Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 moeby

lawmay wrote: »
    Would anyone have the topics that came up in the last November 2020 sitting for EU? Thanks!

Direct effect/Msl problem style
    Art 34 fmog problem style
    That same essay on plauman v commission
    That same essay on mergers
    Citizenship problem style question
    That same essay question on how human rights have changed from 1950s onwards.

Can’t remember the last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 keelfe1s

moeby wrote: »
    Direct effect/Msl problem style
    Art 34 fmog problem style
    That same essay on plauman v commission
    That same essay on mergers
    Citizenship problem style question
    That same essay question on how human rights have changed from 1950s onwards.

Can’t remember the last one.

And same essay question on institutions and Lisbon Treaty

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭caius97

Hey, what are people revising for the EU paper in March? Any predictions? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭AlexTG356

If your grade goes up to a pass on a recheck, do you get your recheck fee back?

Anyone manage to source any sample answers for Constitutional? Panicking at this stage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Creg12

AlexTG356 wrote: »
    If your grade goes up to a pass on a recheck, do you get your recheck fee back?

yep

• Registered Users Posts: 14 fe12020grad

Does anyone have any thoughts/suggestions on what topics to cover for the March company exam?

So far I'm looking at:
    1. Companies Acts 2014
    2. Separate Legal Personality/Advantages & Disadvantages of Incorporation
    3. Corporate Authority
    4. Director's Duties/Types
    5. Shareholder Rights and Remedies
    6. Corporate Borrowing/Charges
    7. Winding Up
    8. Distribution of Assets upon Winding Up

Any suggestions on other topics to cover?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

Does anyone have any thoughts/suggestions on what topics to cover for the March company exam?

So far I'm looking at:
    1. Companies Acts 2014
    2. Separate Legal Personality/Advantages & Disadvantages of Incorporation
    3. Corporate Authority
    4. Director's Duties/Types
    5. Shareholder Rights and Remedies
    6. Corporate Borrowing/Charges
    7. Winding Up
    8. Distribution of Assets upon Winding Up

Any suggestions on other topics to cover?
    Thanks!

I’d throw in examinership/receivers - receivers came up last March b it it’s sort and easy to learn

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭TCPIP

Thanks everyone for your patience. I haven't quite worked out the bugs with the software I'm using to make a full breakdown of the results yet. Effectively I'm trying to do the following:

Mean results
    Pass rate
    Correlate the exams people have taken and trying to work out what combinations of subjects are most successful

In the meantime I have uploaded very raw data to the link below so everyone can see a bar graph that shows the results and the distribution of same.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o49mboppwguapju/Results.pdf?dl=0

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

TCPIP wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for your patience. I haven't quite worked out the bugs with the software I'm using to make a full breakdown of the results yet. Effectively I'm trying to do the following:

Mean results
    Pass rate
    Correlate the exams people have taken and trying to work out what combinations of subjects are most successful

In the meantime I have uploaded very raw data to the link below so everyone can see a bar graph that shows the results and the distribution of same.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zgacg7cjooq5f4e/Results.png?dl=0

Have u just done EU and company for now I can’t seem to see constitutional

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭TCPIP

Go again, issue with the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 donners87

still not working for me. says it was deleted? - ignore, got in.
    can see Equity and Property. thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 biglawhead420

TCPIP wrote: »
    Go again, issue with the link.

Thank you so much for this info TCPIP.

I am only seeing property and equity right now, is that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 tp20363

laworlawww wrote: »
    I think 4 subjects in 4 months would definitely be doable! Especially if you're a law graduate so you're not starting from scratch

Thanks for the input! Checking to see if this would be overly optimistic

• Registered Users Posts: 45 examsfe12021

does anyone know what topics came up on the equity paper in November?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

does anyone know what topics came up on the equity paper in November?[/

There was a note question with the rule in strong v bird, Hastings- bass and one other and you did two Problem q on estoppel Problem q re undue influence Essay in trusteeship Problem question on donatio mortis causa Problem q on charitable trusts and cy pres

I can’t remember the other two but I think there was a specific performance question

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Coopie

What do people think will come up for Constitutional?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 FE1Nov20

Re TC’s - Has anyone secured an interview with MJ Staines yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 feliznavidab

Hey guys,

Does anyone have any idea what the workload is like for PPC 1? How many hours per week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭lawgirl23

FE1Nov20 wrote: »
    Re TC’s - Has anyone secured an interview with MJ Staines yet?

Got PFO yesterday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lawgrad49

In 'pre Covid times' what was the general timeframe for the Past Papers & Examiner reports to be released after that sitting and available on Law Soc website?

I assume the examiner writes his report shortly after correcting all scripts...given November results are now out would the examiner reports not be done and easily put up on the website for sale? Do they wait for rechecks or something?

Wondering is there any chance we get the recent reports before the March sitting.

P.s. Trying to get my hands on the Nov Company Law Paper if anyone has sourced it? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Creg12

lawgrad49 wrote: »
    In 'pre Covid times' what was the general timeframe for the Past Papers & Examiner reports to be released after that sitting and available on Law Soc website?

I assume the examiner writes his report shortly after correcting all scripts...given November results are now out would the examiner reports not be done and easily put up on the website for sale? Do they wait for rechecks or something?

Wondering is there any chance we get the recent reports before the March sitting.

P.s. Trying to get my hands on the Nov Company Law Paper if anyone has sourced it? Thanks!

They can be slow at the best of times. I have faith they will be out before the next exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Lawlz

Hi all, I have Blackstones EU Treaties and Leg if anyone would like to buy it.

I also have property legislation.

DM me!

Mod
    Please do not trade thru' this forum,

• Registered Users Posts: 37 tippertruck

I am still looking for any notes I can get on EU law. Blackstone Treaties as well. Can't DM to the above as I haven't posted enough on this forum

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Lawlz

I am still looking for any notes I can get on EU law. Blackstone Treaties as well. Can't DM to the above as I haven't posted enough on this forum

I have both! Not sure why you can’t DM, I messaged your account there anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Mc96

Would anyone have examiner reports for Tort? Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lawmay

Would anyone happen to know the topics that came up for the November 2020 sitting in Contract? Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Mc96

lawmay wrote: »
    Would anyone happen to know the topics that came up for the November 2020 sitting in Contract? Thank you!

Frustration, exclusion clauses, estoppel all came up. I can't remember the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭AlexTG356

Mc96 wrote: »
    Frustration, exclusion clauses, estoppel all came up. I can't remember the others.

Undue influence and mistake too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Study.Life

Hi all,

I am looking for up to date sample answers for Constitutional/ Equity from Griffith college and if possible the lawschool.ie topic priority lists. If any one can help me out please DM, I have nutshell notes that I'm happy to swap for all subjects.

Advertisement