Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭TCPIP

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fe1ki5

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Legalapples

Hope this is okay to post, selling the following:

- City Colleges Tort manual 2019-2020
    - City Colleges Equity manual 2020-2021
    - City Colleges Company manual 2020-2021 + Companies Act 2018
    - City Colleges Contract manual 2020-2021 + both acts needed for exam

PM for more info

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Fe1ak

would anyone who sat tort in the last sitting have the paper or remember what came up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭fe12021

hey, i have some really detailed notes from a friend who got 70s in all her papers for all the subjects a couple of years ago. dm me or email fe1stopshop@gmail.com if you'd like them. i think you can use them as substitutes for manuals, so may ask for min. 2 euro donations to a charity of your choice but this isn't obligatory . she put in a hell of a lot of work into them and i've asked her permission to distribute them with the aim of helping candidates/raising money for charities but am ofc more than happy to just send them along if you'd rather not do that

• Advertisement

Fe1ak wrote: »
    would anyone who sat tort in the last sitting have the paper or remember what came up?

i remember a pq on defamation and employer's liability and an essay on public/private nuisance. i've asked for my papers back so can give you a better idea when i get them but i'm sure others will have answered your question by then

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭RebeccaM90

For those requesting rechecks, I just got an email from the Law Society saying that the recheck results are provisionally scheduled for week commencing 28th June.

Best of luck to all!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭TCPIP

Has anybody received their scripts back this week at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lawgrad49

TCPIP wrote: »

Nope, still waiting. I requested my scripts at like 1pm on the day of results and just got 2 automated responses to say they are very busy etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

Fe1ak wrote: »

Essay on private v public nuisance
    Essay on damages
    PQ on employers liability
    PQ on defamation
    PQ on negligence/vicarious liability/economic loss (there were a few interpretations of this q not sure which one ended up being the right one)
    PQ on occupiers liability
    Essay on concurrent wrongdoers
    PQ on either professional negligence or trespass to the person (didnt do this one but remember there were people who answered this q on both of those areas so not sure which one it was)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 FEONE

If anyone needs a law school contract manual 2020/21 or a companies act 24 dm me !

• Registered Users Posts: 31 fe1student2803

City Colleges 2020-2021 Criminal, EU and Property manuals available, DM for info

TCPIP wrote: »

Still waiting as well!

received some more donations today, thank you so much everyone.

i've also started an instagram page so that there's a centralised page for tips/faqs etc. will try to post weekly, and will pass on the login details to anyone who'd like to keep it going after september. @fe1stopshop is the handle

I signed up for Company with City Colleges and I sort of regret it now, they don't seem to have their handouts as organised as Law School.

I wonder, does anyone have the revision guide handout from Law School for Company please?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 40 fe1taker1998

Would an old eu manual (spring 2021) be okay to use does anybody think? Not sure

Would an old eu manual (spring 2021) be okay to use does anybody think? Not sure

did you mean spring 2020? in any case, yes def ok, the paper is pretty same-y

appreciate people have far bigger fish to fry, but aiming to share some of the (retrospectively) funny fe-1 stories for a bit of comic relief on instagram. if anyone has any they'd be willing to share (posts will be anonymous), let me know. i imagine online sittings yielded some good ones (i have a few of my own). thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭lawDani

lawDani wrote: »
    would anybody have updated grids for Tort, Company and Equity? :)

hi All, still looking for these if anybody can help :)

hi All, still looking for these if anybody can help :)

I can send you the tort grid if you message me your email address. I don't have the others, sorry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 honeybadger123

Hi Guys,

Apologies if this is the wrong thread, but there is not much information on the hybrid thread so hoping you can help.

I am thinking of doing the hybrid course commencing Dec 21/Jan22. I am just wondering how any of you doing it currently find the workload of PPC1, especially those of you who are working in your training firm during PPC1 as I will be working myself. Do you feel like you are swamped/managing/flying it? Is it enjoyable and/or doable while working full time? Are there any other benefits? TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

Hi Guys,

Apologies if this is the wrong thread, but there is not much information on the hybrid thread so hoping you can help.

I am thinking of doing the hybrid course commencing Dec 21/Jan22. I am just wondering how any of you doing it currently find the workload of PPC1, especially those of you who are working in your training firm during PPC1 as I will be working myself. Do you feel like you are swamped/managing/flying it? Is it enjoyable and/or doable while working full time? Are there any other benefits? TIA

there is a hybrid thread I believe, this thread is for people doing the fe1s so people in the hybrid might not be checking on here as the exams are done...but you might get lucky!

MrH2021 wrote: »
    I can send you the tort grid if you message me your email address. I don't have the others, sorry!

thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 sim1yoyo

I've emailed the Law Soc 3 times now for my Equity script with marking and no response apart from the generic we're busy getting throughthe volume of requests blah blah.

But today I emailed with the subject 'Script and marking' in the email. The generic response I received had the subject line 'Possible Impersonation: script and marking'

Does this mean I had been flagged as a possible impersonation? I though if that was the case I should have gotten 0.

Has anyone else had this issue?

sim1yoyo wrote: »
    I've emailed the Law Soc 3 times now for my Equity script with marking and no response apart from the generic we're busy getting throughthe volume of requests blah blah.

But today I emailed with the subject 'Script and marking' in the email. The generic response I received had the subject line 'Possible Impersonation: script and marking'

Does this mean I had been flagged as a possible impersonation? I though if that was the case I should have gotten 0.

Has anyone else had this issue?

I received mine marked yesterday lunch time from Paula Sheedy. Im not too sure what the possible impersonation, id say you would have failed if they thought of any fraudulent behaviour during the exam though

• Registered Users Posts: 7 honeybadger123

awsah wrote: »
    there is a hybrid thread I believe, this thread is for people doing the fe1s so people in the hybrid might not be checking on here as the exams are done...but you might get lucky!

Thanks a mil awsah, I have posted on the hybrid thread (at least I think its the right one!) but there has been no activity on it since Feb of this year, so not sure if I will get a reply. But I will keep an eye on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 sim1yoyo

I received mine marked yesterday lunch time from Paula Sheedy..

Did you email her directly?

sim1yoyo wrote: »
    Did you email her directly?

no just the data access generic one - my marked script was sent from Paula's email;

p.sheedy@lawsociety.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Creg12

i see the moderators have fallen asleep

discussing different schools is not allowed or selling notes

all that aside - you wont beat val for tort and contract. city college are full of themselves and material is quite poor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

Thanks a mil awsah, I have posted on the hybrid thread (at least I think its the right one!) but there has been no activity on it since Feb of this year, so not sure if I will get a reply. But I will keep an eye on it.

Oh that's annoying! well I hope you get your answers, if I don't come up in recheck in will be hybrid for me so I would be interested to know what people think of it

Advertisement