :( ) and so stunned I managed to pull 58% in Cons barely answering 4 questions, so much thanks to everyone who shared notes and help on this page, probably wouldn't have passed without it! (lost my original account which is sad because I had been messaging a few)...now on for October!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭TCPIP

Anybody looking for City College's EU and Company manuals and legislation?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

bcxcv wrote: »
    I'm devastated to have failed Contract again when I thought I did much better this time. I am 4% short of a pass so I'm definitely gonna get this rechecked. But in the event I don't pass again, what are people's biggest tip? I really do not want to do Contract again.

I was brought up from a 45 to a 50 in November so definitely get it rechecked!!! I thought I failed it miserably!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Law101

I can’t find the October schedule - can someone direct me! I’m googley eyed after today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

It's my first round.

Honestly you are blessed right now that you know thebtime table so far I advance,I was too far into studying when the timetable came out to change my topics. I sat two together this time each week so two and two, come my third exam I felt like my body was shutting down, I have never experienced anything like that physically before, it was horrible. The november exams I sat 3 in a row and I managed to scrape by with 50 and 51 for the second and third exam.

If I was able to choose my time table I would have had a day in between each exam, your exam choice makes sense and I did those exact ones this time around but failed property. I put all my energy into constitutional by the time by final exam came around I didn't have the energy so I picked the bare minimum topics and it came back to bite me!

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

Law101 wrote: »
    I can’t find the October schedule - can someone direct me! I’m googley eyed after today!!

Its at the bottom of the results page but some one posted it here a few pages back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 LegalEagle21

Can anyone tell me how long it took for rechecks and viewing scripts took from the last sitting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

Just a heads up - I sat company back in October and ultimately got 42%. I was almost certain that I had passed though so I got it rechecked and I was brought up to 52. If you have the money I would get anything in the 40s rechecked.

Finally passed my final FE1! Best of luck to anyone else starting off or to those gunning to pass their final set. You'll get there in the end! Persistence is key.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

Hi All,

I wake up this morning knowing that I have all 8 done!

It’s a great feeling but these exams don’t come easy, everyone has busy life’s that will put obstacles and blocks up to steer you off course, fail an exam, loose faith and regret ever taken on the Everest that is these exams!

Congratulations to everyone that passed yesterday, I look forward to seeing some of you in December for the Hybrid!

For those of you still going through the Fe1s please be kind to yourself, they will test you in so many ways but the key really is simple, hard work. You have to put in the hours . Some exams may come easier to you than others but that’s just depends on the way you are wired.

Best of luck in the future and thanks for all the support on here, it really is nice to share the good days and bad days.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭RebeccaM90

P.O.POLLY wrote: »
    Does anyone think property was harshly marked? I did 5.5 questions and got 44%
    I did 4.5 questions in criminal and got 63%

Could a recheck bring me up 6%?

I did 5.5 in property and got 47% so I am definitely getting it rechecked. From what I’ve gathered I think the exam was marked very harshly. I’d get a recheck if I was you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 lcs3

I got 36 in company... does anyone think it’s possible to be brought up 14% 🥲 have requested scripts anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 10 P.O.POLLY

RebeccaM90 wrote: »
    I did 5.5 in property and got 47% so I am definitely getting it rechecked. From what I’ve gathered I think the exam was marked very harshly. I’d get a recheck if I was you.

A person on Reddit said that for some people their extra half questions in the Nov sitting were marked instead of a full Q and it was only realised during the recheck. Let's hope we are lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Bantz_Control

A person on Reddit said that for some people their extra half questions in the Nov sitting were marked instead of a full Q and it was only realised during the recheck. Let's hope we are lucky!

Out of curiosity, what's the benefit of doing an extra half question? Are you not just wasting time?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Wonderstruck

Out of curiosity, what's the benefit of doing an extra half question? Are you not just wasting time?

To answer your questions - none and yes.

I have no idea why anyone would do that, spend more time picking the right questions to answer in the first place.

To answer your questions - none and yes.

I have no idea why anyone would do that, spend more time picking the right questions to answer in the first place.

I was confused as people used that as justification for them doing well. But surely you're just wasting precious time that you could use to beef up the actual 5 questions that matter? A bit baffled.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 kayleee123

Can anyone remember from the last sitting how long it took for them to send out scripts once requested under GDPR?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

kayleee123 wrote: »
    Can anyone remember from the last sitting how long it took for them to send out scripts once requested under GDPR?

Took them two weeks to send mine but I requested mine maybe a week after results or so

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Lealaw

Absolutely but if a two part q comes up and you know the first part well and you have a spare few minutes at the end what's the harm in giving it a go?

They will most likely only correct your first 5 questions. So if that half a question is within your first 5 that will mean you only submit 4.5 not 5.5. I wouldn't recommend taking the risk, you would be better off going back over the 5 questions and submitting 5 good answers.

Lealaw wrote: »
    They will most likely only correct your first 5 questions. So if that half a question is within your first 5 that will mean you only submit 4.5 not 5.5. I wouldn't recommend taking the risk, you would be better off going back over the 5 questions and submitting 5 good answers.

I'm pretty sure they're obligated to correct all the questions but include the best 5 for the purposes of your final result. The issue being if you go to do 6 questions, you're spreading yourself too thin as you most likely didn't sufficiently answer 5 full questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Fedone

I'm pretty sure they're obligated to correct all the questions but include the best 5 for the purposes of your final result. The issue being if you go to do 6 questions, you're spreading yourself too thin as you most likely didn't sufficiently answer 5 full questions.

I’m not sure how true this is. I remember in the physical sittings the exam paper explicitly had ‘Answer 5 questions’ on the front and I’ve never heard that they were obligated to take your best five. That said, I would imagine an examiner seeing more than 5 questions answered as a bad thing- the exams are based within a time pressured setting so if you’re answering more than required this would indicate that you could have done more with your initial five questions and as such they’re not up to standard. Again though of course without a marking scheme it’s impossible to determine and I am only speculating here.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Fe1ak

Anyone who sat Tort or EU in the last sitting would you be kind enough to tell me what came up?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 sunnylegal

I have a set of all 8 2021 manuals from Independent Colleges, with an extensive assortments of exam papers, grids, slides, notes if anyone wants them

• Registered Users Posts: 20 law1234567

Anyone know how long it takes to get rechecks back? Want to sign up for a different prep course to city collages but want to wait till they recheck my paper. Last ever FE1

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Fe1 2020

Hi all. I have Blackstone's EU Treaties and Legislation 2019-2020? I am happy to send it to someone just for the cost of postage. I got it the same way off someone else there for the March sitting. It has some pencil underlines and highlighting from previous owner. Pm if you'd like it. Thanks 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭FE1Rookie

How do you request an official document to prove you've got the result you say you have? All I have are screenshots from my phone which looks pretty unprofessional

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭FE1Rookie

Also does anyone know of any online group for people looking for TCs or anything?

Advertisement