Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Coopie

When do people think we will have the recheck results?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 2020FE1

Fe119 wrote: »
    I must say that Qs 7&8 were very harshly marked in Company. I got 6 and 7 marks respectively for loads of information! Did anyone else think the same?

This seems to be the case with my script too. I got 3 12’s for my first 3 questions. Then a 6 and a 7 for questions 7&8!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭LeagleEagle747

Received my equity paper today, 11, 11, 11 then 9. And then 0 for my final one. I had gotten the incorrect topic which I completely put my hands up to, but still managed to argue my way using relevant case law so a bit disappointed as only needed 8 marks. Would be lovely if we received attempt marks 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 28 jcarroll9

Am I right in thinking that there is a new equity examiner? If there is, could somebody please let me know when they started?

While I'm here if anybody has the Equity papers from 2020 I would be very grateful!!

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

jcarroll9 wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking that there is a new equity examiner? If there is, could somebody please let me know when they started?

While I'm here if anybody has the Equity papers from 2020 I would be very grateful!!

Thanks in advance.

Yeah a new one started just in November I think !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 JPEGJULY

I feel the same way reading through my Company marking. Would really appreciate if someone could list the topics because I cannot understand how low some of my answers have been marked other than that I still don't understand what was being asked.
    My company marks are painful
    Question 1 8%
    Question 2 6%
    Question 3 -
    Question 4 -
    Question 5 -
    Question 6 5%
    Question 7 10%
    Question 8 8%

I must of been absolutely way off on my topics , can anyone tell me what each question the topics were

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

JPEGJULY wrote: »
    I feel the same way reading through my Company marking. Would really appreciate if someone could list the topics because I cannot understand how low some of my answers have been marked other than that I still don't understand what was being asked.

What questions did you do and what topics did you pick for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 donners87

Yeah a new one started just in November I think !
    who is the new Equity examiner??

donners87 wrote: »
    who is the new Equity examiner??

It was Noel McGrath in November

Received property but no markings - to come separate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

Question 1 8%
    Question 2 6%
    Question 3 -
    Question 4 -
    Question 5 -
    Question 6 5%
    Question 7 10%
    Question 8 8%

I must of been absolutely way off on my topics , can anyone tell me what each question the topics were

Mine were:

Question 1 - 10
    Question 2 - 6
    Question 3 - 8
    Question 4 -
    Question 5 -
    Question 6
    Question 7 - 8
    Question 8 - 11

What were we supposed to write about for the incorporation question?

Also, for the protection of minorities question (Q.2), what did the people who did well discuss? I had s.212, Greenore Trading, Re Visiting Motorists, Re Skytours and also discussed s.31 for part B.

How long r people waiting for their markings once they get their scripts back?

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

Lallers96 wrote: »
    I got my script back for Contract, but the marks are being sent separately. I got 54, not stellar but I will post it here if people want to view it and maybe compare answers or marks.

Just got my Property script aswell, which I got 55 in. Again still waiting on marks for both as they are being sent separately. I'll share them both here as I see a few are asking for it to be emailed, so it's just easier to share it here to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭maggie95

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    Mine were:

Question 1 - 10
    Question 2 - 6
    Question 3 - 8
    Question 4 -
    Question 5 -
    Question 6
    Question 7 - 8
    Question 8 - 11

Also, for the protection of minorities question (Q.2), what did the people who did well discuss? I had s.212, Greenore Trading, Re Visiting Motorists, Re Skytours and also discussed s.31 for part B.

I got a 12 in the incorporation Q and I'm pretty sure I just got my answer from one of the firms' websites before the exam. I talked about things like:
    - separate identity and the effects this would have on his personal liability and corporate liability;
    - capacity to sue as a company;
    - ability to own property;
    - corporate borrowing;
    - tax purposes and
    - perpetual succession

For disadvantages I wrote about:
    - catering of CA for big companies > SMEs
    - directors' duties - criminal and civil consequences;
    - corporate borrowing - again, SMEs

Consequences:
    - s17 CA
    - s31 CA

For each adv/disadv/consequence, I went into detail about the practical effects, like the day-by-day differences of incorporation, so essentially I weighted each part by how likely the business owner was to face them

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭FE1s2021

Does anyone have any idea of how long it will take to get the markings for their script

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Costello95

Can I ask what you wrote for Q1? Directors duties. I wrote about s223, 228, 231, 232. Am I way off the mark here?
    LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    Mine were:

Question 1 - 10
    Question 2 - 6
    Question 3 - 8
    Question 4 -
    Question 5 -
    Question 6
    Question 7 - 8
    Question 8 - 11

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JPEGJULY

Q1: Fiduciary Duties
    Q2: (A) Minority Shareholder Oppression (B) Potential of an injunction order against BPP Ltd
    Q5: Ostensible Authority
    Q7: (A) Advantages and Disadvantages of Incorporation (B) Not sure really but primarily focused on the development of exceptions to SLP
    Q8: Share Transfer and Registration of Shares
    awsah wrote: »
    What questions did you do and what topics did you pick for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 sunnylegal

Anyone else think some of the end of their answers are missing?

sunnylegal wrote: »

Mine seem to be fine - just waiting on EU now

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Lovestolisten

I have made a decision; I can’t keep doing this to myself.

I’ve looked over my scrips, hit all the topics, hit all the precedent / authority but still missing by 3-4% everytime.

I’ve already passed
    Contract , Criminal, Tort and Property in the mid to high 60’s

I actually passed Property 4 times !!

I’ve studied constantly for 3 years to only pass 4 exams.
    Have a B.A Hons in Law where I passed all of these exams well into the 70’s !

I reckon these exams just aren’t for me, I’m hanging up my hat and not doing anymore.

This whole process has just taken all the joy of out of life ! I didn’t even enjoy the passes anymore.

That’s my final rant !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Lightup1

sunnylegal wrote: »

Apparently I finished some of my answers with " to conclude... "

There is not a hope in hell I wrote .... in these exams

I’ve looked over my scrips, hit all the topics, hit all the precedent / authority but still missing by 3-4% everytime.

I’ve already passed

I reckon these exams just aren’t for me, I’m hanging up my hat and not doing anymore.

This whole process has just taken all the joy of out of life ! I didn’t even enjoy the passes anymore.

That’s my final rant !!

I feel for you man!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

Costello95 wrote: »
    Can I ask what you wrote for Q1? Directors duties. I wrote about s223, 228, 231, 232. Am I way off the mark here?

I just wrote about rule in Percival v Wright and the exceptions to that rule and got 13 on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ozymandias98

I have a massive bundle of constitutional law notes available for anyone interested. It includes comprehensive notes that I used to pass the exam - Includes notes on every topic, exam papers, revision guides, supplemental case law documents etc

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Iso_123

Question 1 8%
    Question 2 6%
    Question 3 -
    Question 4 -
    Question 5 -
    Question 6 5%
    Question 7 10%
    Question 8 8%

I can send you my script if you'd like? I got 62 and got my marks back per question yesterday. I know 62 isn't like model answer material but it might be of some help. Dm me if you want it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭catonafence

I’ve already passed

That’s my final rant !!
    I would really really urge you not to give up. I can’t speak for the unfairness of what you’ve been put through. However if you give up now the exams will have been for nothing. Keep going please, you are nearly there!!!! Lean on the rest of us if you need support.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

I’ve already passed

That’s my final rant !!

It just seems like if you do really well in a question, you get 12/20. How can they mark them so that nobody gets above like 75%? I just don't get it. Why does a perfectly good answer get like 12 and not 16?

One of my answers in equity had a good intro, used all the relevant cases and tied them back to the question at hand, advised correctly and had a good conclusion. A very good answer imo having got my script back and compared it to the manuals. I got 9/20. A literal fail. The way these are marked is just absurd.

NewFe1 wrote: »
    It just seems like if you do really well in a question, you get 12/20. How can they mark them so that nobody gets above like 75%? I just don't get it. Why does a perfectly good answer get like 12 and not 16?

One of my answers in equity had a good intro, used all the relevant cases and tied them back to the question at hand, advised correctly and had a good conclusion. A very good answer imo having got my script back and compared it to the manuals. I got 9/20. A literal fail. The way these are marked is just absurd.

Yeah I don’t know how they’re marked- in equity for the question on undue influence I had a tons of case law and statute all relevant but only got a 10 in it

• Registered Users Posts: 19 lawgrad_

Hi! Does anyone have sample equity answers? Preferably not Griffith college but once they are passed 2013 I'll take them! Happy to swap for other materials. Thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 loosehead1973

Hi
    Could any of you fine people who passed constit or equity in the Nov 20 sitting please send me their script.
    TIA and regards
    Gus Hayes

Advertisement