Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ryan G

Hi, would anyone be able to recommend a prep course for Tort? Tia

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

FE1Rookie wrote: »
    Also does anyone know of any online group for people looking for TCs or anything?

There’s a Milkrounds thread here on boards !!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

How do you request an official document to prove you've got the result you say you have? All I have are screenshots from my phone which looks pretty unprofessional

You can request duplicate results letters! It’s on the LS fe1 page

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭FE1Rookie

You can request duplicate results letters! It’s on the LS fe1 page

Ah I totally didn't see that on the website, it's well hidden. Thanks! Where do you send this request letter?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 FEONE

If anybody needs a companies act pm me !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭murray132

Fe1ak wrote: »
    Anyone who sat Tort or EU in the last sitting would you be kind enough to tell me what came up?

If you send me on your email address I can send you EU now and I’ll send your tort when I’m home next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Lozg

Does anyone know if Blackhall in September will be online again or in person?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

Hey guys I have griffith college manuals for.tort company and criminal from summer 2020 prep course which I will send to anyone for the cost of the postage, they are heavily underlined and highlighted but I just think its such a waste to throw them out!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭murray132

awsah wrote: »
    Hey guys I have griffith college manuals for.tort company and criminal from summer 2020 prep course which I will send to anyone for the cost of the postage, they are heavily underlined and highlighted but I just think its such a waste to throw them out!

Can I please get criminal and company off you ! Thank you I’ll DM you now

• Registered Users Posts: 5 TheFE1Prep

Hi everyone, I have 2020 independent colleges manuals in perfect condition for all subjects, as well as a brand new companies act and a huge amount of additional notes/resources from which I achieved marks of 65%-72% across all 8 subjects! Dm me if you’re interested! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fe1ki5

Ryan G wrote: »
    Hi, would anyone be able to recommend a prep course for Tort? Tia

I think Val Corbett (Law School) is the best in regards to Tort. Would also recommend the Tort Nutshell book (written by Val funnily enough). I passed first time and found that book priceless!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

Anyone ever use the constitutional nutshell? Thinking about getting it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Fedone

Anyone ever use the constitutional nutshell? Thinking about getting it!!!

I used an old one I had from college this round of exams to understand some of the topics I found a little tougher to understand- mostly Oireachtas type stuff like the non delegation doctrine. I wouldn’t use it as my main source but definitely helpful in breaking it down if you’re struggling to grasp some of the concepts.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Lawlz

Hi all,

I have 2019/2020 city colleges manuals for:

Constitutional
    Contract
    Equity
    Criminal

They helped me pass majorly!!

All in absolutely perfect condition, 40 each :-)

Please DM me thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 49 FEONE

Hi,

I'm looking at sitting EU in the next sitting. Does anybody know if an older manual like 2019 would suffice or do I need a newer manual? Is there new case law constantly developing with EU law that would mean I should get a more up to date manual? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ElMo7

Hi guys, could anyone fill me in on how to request your scripts back? Thanks 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭FE1Rookie

Selling manuals and materials for all 8 fe1s. pm if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 21 LawNerd2020

@nmurphy1441 if you DM me your address I can post you my constitutional nutshell free of charge. I bought it for the March sitting and found it pretty helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 KingofTheFE1s

FEONE wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking at sitting EU in the next sitting. Does anybody know if an older manual like 2019 would suffice or do I need a newer manual? Is there new case law constantly developing with EU law that would mean I should get a more up to date manual? Thanks

Ideally you want the most up to date for all of them but EU is definitely one of the easiest to pass so missing out on a few really recent cases isnt likely to be determinative. I sat it in 2020 though so for all I know there could have been some major development since then that you do need to be aware of.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 fe1student2803

Selling City Colleges FE1 manuals for EU, Property, Criminal and Contract, DM for more info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 rebuke

Hi All,

Selling most recent City Colleges manuals for Criminal, EU, Equity, Company, Property and Contract as well as more condensed notes with my own further reading (Courtney, Friel etc.).

62%-74% obtained in all exams with the notes.

DM me if interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭fe12021

hey,

i've set up an email address for anyone who wants to ask questions about how and what to revise, which exams to group together, as well as to share any material i have (sample answers, grids, notes, homework etc.) for free. i wouldn't have been able to get through this gruelling process without the support of people (on and off boards.ie) who had gone through it before me/ were going through it at the same time, and promised myself i'd 'give back' in any way possible. i came from a non-law background, so this might be especially helpful for anyone who has zero familiarity with the system and content but is really open to anyone.

i've seen a few people on here express gratitude for this community and a desire to help others doing the exams, so if you guys would also like to email me any material that you're willing to share with people (so that you don't have to keep checking boards DMs and getting ...triggered) feel free to email it over and i'll distribute to those who get in touch. you're also welcome to get involved in answering qs etc if you wish.

it's fe1stopshop@gmail.com

i'll do my best to help in whatever way i can

• Registered Users Posts: 7 LawGo123

Hi All,

Would anyone have up to date Contract and Constitutional grids?

Thanks

ElMo7 wrote: »
    Hi guys, could anyone fill me in on how to request your scripts back? Thanks ��

hey, email fe1dataprivacy@lawsociety.ie – and make a point of requesting the marked script. i got mine back without any grades and none of my subsequent emails requesting the scores were answered. had to resit the paper without any clue about how each q was marked...useful :)

fe12021 wrote: »
    hey,

i've set up an email address for anyone who wants to ask questions about how and what to revise, which exams to group together, as well as to share any material i have (sample answers, grids, notes, homework etc.) for free. i wouldn't have been able to get through this gruelling process without the support of people (on and off boards.ie) who had gone through it before me/ were going through it at the same time, and promised myself i'd 'give back' in any way possible. i came from a non-law background, so this might be especially helpful for anyone who has zero familiarity with the system and content but is really open to anyone.

i've seen a few people on here express gratitude for this community and a desire to help others doing the exams, so if you guys would also like to email me any material that you're willing to share with people (so that you don't have to keep checking boards DMs and getting ...triggered) feel free to email it over and i'll distribute to those who get in touch. you're also welcome to get involved in answering qs etc if you wish.

it's fe1stopshop@gmail.com

i'll do my best to help in whatever way i can

oh, also, i have digital copies of some of the independent colleges manuals which i'm happy to share. ideally you'd send a screenshot of a donation to a free legal advice cause (anything from 5 euros is fine) and i'll email you back with the manual

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭AA21

Hi everyone, so I failed the 3 exams that I sat in March and I unfortunately will have to repeat them. I’m confident enough with them though, they just didn’t go great for me on the day. So I’m thinking of repeating those 3 and picking up 2 new subjects. Is this feasible

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭DonVito

Thankfully passed all 8 in two sittings. I'm more in disbelief than happy tbh. Scraped through a few of them with three 50s and a 51.

I have word docs for each subject where I condensed the manuals. I say condensed, the Word docs are still 100+ pages in length. This forum has been a help to me so if anyone wants me to send anything on just ask. Although I warn you there's probably a bit of paraphrasing and coarse language as I wrote the notes for myself :pac:.

AA21 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, so I failed the 3 exams that I sat in March and I unfortunately will have to repeat them. I’m confident enough with them though, they just didn’t go great for me on the day. So I’m thinking of repeating those 3 and picking up 2 new subjects. Is this feasible

yeah, i think it definitely is, ofc the timetable might make it a horrendous process but it should be bearable if you're already pretty familiar with three of the modules. i sat three in november and passed two, then sat six in march and passed all of them. i didn't have much time to revise the one i was resitting (didn't touch it until the weekend before that exam). it was not the most fun thing i've ever done but i think you'll be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭AA21

fe12021 wrote: »
    yeah, i think it definitely is, ofc the timetable might make it a horrendous process but it should be bearable if you're already pretty familiar with three of the modules. i sat three in november and passed two, then sat six in march and passed all of them. i didn't have much time to revise the one i was resitting (didn't touch it until the weekend before that exam). it was not the most fun thing i've ever done but i think you'll be ok
    Ok that makes me feel so much better. I want to have them all sat and passed after next March sitting so I would rather do 5 with two new ones now then 4 new ones next March!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Wonderstruck

How do you request an official document to prove you've got the result you say you have? All I have are screenshots from my phone which looks pretty unprofessional

Ask for a letter with the results from that sitting and all your previous sittings (give us much info as you can, minimise the filling cabinet rummaging from their pov), ask a few times. You can staple a few letters together to show you have passed all eight to employers. I never got a nice letter saying I passed all eight!

Advertisement