Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭L.E.D

Did anyone get fe7s equity notes? Would appreciate them if they did, can't message cause they're banned

• Registered Users Posts: 35 54321zz

EmmaO94 wrote: »
    Would totally disagree with the lecturer on this one! I really leaned on it - can't imagine having passed the exam without it. Just one example: it sets out all the directors duties so means you don't have to learn them off. Would 100% recommend purchasing, very expensive but worth it.

Ah amazing, don't know why I wouldn't have it then! :o thanks so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Jenosul

Can anyone please tell me what email address they sent their request for a recheck and request for exam papers to? Did you get confirmation that your request was received? Thank you in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Fedone

Jenosul wrote: »
    Can anyone please tell me what email address they sent their request for a recheck and request for exam papers to? Did you get confirmation that your request was received? Thank you in advance.

They never acknowledge requests for exam papers. I’ve requested my papers for the last 2 sittings and each time I haven’t heard anything from them until they sent the scripts. Haven’t done a request for a recheck so I don’t know the procedure there unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

fe1dataprivacy@lawsociety.ie is the email. I got 1 script back from August 3 weeks after I requested it.

Not sure how they're going to send me a marked script for the other 2 I did since they were online and I can foresee them struggling with that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭CoconutHeadMia

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭L.E.D

Property question

Doing succession now, and I'm on the part of inaccuracy of wills and just need clarification cause the manual is confusing me !

So Re Plunketts estate - the legacy was left to "MF now living in France with Uncle M" but MF didn't live in France and never did, CW lived in France with Uncle M. The legacy went to MF because name should control the description.

But in Re calaghan - the gift was left to "my God daughter JW" but CW was his goddaughter and the court gave it to CW

Am I right in saying that the approach has just changed? Or is there a mistake here, I'm sure it's obvious but my brain is fried lol

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭fe1fi20

awsah wrote: »
    I believe EU is the last exam so if you wanted to make it easier on yourself I would just concentrate on the topics that come up regularly and if its an easy paper then you will pass no problem, its very long to be studying the whole thing without cutting out anything. I am doing 4 and I am working full time, best case scenario i pass them and I'm done and I need them done! so if you thin you can pick up the extra work load I would say go for it!

thanks so much... i'm working full time too but with lockdown i have nothing else to do so i may aswell study. that was my train of thought

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Jenosul

Lallers96 wrote: »
    fe1dataprivacy@lawsociety.ie is the email. I got 1 script back from August 3 weeks after I requested it.

Not sure how they're going to send me a marked script for the other 2 I did since they were online and I can foresee them struggling with that

Thank you for the info. Do you email just the fe1section@lawsociety.ie for the recheck then could you please tell me? I am not sure as I know we have to pay for recheck also and am aware there is a fee. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 RaffRiff01

if i am not mistaken, i think you can not bring the Bloomsbury version because it contains commentary, it says so in the Fe1 Permitted Legislations page. but then again, im open to corrections as i havent took Company yet, just basing of the fact that it says on Law Society website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 FE1Rookies

Hey, can anyone give any advice for Contract. Topics must cover/can leave out? Any help is much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 BugsySiegel

FE1Rookies wrote: »
    Hey, can anyone give any advice for Contract. Topics must cover/can leave out? Any help is much appreciated.

Short syllabus, I ended up covering nearly everything cus had time and wanted a choice in the exam. Get a grid, start with the topics that come up most often and work your way down to the least examined. All the topics are fairly short and can be covered in a couple of hours. Definitely practice questions and check examiner reports for that one as the issues can be somewhat disguised and there is a mix of topics in a lot of the problem questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭FE1s2021

Thank you for the info. Do you email just the fe1section@lawsociety.ie for the recheck then could you please tell me? I am not sure as I know we have to pay for recheck also and am aware there is a fee. Thanks again.

You need to email fe1recheck@lawsociety.ie with a copy of the recheck application form and your passport/drivers licence. They will then reply to you with the details to transfer the money.

You will be able to find a copy of the application form on the page were you accessed your results. Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭SKLaw

FE1Rookies wrote: »
    Short syllabus, I ended up covering nearly everything cus had time and wanted a choice in the exam. Get a grid, start with the topics that come up most often and work your way down to the least examined. All the topics are fairly short and can be covered in a couple of hours. Definitely practice questions and check examiner reports for that one as the issues can be somewhat disguised and there is a mix of topics in a lot of the problem questions.

I agree with this and also just to add on, when you’re looking at the exam questions. Try to see first if you can identify the topics that pop up in the question and then try to answer it. Then refer to the exam reports and exam grid to see if you identified it correctly. It helps boost your confidence a bit that you’re on the right track :)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭LawLearnin

RaffRiff01 wrote: »
    if i am not mistaken, i think you can not bring the Bloomsbury version because it contains commentary, it says so in the Fe1 Permitted Legislations page. but then again, im open to corrections as i havent took Company yet, just basing of the fact that it says on Law Society website.

There are two Bloomsbury editions - one is just the Companies Act and the other is a 'Professional Guide to the Companies Act' (or something along those lines). The latter is the one with the commentary and is not allowed for the exam, but if you just have the plain ol' Companies Act version then it's grand.

L.E.D wrote: »
    Property question

Doing succession now, and I'm on the part of inaccuracy of wills and just need clarification cause the manual is confusing me !

So Re Plunketts estate - the legacy was left to "MF now living in France with Uncle M" but MF didn't live in France and never did, CW lived in France with Uncle M. The legacy went to MF because name should control the description.

But in Re calaghan - the gift was left to "my God daughter JW" but CW was his goddaughter and the court gave it to CW

Am I right in saying that the approach has just changed? Or is there a mistake here, I'm sure it's obvious but my brain is fried lol

Seems like there was a mistake in Re Callaghan. Can’t really remember the facts of the case so I’m just going with what you said here. I believe that where there’s a mistake in the will, the court will grant the legacy according to the deceased’s true intention when he/she made the will which is maybe why it was granted to CW as she was the goddaughter and I assume maybe that JW was a typo?

FE1s2021 wrote: »
    You need to email fe1recheck@lawsociety.ie with a copy of the recheck application form and your passport/drivers licence. They will then reply to you with the details to transfer the money.

You will be able to find a copy of the application form on the page were you accessed your results. Hope this helps!

As far as I know the ID is just needed to see your scripts, for data protection reasons. No ID needed for recheck, just the application form initially and then the fee when they send you the bank details. FE1recheck email is for rechecks and fe1dataprivacy@lawsociety.ie for your scripts!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭WesternC123

Contract

For Agency, does anyone know if the express authority has to be in writing or can it be verbal?

As far as I know the ID is just needed to see your scripts, for data protection reasons. No ID needed for recheck, just the application form initially and then the fee when they send you the bank details. FE1recheck email is for rechecks and fe1dataprivacy@lawsociety.ie for your scripts!

Yes sorry you are right on the ID!

Contract

For Agency, does anyone know if the express authority has to be in writing or can it be verbal?

From what I can remember, I don’t think it has to be in writing. It can be both

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Lozg

Hi guys, I have tried to contact the OPW to order the legislation for contract but can’t get through to them at all. Has anyone had any luck in ordering from the OPW?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Lawstudent123

Does anyone know whether its better to have the bloombury version of the companies act or the official OPW version?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Twinings2016

Hey!

Anyone have any predictions for Tort.. or just thinking everything? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭maggie95

Does anyone know whether its better to have the bloombury version of the companies act or the official OPW version?

I don't think it matters really - I had the Bloombury version and it's kinda nice and compact, whereas the official OPW version comes in like two volumes or something and is A4 size so to me just seemed messier and larger!

Lozg wrote: »
    Hi guys, I have tried to contact the OPW to order the legislation for contract but can’t get through to them at all. Has anyone had any luck in ordering from the OPW?

I just kept trying and eventually got through, the first few times it wasn't even ringing and was just going straight to an automated message.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭fe1fi20

any one need the contract legislation? Sale of Goods Act 1893 and the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980
    looking to swap for property legislation and constitution or can sell it
    PM for details

Mod
    Pls, no trading on this forum

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭FE1new

Hi Guys

I emailed the OPW at publications@opw.ie and they came straight back. They are closed at the moment so they asked me what I needed and explained they going to go in on 27 January to dispatch legislation for exams. Also if anyone needs the company legislation there is 20% off on the Bloomsbury website https://www.bloomsburyprofessional.com/ie/companies-act-2014-2018-edition-9781526509222/

Hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 examsfe12021

Anyone who has filled out the recheck form - what did you guys put for exam number? I cant remember if we got one?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭LawLearnin

Anyone who has filled out the recheck form - what did you guys put for exam number? I cant remember if we got one?

I didn't get one for the Nov sitting so left it blank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭fe1prep2021

Does anybody have any advice on the case note question on the constitutional law paper? Is it a good idea to do this question?

Advertisement