Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

Starting constitutional now in the next week or so, want to give myself plenty of time! Should I prepare essays and if I should, what would people recommend to prepare?

The one thing I earned from sitting Constitutional was - do not try and predict what is going to come up - the syllabus is too large so there are so many ways of asking a question in one subject. Also, there are constantly new cases and legislation being brought in so it is so hard to predict.

my advice would be this - pick out your topics early
    - start learning off the cases straight away
    -use the exam grid to predict, but also choose topics that are current, and also ones that interest you as it would make it easier to learn (imo)
    - on the day of the exam watch your time carefully - these questions are designed in a way that there seems to be many possible answers and there is no time to answer everything you know. write for about 25 mins a question and then go back over them at the end. If you get a question where you know so much information you could spend a long time answering it and not giving enough time to do a 5th question

Constitutional made me loose the will to live, but just keep reading over and over and over your notes and get up to date cases and you will pass it!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Fedone

awsah wrote: »
    The one thing I earned from sitting Constitutional was - do not try and predict what is going to come up - the syllabus is too large so there are so many ways of asking a question in one subject. Also, there are constantly new cases and legislation being brought in so it is so hard to predict.

my advice would be this - pick out your topics early
    - start learning off the cases straight away
    -use the exam grid to predict, but also choose topics that are current, and also ones that interest you as it would make it easier to learn (imo)
    - on the day of the exam watch your time carefully - these questions are designed in a way that there seems to be many possible answers and there is no time to answer everything you know. write for about 25 mins a question and then go back over them at the end. If you get a question where you know so much information you could spend a long time answering it and not giving enough time to do a 5th question

Constitutional made me loose the will to live, but just keep reading over and over and over your notes and get up to date cases and you will pass it!

Adding to this, don’t be afraid to mention current events when answering the questions. This sitting I passed constitutional first time with 60% and I was afraid that mentioning events like Golfgate in my answer about judicial independence could work against me but subject to my script revealing otherwise, I think he does like when candidates are aware of what’s going on in the news and why such questions are topical.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭FE1new

Hi All

A lot of kind people on here helped me by sending on notes when I was stuck so if anyone needs notes I have materials I used to pass EU, Criminal, Property, Contract and Company. Just PM me and I can send for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 FEONE

Snip; removed link to copyrighted material. Please do not post links or attachments to such material.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

Corrected scripts for sale for Company, EU and Property in the November 2020 sitting. Marks from mid 50's - 60
    PM for details

This is astonishingly grim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭TCPIP

Say what you will about selling manuals, papers, etc., especially when they're paperback and you've paid for them.

But selling your own exam script is on another level of grift.

Especially since in most cases it won't resemble the October papers. But fools and money as they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Bantz_Control

TCPIP wrote: »
    Especially since in most cases it won't resemble the October papers. But fools and money as they say.

More like preying on desperate people. None of us are rich here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭fe12021

Starting constitutional now in the next week or so, want to give myself plenty of time! Should I prepare essays and if I should, what would people recommend to prepare?

it's quite a tricky one to prep essays for, aside from AG/president and interpretation like someone said above - and it seems like the examiner is moving away from those topics. there was an essay q on the last paper on sthg that wasn't even on the syllabus...judicial council or sthg like that? actually think that was worth complaining about lol.

my friend sent me notes from the examiner's lecture a day or two before the exam if anyone wants them along with his powerpoint presentation. it covered recent case law. email me on fe1stopshop@gmail.com if so, i can't always check my boards dms

agree re case notes. i wouldn't have passed without that i don't think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭fe12021

on another note, received screenshots of a total of 110 euro of donations to FLAC, Jigsaw, UNICEF, Pieta House so far. if you wanna pay for anything consider this and not marked scripts :)

digital manuals - equity, eu, company, const.
    suggesting min 5 euro per manual to charity of your choice, but any amount is fine, and no pressure to donate at all if you can't!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mydogwentroof

Is the next sitting in October?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 lcs3

Corrected scripts for sale for Company, EU and Property in the November 2020 sitting. Marks from mid 50's - 60
    PM for details

For sale... there has been a lot of kindness including people sharing scripts for free. Don’t think this is the place for that

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

Is the next sitting in October?

Yes it is !!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭bluerthanu

PM for details

I'm finished with the FE1's now thankfully (and assumed I would never again post here), but I've come on here every so often the last few days to check my messages to send on all my notes for free to the people who replied to my offer last Friday. I've never once on this thread directed my comments towards someone personally but, honestly, I'm mortified for you selling your scripts.

These exams are a waste of time and money, but attempting to extract a profit from the actual process of sitting them is unscrupulously low. It doesn't bode well for the ethicality of your future career as a lawyer (a profession that, I'm afraid to say, reputationally has poor standards at present).

It costs absolutely f**k all to just be a decent human being and assist others who have to sit these horrible exams. Life has enough money robbing characters without people on here trying to sell that stuff (and the moderators should reflect on whether this should be facilitated).

I join with all the other offerors on here with my four scripts (56, 60, 63, 61) and feel free to get in touch with me later in the year for my four others when I get them back (all 60+). I'd encourage everyone else to try also do that costless gesture if you're comfortable with it, and ensure there exists no profitable market for exam scripts (!).

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Leo796

I have updated Constitutional notes, sample answers, reports etc; If anyone needs them just message me your email and I’ll send them on 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭RebeccaM90

Thanks

Has anyone received the payment link? I emailed asking for a recheck but didn't submit a form. There doesn't seem to be one online?

Received this today and paid the fee. Fingers crossed and good luck to all rechecking

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Lawlz

Hi all,

I have 2019/2020 city colleges manuals in absolutely perfect condition for:

Equity
    Constitutional
    Contract
    Criminal

These were my lifeline for passing!

Please DM me if interested :-)

Anyone else get their Script back this morning for Property and think it was harshly marked?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Oisin_FE12021

RebeccaM90 wrote: »
    Anyone else get their Script back this morning for Property and think it was harshly marked?

Yes. The only answer I got 10 in was the perfect answer… in my opinion haha

Was property the first exam in March? I'm wondering if that's going to be the order they send out scripts?

Yes. The only answer I got 10 in was the perfect answer… in my opinion haha

I'm the exact same, I couldn't have written anything else for my best answer and got 10 marks :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Sip Sip Hooray

TCPIP wrote: »
    Was property the first exam in March? I'm wondering if that's going to be the order they send out scripts?

No, I’d say it is in the order you applied. I emailed before 11:15 last Friday and got my Equity and Company scripts back on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

No, I’d say it is in the order you applied. I emailed before 11:15 last Friday and got my Equity and Company scripts back on Wednesday.

I emailed at 8.30 that morning and have received nothing, I've sat property and equity! I thought ibwas being smart getting the request in early but obviously not!

awsah wrote: »
    I emailed at 8.30 that morning and have received nothing, I've sat property and equity! I thought ibwas being smart getting the request in early but obviously not!

I emailed the 19th and have heard nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭lawDani

is the email to request copy scripts just the general fe1 email?

also, is anybody else having trouble applying for the recheck through the link sent?

lawDani wrote: »
    is the email to request copy scripts just the general fe1 email?

also, is anybody else having trouble applying for the recheck through the link sent?

The email for scripts is fe1dataprivacy@lawsociety.ie, you need to state your candidate number, your name and which exam script you wish to view. You also need to attach photo ID.

I had trouble with the recheck link but if you refresh the page it should eventually work.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭lawDani

The email for scripts is fe1dataprivacy@lawsociety.ie, you need to state your candidate number, your name and which exam script you wish to view. You also need to attach photo ID.

I had trouble with the recheck link but if you refresh the page it should eventually work.

thanks a mill. the recheck is working now and ive applied ;
    anybody ever jump up from 44 in equity? LAWL.

Good luck to all the recheckers!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

Agree! I’ll be sending it off for a recheck but won’t be holding my breath. I wasn’t brought up last sitting but I genuinely felt I did much better this sitting so I’ll live in hope!

Agree! I’ll be sending it off for a recheck but won’t be holding my breath. I wasn’t brought up last sitting but I genuinely felt I did much better this sitting so I’ll live in hope!

Very best of luck with it. May I ask how you did? I'm living in hope that I can be brought up 3 marks :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

Very best of luck with it. May I ask how you did? I'm living in hope that I can be brought up 3 marks :confused:

46 last sitting and brought up 0 marks. 46 again this sitting and I’m just praying now!

• Advertisement

I got 12/20 each on two answers where I don't know what else I could possibly have put down. I did get a couple of details wrong on one of them, so fair enough, but I still think 12 was a bit low. Not that I expected to get 100% on them (lol!), but does anyone else think it should be at least within the realm of human potential to get 100%? I kind of thought the definition of 100% was getting all potential marks, but if the most someone could possibly get on a question is say 16... then it should be marked out of 16, not 20. The way these are marked I find it so hard to judge what a good answer is.

Advertisement