Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭RebeccaM90

fe12021 wrote: »
    oh yeah, i think they email the application form once you send the email requesting the recheck, and then when you submit that you get the payment details. i'd forward you the form to speed up the process but i've just looked at it and it says november 2020 on it.

I’ll forward my email to them again. I sent them the email on 21st and heard nothing back. Very annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭DonVito

Not sure if this is allowed so mods feel free to take down. I bought 4 Independent Colleges 2020 FE1 manuals on Gumtree back in January for a good bit of money. Turns out they were photocopies. I know this now because I'm being reported when trying to sell them on Gumtree :(.

They're in good condition, with ring binders and a laminate cover. Tort, Constitutional, EU and Company. They're not lacking in any way as they just got me 4 passes. Paid €40 each for them so would feel a bit crap if I couldn't get anything back. Again, not sure if this is allowed but if anyone is interested DM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 FE1Lordthe2nd

they usually send you a payment link in response to your application form, and then they'll post on the LS website when the results for rechecks are. for reference: results for nov 2020 came out on 14 jan and recheck results came out on 19 feb, so there's a bit of wait

Thanks

Has anyone received the payment link? I emailed asking for a recheck but didn't submit a form. There doesn't seem to be one online?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ann1994

Ryan G wrote: »
    Hi, would anyone be able to recommend a prep course for Tort? Tia

Highly recommend Law School for Tort, I passed it first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Fe1taker2020

From experience, the city colleges manuals are enough to pass the FE1 exams. I legit learned off the relevant chapters from the manuals and passed easily with 60+ in 6/8 exams. No extra notes and no extra books required.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

DonVito wrote: »
    Not sure if this is allowed so mods feel free to take down. I bought 4 Independent Colleges 2020 FE1 manuals on Gumtree back in January for a good bit of money. Turns out they were photocopies. I know this now because I'm being reported when trying to sell them on Gumtree :(.

They're in good condition, with ring binders and a laminate cover. Tort, Constitutional, EU and Company. They're not lacking in any way as they just got me 4 passes. Paid €40 each for them so would feel a bit crap if I couldn't get anything back. Again, not sure if this is allowed but if anyone is interested DM me.

I think you are looking at this from the wrong way, you spent 160euro on materials that helped you to pass 4 FE1 exams, that is a good thing, not something to feel crap about.

For my first 4 exams I pad 300euro each on a professional course and 90 euro a subject on grinds, I also bought all the nutshells. I got none of that back, but I don't feel that it was wasted money - I spent what I needed to in order to pass.

For the second set I used my materials to swap for materials for the new four and ended up spending next to nothing on the next set. You might do better trying to swap materials than sell photocopied manuals as people are giving away materials for free on here - just some friendly advice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Bantz_Control

awsah wrote: »
    I think you are looking at this from the wrong way, you spent 160euro on materials that helped you to pass 4 FE1 exams, that is a good thing, not something to feel crap about.

For my first 4 exams I pad 300euro each on a professional course and 90 euro a subject on grinds, I also bought all the nutshells. I got none of that back, but I don't feel that it was wasted money - I spent what I needed to in order to pass.

For the second set I used my materials to swap for materials for the new four and ended up spending next to nothing on the next set. You might do better trying to swap materials than sell photocopied manuals as people are giving away materials for free on here - just some friendly advice :)

Fair play on putting so much work in! I feel like a loser in comparison lol. For my first 3 exams, I literally just pawned off 2nd hand notes off of a friend, memorised the notes 2 weeks before the exams, and somehow managed to pass all of them. I'm sure my bad habits will get to me eventually.

Fair play on putting so much work in! I feel like a loser in comparison lol. For my first 3 exams, I literally just pawned off 2nd hand notes off of a friend, memorised the notes 2 weeks before the exams, and somehow managed to pass all of them. I'm sure my bad habits will get to me eventually.

Oh well I had no law background so I hadn't a notion where to even start, I think I went a bit overboard tbh

awsah wrote: »
    Oh well I had no law background so I hadn't a notion where to even start, I think I went a bit overboard tbh

You definitely didn't go overboard! You gave yourself the best chance the succeed, something that I'm failing to do. It'll catch up to me eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭fe12021

hey, been saying this to the people who have emailed me for material/advice: the company paper questions are pretty much always identical - often the PQs don't even change the names of the people in the scenario/sometimes the scenario changes slightly or it's the exact same with different names. can't stress how much easier your life will be if you look at the past papers/sample answers early on in your revision for this paper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 iana2017

Hi guys..i have failed my Constitution exam the second time and i am thinking i should do a prep course...any recommendations for a good Constitution law course?!...many thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lawgrad49

hey, been saying this to the people who have emailed me for material/advice: the company paper questions are pretty much always identical - often the PQs don't even change the names of the people in the scenario/sometimes the scenario changes slightly or it's the exact same with different names. can't stress how much easier your life will be if you look at the past papers/sample answers early on in your revision for this paper

I will deffo second that! Company can seem a bit daunting from the outset, but if you get a hold of the last 5-6 sittings and analyse/study the Past Papers and Exam reports you will be well set.

From what I can remember, all 8 of the questions in March were almost identical to previous questions in the last 3-4 years, the odd name change in a Problem question but the Essays were carbon copies.

I am still a bit miffed with the marking as I didn't get what I expected (above 60), but I comfortably passed in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 fe1student2803

City Colleges 2020-2021 Property, criminal and EU manuals available, DM for more information

• Registered Users Posts: 6 LegalEagle786

From experience, the city colleges manuals are enough to pass the FE1 exams. I legit learned off the relevant chapters from the manuals and passed easily with 60+ in 6/8 exams. No extra notes and no extra books required.

I agree, I was working and studying at the same time - didn't even watch the lectures, just learnt off the notes in conjunction with the exam grid and passed the 8 in 2 sittings.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LegalEagle21

Has anyone got an exam rechecked that had already been corrected by the external examiner and actually gone up? Or once it has been corrected by the external is there any point in getting a recheck?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

I didn’t end up sitting one of my exams in March so I still have one subject to do. Does anyone have experience with studying for just one subject - how far out from the exams did you start studying? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

I didn’t end up sitting one of my exams in March so I still have one subject to do. Does anyone have experience with studying for just one subject - how far out from the exams did you start studying? Thanks!

I did my last two this sitting ! I probably only really started studying maybe 4/5 weeks before

So doable I started a new job at end of feb and had 5 days off for the exams !

• Registered Users Posts: 6 LegalEagle786

Depends what subject it is tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭lawDani

just want to say ive recently received ,materials for tort company and Constitutional and I already feel my study time has been increased with the efficiency of these notes!

Any body who works full time like myself, or simply doesn't have the time to dive into the manuals / online lectures- get on this :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Jdharte

Ive emailed the Law Society twice (Friday and Tuesday) regarding rechecks and heard nothing back regarding payment etc. Has anyone got a reply from them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 soc124124

Has anyone got an exam rechecked that had already been corrected by the external examiner and actually gone up? Or once it has been corrected by the external is there any point in getting a recheck?

I rechecked Contract Law last sitting which was allegedly reviewed by an external examiner. Came up 5% to exactly 50%. A suspect situation to say the least.

Company 51%
    EU 50%
    CRIMINAL 63%
    Tort 55%

I started my boards account about this time last year as I wanted to sit the FE1s in October but had no idea where to even start. this "kind" person reached out to me and offered to sell me his notes, he ended up only sending me half and then ignored me. I learned from other posters on here that he had done the same thing to them. It made me so angry that someone on this thread, someone trying to qualify as a solicitor, would have such low morals

so I have spent the past year sending people what I have so that no one else gets scammed like that. You get what you give on this site, I have had so many people message me after each set of exams to thank me for my help after they have passed, when I ask for something I need people contact me straight away because I have helped them in the past. I truly would not have passed 7 exams over the last two sittings without the kindness of strangers here on boards

I really try to only bring positivity into this thread because it gets tense on here sometimes when we are all highly stressed, but it makes me angry that people would try and sell their own scripts instead of offer them for free. there is no way of telling on anyone's paper what they were given their marks for and what they fell down on. I am posting mine, as I have done in the past, so people can have a look and an idea, but I would not use my papers as sample answers. I did enough to pass, and I am happy with that.

There are certain things you might have to pay for, but before you part with your money reach out to the kind folks on here and see if someone has what you are looking for that will just send it on

Best of luck to everyone waiting on rechecks or doing exams in October!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Fedone

Also happy to send anyone my scripts for free over email. I have scripts for all except constitutional and company which I am waiting to get back from this last sitting so they can also be sent on once I receive them. Exams ranged from 55% - 65%. PM your email if you want them and I’ll happily send them on.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 FEONE

Some people here would sell their granny if they could

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

Starting constitutional now in the next week or so, want to give myself plenty of time! Should I prepare essays and if I should, what would people recommend to prepare?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 FEONE

Starting constitutional now in the next week or so, want to give myself plenty of time! Should I prepare essays and if I should, what would people recommend to prepare?

It’s been said for the last couple of sittings president/ag is due and or constitutional interpretation. No family appeared on the the last one either. I’d probably start there

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

My advice would don’t be afraid of the case note at all!! If you know the cases and are struggling with the other questions definitely take a stab at it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Fe123

Hey everyone. Someone on this thread - might have been a while back - made a post linking to his (Drive? Docs?) account which contained all of his FE-1 notes for the various subjects. Problem is, I can't seem to find it anymore. Can anybody here locate it?

Was happy to accept notes for free but now trying to sell marked scripts LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1 FE1Notes2021

City Colleges Manuals 2020 - 2021 For Sale, along with all relevant legislation for exams - including EU Treaties Book and Companies Act, all bought brand new.

Passed 8 papers comfortably using these manuals over two sittings while working full time.

Obviously would do a deal if someone bought the lot together, or maybe a couple of friends want to buy them all and share around.

PM for details.

• Advertisement

Say what you will about selling manuals, papers, etc., especially when they're paperback and you've paid for them.

But selling your own exam script is on another level of grift.

Advertisement