Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LegalEagle21

Had anyone heard back regarding viewing scripts or rechecks yet? I have a feeling something went wrong in my equity exam. I really don’t think it’s possible for me to have gotten 39% when I was confident in all 5 questions answered

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

Had anyone heard back regarding viewing scripts or rechecks yet? I have a feeling something went wrong in my equity exam. I really don’t think it’s possible for me to have gotten 39% when I was confident in all 5 questions answered

It took about 2 weeks to get scripts the last time but they were released slowly over a few days and some had no marks on them

Rechecks are open until June 2 so I'd assume a few weeks after that, I have emailed to see would we have them in time to apply.for black hall for September.

I would just email.for scripts and recheck and wait until you hear more, law society are not the best for keeping us updated with things so it's a bit of a waiting game unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭AA21

How long do rechecks take?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 fe1student2803

Selling City Colleges FE1 manuals for EU, Property, Criminal and Contract, DM for more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭fe12021

Update from fe1stopshop@gmail.com: thanks to all those reaching out/donating! I've established that I have digital copies of the EU, Company, Constitutional and Equity manuals (all 2020). For those who didn't see my previous post: I'm willing to share these in return for minimum 5 euro per manual being donated to FLAC/another cause of your choice. There's no pressure to donate, but it would be a super easy way to do some good, so if this works for you please drop me an email requesting the manual/s you're after along with a screenshot/forwarded email of your donation. I have hard copies of Property, Criminal, Tort and Contract (I believe from 2019) and am willing to scan them and email them on too if people are in need - may ask for a slightly bigger donation for in return for doing that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fe1ki5

Can any give some advice on tackling the Equity exam - it seems to be the most harshly marked, with the worst success rate.

I am going to do a prep course to increase all chances, if anyone would know the best lecturer for Equity (thinking Law School or City).

Much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 LegalEagle786

Selling all my City Colleges manuals (2020-2021 edition), also have some notes saved, exam grids etc. - DM if you're interested :)

AA21 wrote: »
    How long do rechecks take?

The LS can be hit or miss with timescales, usually the latter. I would guestimate about 3 to 4 weeks from 4th June, all going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 sunnylegal

All 8 Independent colleges manuals - used them to pass them all first go 2020-2021

Have loads of grids/slides/papers/sample answers/reports too

If anyone wants a full set or knows someone looking for a full set

• Registered Users Posts: 6 LegalEagle786

fe1ki5 wrote: »
    Can any give some advice on tackling the Equity exam - it seems to be the most harshly marked, with the worst success rate.

I am going to do a prep course to increase all chances, if anyone would know the best lecturer for Equity (thinking Law School or City).

Much appreciated!

I found it to be easier than others, just make sure to do charitable trusts and Trusteeship! And use the updated exam grid as you can see the pattern in which topics come up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭TCPIP

Has anyone heard back about their access requests for their scripts?

TCPIP wrote: »
    Has anyone heard back about their access requests for their scripts?

they take their time. i think i had to chase them after two weeks of waiting and then received the script without any marks on it. then chased them 6 times over the course of a month for the marks per question and never received them

If anyone is selling Nutshells for Equity and/or Company please let me know - thanks

fe1ki5 wrote: »
    If anyone is selling Nutshells for Equity and/or Company please let me know - thanks

hey, don't have nutshells but created a table of cases for equity and a document called 'aim to pass notes' for company. happy to email them both over to you if you'd like.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Fe1ak

I passed the exam I sat in the last sitting but I was wondering do people request their scripts anyway just to have or do you just do that if you are thinking of getting them rechecked? This is probably such a stupid question but its my first time sitting them and was just wondering is that the norm to do anyway regardless of whether you passed or failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

Fe1ak wrote: »
    I passed the exam I sat in the last sitting but I was wondering do people request their scripts anyway just to have or do you just do that if you are thinking of getting them rechecked? This is probably such a stupid question but its my first time sitting them and was just wondering is that the norm to do anyway regardless of whether you passed or failed.

I requested all of mine pass or fail. I thought it was helpful in the ones where it was marked but not so much when there are no marks, unless you compare them to someone else's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Fe123

For those heading to blackhall in September can anyone tell me what’s the next step?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

Fe123 wrote: »
    For those heading to blackhall in September can anyone tell me what’s the next step?

You’ve to fill out the application ... includes the identities if apprenticeships, need to submit references and a letter confirming you’ve passed all 8 FE1s I think

just a quick note to say thanks so much for the positive feedback on the donations initiative – so far i've received a number of donations to FLAC, as well to a mental health charity and UNICEF! my posts will likely get buried deep in this thread soon enough, so please do spread the word if you see people who are after manuals (for donations - amount and charity of your choice but i'm recommending a min. 5 euros per manual) or who want advice on how to strategise or sample answers/other material for free. thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 TheFE1Prep

Hi everyone, just wanted to say that I've had really good feedback from people who used my notes for the last sitting. If anyone wants a sample chapter sent to their email, PM me :)

• Advertisement

hey again, i'm continuing to distribute material from fe1stopshop@gmail.com. i'm thinking of putting together some FAQs/ tips document based on personal experiences and those of friends/boards users. if there are things you'd wished you'd known or done differently, or questions you had when you first started/currently have, please could you drop me a line?

i was pretty overwhelmed when i first started the process. i reached out to an fe1/law instagram figure asking whether it would be feasible to do 5 in my first sitting in autumn 2020 (i needed to get 8 done by march 2021 for a tc), and was told that as i came from a non-law background i shouldn't bother doing any exams until march 2021 as it would be too difficult. that was quite worrying to hear, and it was friends who'd done law/the fe1s who told me not to listen and to go for it. i'm therefore trying not only to distribute resources but advice/strategies/support etc.

thanks a mil

• Registered Users Posts: 8 FE1Lordthe2nd

Has anyone received a reply after replying for a recheck?

Thanks

Has anyone received a reply after replying for a recheck?

Thanks

they usually send you a payment link in response to your application form, and then they'll post on the LS website when the results for rechecks are. for reference: results for nov 2020 came out on 14 jan and recheck results came out on 19 feb, so there's a bit of wait

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Chickennugget1

TheFE1Prep wrote: »
    Hi everyone, just wanted to say that I've had really good feedback from people who used my notes for the last sitting. If anyone wants a sample chapter sent to their email, PM me :)

I got Equity notes from here - and I finally passed it comfortably this time after a few attempts! Highly recommend these notes if anyone is struggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 fe1student2803

City Colleges 2020-2021 Property, criminal and EU manuals available, DM for more information

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭RebeccaM90

Anyone else requested a recheck, and if so how long does this normally take?

RebeccaM90 wrote: »
    Anyone else requested a recheck, and if so how long does this normally take?

said this above but: results for nov 2020 came out on 14 jan and recheck results came out on 19 feb.

from boards, it sounded like more people got rechecks last time, so it may be quicker this time

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭RebeccaM90

fe12021 wrote: »
    said this above but: results for nov 2020 came out on 14 jan and recheck results came out on 19 feb.

from boards, it sounded like more people got rechecks last time, so it may be quicker this time

Is there an application form for this? I just sent an email with candidate number and what exam I wanted rechecked and hoped they would come back re payment but I can see mention of an application form above?

RebeccaM90 wrote: »
    Is there an application form for this? I just sent an email with candidate number and what exam I wanted rechecked and hoped they would come back re payment but I can see mention of an application form above?

oh yeah, i think they email the application form once you send the email requesting the recheck, and then when you submit that you get the payment details. i'd forward you the form to speed up the process but i've just looked at it and it says november 2020 on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Bantz_Control

What topics should should I study for company, and what topics can I leave out? The exam grid is just all over the place.

Advertisement