Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 luluFE1

fe1ki5 wrote: »
    Trying to get a start on Company.

Could anyone offer any suggestions as to high/low priority topics etc? Not sure where to start with it.

From sitting it in March I thought the most high priority topics were
    -Separate Legal Personality/Advantages & Disadvantages of Incorporation (nearly every sitting)
    -Director's Duties (every sitting)
    -Restriction and Disqualification (nearly every sitting)
    -Minority Shareholder Oppression (S.212) (nearly every sitting)
    -Corporate Borrowing (nearly every sitting)

Examinership/Winding-Up, Receivership and Corporate Authority come up a lot as well but they're harder to predict - I would focus on the exam papers and reports if you can because the questions every year are really repetitive!

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fe1ki5

luluFE1 wrote: »
    From sitting it in March I thought the most high priority topics were
    -Separate Legal Personality/Advantages & Disadvantages of Incorporation (nearly every sitting)
    -Director's Duties (every sitting)
    -Restriction and Disqualification (nearly every sitting)
    -Minority Shareholder Oppression (S.212) (nearly every sitting)
    -Corporate Borrowing (nearly every sitting)

Examinership/Winding-Up, Receivership and Corporate Authority come up a lot as well but they're harder to predict - I would focus on the exam papers and reports if you can because the questions every year are really repetitive!

Thanks a mil, that points me in the right direction at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 tommytimber

Can anyone advise where to start with Constitutional? Is there anything I should be focusing on or leaving out?

I did it through Irish in college and the module was fairly narrow compared to the same module taught through English.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Moderation: Just reminding everyone to refrain posting copyrighted material by way of attachment or link. If people persist, there will be bans handed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Bantz_Control

Can anyone advise where to start with Constitutional? Is there anything I should be focusing on or leaving out?

I did it through Irish in college and the module was fairly narrow compared to the same module taught through English.

You studied constitutional law through Irish?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 tommytimber

You studied constitutional law through Irish?!

Indeed, UCC

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

I feel like nearly everything needs to be studied unfortunately. However, an essay on one of constitutional interpretation/the president/ the attorney general should be due! Also family didn’t appear in March so I imagine it could come up in October. Due course of law is a big chunk of the course a lot of people choose to leave out and because it did come up for us in October you could take that chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 KingofTheFE1s

Dont know if your aware but the examiner tends to go with topical stuff/cases. The last sitting had questions involving personal liberty, right to earn a livelihood and freedom of association all of which were obviously topically due to coivd. The paper before that had two full questions that were based around very recent cases which was a bit crap but he is a very fair marker. Probably the nicest marker after Kilcommins, the criminal examiner.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CandyCane_81

Anyone else still waiting to get their scripts back?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭law987

I'm still waiting on all 4 of my scrips, albeit I passed them, and results letters from October and March

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 LawGo123

Still waiting. Also still waiting on a failed paper I wanted to have re checked. Have sent a few emails and no reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

Anyone else still waiting to get their scripts back?

Same, all 4, failed 1 passed 3, il have the recheck back before the paper!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

law987 wrote: »
    I'm still waiting on all 4 of my scrips, albeit I passed them, and results letters from October and March

I am not fully convinced these letters exist. I have passed all my exams in 3 separate sittings and never received one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Zlatorog

NewFe1 wrote: »
    I am not fully convinced these letters exist. I have passed all my exams in 3 separate sittings and never received one.

I got the last of my 8 done in March and I emailed requesting a letter showing that I had passed all exams and received the following response which may explain things:

"Pass letters for the March 2021 sitting are currently being finalised and we hope to send them this week. This letter will contain confirmation that you have passed all exams.

If you are submitting a PPC application, in the case where the letters are not released before the deadline, please be assured that we will provide confirmation of your results directly to the traineeship department so that your application can be accepted.

Your results letters for the August and November 2020 sitting should follow shortly also.

Apologies for the delay and any inconvenience."

• Registered Users Posts: 3 FE1topass

Hi would anyone be nice enough to share updated grids for Constitutional and Tort? Not taking any courses for these so would really appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 LawCopy16

Hey! I am looking for an up to date exam grid for contract law and the company law papers from March 2020, October 2020 and March 2021 if someone has them. I have materials (including my exam scripts from March 2020 for criminal (66%), EU (62%) and Property (65%)) to swap.

LawCopy16 wrote: »
    Hey! I am looking for an up to date exam grid for contract law and the company law papers from March 2020, October 2020 and March 2021 if someone has them. I have materials (including my exam scripts from March 2020 for criminal (66%), EU (62%) and Property (65%)) to swap.

If you want to PM me your email, I can send you the past papers in Company. I have Contract past-papers too if any use.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭fe1prep2021

Anyone have tort or equity exam papers/sample answers and exam grids they can send me?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Fe1ak

Would anyone have any sample answers for EU?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭catonafence

Fe1ak wrote: »
    Would anyone have any sample answers for EU?

I’ll pm you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mydogwentroof

Trying to get a start on Company.

Could anyone offer any suggestions as to high/low priority topics etc? Not sure where to start with it.

Fire away into charges (financing the company) its nice conceptually challenging topic that always comes up in some way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Fe1Examz

Does anyone have a 2020/2021 constitutional manual please? PM me if so

• Registered Users Posts: 4 123chloe

Does anyone know if there’s a thread or anything for those starting PPC1 in September?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 FE1_Hun

Hi guys, doing my first sitting in October and wondering about past papers. Is the only way to access them the Law Society website? They only have 5 papers on there all from 2018-2020 and they obviously cost money which is a pain. Anyone know if they are available elsewhere, especially ones dating back further?

Also, do the ones on the Law Soc website contain all 8 exams?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lawgrad49

FE1_Hun wrote: »
    Hi guys, doing my first sitting in October and wondering about past papers. Is the only way to access them the Law Society website? They only have 5 papers on there all from 2018-2020 and they obviously cost money which is a pain. Anyone know if they are available elsewhere, especially ones dating back further?

Also, do the ones on the Law Soc website contain all 8 exams?

There are plenty of past papers floating around, people on boards or Reddit trading/swapping/ selling etc. If you go baack through this thread, you will see people offering resources. I wouldn't waste your time on buying from LawSoc unless you want them in a booklet form.

Hi guys, planning on sitting Equity in October- for anyone who sat it recently, what was the approach of this new examiner in the March sitting? I think March 21 was the first for this new examiner?

I vaguely remember posters saying they were fair, repeated a few previous questions word for word but injunctions didn't come up (maybe this was Autumn 2020 sitting that inj, didn't come up?) Went over my head at the time because I was doing other subjects.

Conscious that the exam grid might be misleading now as this examiner might put emphasis on certain topics.

lawgrad49 wrote: »
    Hi guys, planning on sitting Equity in October- for anyone who sat it recently, what was the approach of this new examiner in the March sitting? I think March 21 was the first for this new examiner?

I vaguely remember posters saying they were fair, repeated a few previous questions word for word but injunctions didn't come up (maybe this was Autumn 2020 sitting that inj, didn't come up?) Went over my head at the time because I was doing other subjects.

Conscious that the exam grid might be misleading now as this examiner might put emphasis on certain topics.

I sat equity in March, it was the November paper that injunctions did not come up in. I believe 2, or possibly 3 questions were carbon copies of past exam papers. I had constitutional the day before so I wasn't well prepared for equity - I spent the night before just going over exam papers and I got 60%

awsah wrote: »
    I sat equity in March, it was the November paper that injunctions did not come up in. I believe 2, or possibly 3 questions were carbon copies of past exam papers. I had constitutional the day before so I wasn't well prepared for equity - I spent the night before just going over exam papers and I got 60%

Ahh grand, I knew injunctions hadn't come up recently and a few ppl on here were giving off! Good stuff, that's encouraging there were some carbon copies.

I've just started looking over the grids. If anyone on here has the Nov 20/March 21 papers for Contract & Equity send me a DM - I can swap some recent PP's for Company/Constitutional/Tort.

I keep hearing so many horror stories with marking for Equity.

Does anyone have any tips for passing this exam - what is it the marker is after?

thanks

• Advertisement

I keep hearing so many horror stories with marking for Equity.

Does anyone have any tips for passing this exam - what is it the marker is after?

thanks

When I get my script back I will happily send it on

Advertisement