Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭FE1_2020_

Mc96 wrote: »
    I also didn't do Undue Influence and opted for the notes question. I got 6/10 for rectification note and 7/10 for Strong v Bird note.

Very good, I dunno where I went wrong as that was my only question that I was doubtful about in terms of marks, but it seems people have scored reasonably well in that question. Obviously I know people can produce different levels depth for that question its trying gauge what depth is suffice for a note. Anyway, like I said previously, I'll just be speculating on my paper until I see it.

Cheers for your input.

No problem haha I can copay and paste the answer in the chat I think !

Reading over my answers they’re actually short enough and quite basic

That would be perfect in your own time, thanks a million :)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Lovestolisten

Mc96 wrote: »
    I got my equity script back this morning and only requested it on 22 January. Maybe they're doing it in order of subject rather than first come first served.

I applied to view Equity and Company so not sure how their issuing the scripts. I applied to view on the day we receive the results

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

I applied to view Equity and Company so not sure how their issuing the scripts. I applied to view on the day we receive the results

I think they do it by candidate number so each exam yo I sat you have a different number so for equity I was in the teens so I think that’s why I got it today

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

I more or less wrote out a Griffith College sample answer for the question on trustee's duties and got 6/20 so they might not be the best answers to go off! If anyone has their equity script with a decent score for question 2, would they mind sending me it?

• Advertisement

There seems to be a block on copying the questions and answers on the PDF they sent me - anyone else have that issue ?

I think they do it by candidate number so each exam yo I sat you have a different number so for equity I was in the teens so I think that’s why I got it today

I didn’t get a candidate number for this years sitting. I didn’t even get an email to say I had been enrolled ! I just got an email the morning of the exams to say the exam was available.

I emailed and called 1000000 times trying to get it sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

I got my script back for Contract, but the marks are being sent separately. I got 54, not stellar but I will post it here if people want to view it and maybe compare answers or marks.

I didn’t get a candidate number for this years sitting. I didn’t even get an email to say I had been enrolled ! I just got an email the morning of the exams to say the exam was available.

I emailed and called 1000000 times trying to get it sorted

No you’re not told it the computer just gave everyone one so that the examiner doesn’t know your name so like it’s candidate 10 exam script and so on

All I had was my ID number because I had previously sat FE1s

Lallers96 wrote: »
    I got my script back for Contract, but the marks are being sent separately. I got 54, not stellar but I will post it here if people want to view it and maybe compare answers or marks.

If you can do that would be great stuff, thanks.

• Advertisement

No you’re not told it the computer just gave everyone one so that the examiner doesn’t know your name so like it’s candidate 10 exam script and so on

All I had was my ID number because I had previously sat FE1s

Oh ! I see , yes have my same ID for past two years also. Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Lightup1

Has anybody else applied for the recheck and not sent on the money yet? Would really prefer to see the papers before I transfer it over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭lawgirl23

NewFe1 wrote: »
    I more or less wrote out a Griffith College sample answer for the question on trustee's duties and got 6/20 so they might not be the best answers to go off! If anyone has their equity script with a decent score for question 2, would they mind sending me it?

I got 5 on that question! I too would appreciate seeing a decent score for Question 2!

lawgirl23 wrote: »
    I got 5 on that question! I too would appreciate seeing a decent score for Question 2!

Can I ask what you wrote for that question ?

I set mine out as remuneration, profit, and then the fair dealing and self dealing rules

NewFe1 wrote: »

Can I ask what you wrote for that question ?

I set mine out as remuneration, profit, and then the fair dealing and self dealing rules

Company paper in November 2020
    Equity paper in November 2020

What were the topics for each question if anyone remembers ??

I obviously answered on what I thought were the correct topics , but I failed so I either gave rubbish answers or I was off on identifying the areas. Lol !!

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭LawLearnin

Got my equity paper back from the LS just there, it was marked by internal and external. There are a few places where there are a series of numbers together, does anyone know if that means it's where the internal and external disagreed and so they took some sort of in-between mark? for example, one place has 3.5 6 4 in a spot where they gave me 4 marks for that segment of the question

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Mc96

I obviously answered on what I thought were the correct topics , but I failed so I either gave rubbish answers or I was off on identifying the areas. Lol !!

Thanks in advance

I got my equity paper back today, I got 62%. If you would like to have a look over it to see the topics I answered with just send me a private message with your email and I will forward it to you!

Thanks in advance

Equity
    Q1- problem q re charitable trusts
    Q2- essay on trustee duties - quote from bray v Ford - not to make a profit or put himself in position where interest and duty conflict
    Q3 problem q re resulting trust and presumption of advancement
    Q4 - problem q DMC
    Q5- essay on certainty of objects and one other of your choice
    Q6- problem q re undue influence
    Q7- note q - strong v bird, Hastings-bass and equities approach to the rectification of unilateral mistakes by parties by agreement
    Q8- problem re estoppel

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭FE1new

Just got my equity back there and half of it isn't marked. The ones that are marked are strange. 1 is marked 10 and then that is crossed out and it says 6. Another is 9 and then crossed out to 6. It only references one marker which is internal. If they had stuck to my original marks I would have passed but it seems I was marked down?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭bluerthanu

I also got my equity script back today and the marking is slightly strange (to the extent it is shown). I got 58, if someone wants to see the script just to compare for their study, drop me an email and I'll send it on (albeit it may not be any help!).

bluerthanu wrote: »
    I also got my equity script back today and the marking is slightly strange (to the extent it is shown). I got 58, if someone wants to see the script just to compare for their study, drop me an email and I'll send it on (albeit it may not be any help!).

Was yours marked by both examiners ?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭bluerthanu

Was yours marked by both examiners ?

Nope, just internal (they don't go to external unless you fail on the first marking with internal afaik but I could be wrong).

I feel like the LS FE1’s is some kind of crazy pyramid scheme ..
    you get so far in that you can’t face backing out but it will cost my life savings and mental health to continue ...

bluerthanu wrote: »
    Nope, just internal (they don't go to external unless you fail on the first marking with internal afaik but I could be wrong).

Oh didn’t know that

Yeah mine only was intern but not much markings on it just one number after each answer

FE1new wrote: »
    Just got my equity back there and half of it isn't marked. The ones that are marked are strange. 1 is marked 10 and then that is crossed out and it says 6. Another is 9 and then crossed out to 6. It only references one marker which is internal. If they had stuck to my original marks I would have passed but it seems I was marked down?

What this a script viewing or recheck you got ?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭FE1new

Just the copy of my paper. Don't think the recheck results have been given.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Fe119

I got my Equity paper back today. It was only corrected by the internal examiner. I got 39% so probably no point in rechecking but I was marked very harshly for Q2 with 4 marks when I definitely deserved more!

On the plus side we can look forward to a juicy Injunctions Q in March!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Fe119

I must say that Qs 7&8 were very harshly marked in Company. I got 6 and 7 marks respectively for loads of information! Did anyone else think the same?

• Advertisement

My company marks are painful
    Question 1 8%
    Question 2 6%
    Question 3 -
    Question 4 -
    Question 5 -
    Question 6 5%
    Question 7 10%
    Question 8 8%

I must of been absolutely way off on my topics , can anyone tell me what each question the topics were

Advertisement