Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 fe1run

Would anyone who got back a copy of their script for tort, constitutional or property with a passing grade be willing to share?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Lovestolisten

Lightup1 wrote: »
    Apparently I finished some of my answers with " to conclude... "

There is not a hope in hell I wrote .... in these exams

I just looked over Equity and most of Question 6 is missing, it’s cut off mid sentence and the next page starts with question 7.

I emailed LS about it straight away. They came back this morning and said they’re looking into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

I just looked over Equity and most of Question 6 is missing, it’s cut off mid sentence and the next page starts with question 7.

I emailed LS about it straight away. They came back this morning and said they’re looking into it.

I just got EU and it seems like some of my answer is missing but I can’t be 100% sure because it was so long ago I don’t really remember it but it just doesn’t look right at all

Also has anyone received the breakdown of marks for the subjects that required them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Iconic10

i know the constitutional seminar in UCC was posted here a while back, thought i saved it but can’t find it. have a paper from john o dowd - is that the one ? thought the seminar was by the examiner which would be eoin carolan ? if anyone saved it when it was posed here could you repost it thanks so much

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭FE1s2021

I just got EU and it seems like some of my answer is missing but I can’t be 100% sure because it was so long ago I don’t really remember it but it just doesn’t look right at all

Also has anyone received the breakdown of marks for the subjects that required them ?

This is the same for me with one of my property answers... there is a blank space and the new paragraph starts mid sentence.

I am also not 100% sure was it cut off or if I missed it out but it doesn't look right.

• Advertisement

FE1s2021 wrote: »
    This is the same for me with one of my property answers... there is a blank space and the new paragraph starts mid sentence.

I am also not 100% sure was it cut off or if I missed it out but it doesn't look right.

Yeah I have the name of a case in bold and then nothing for it and starts with a new case

But then again I could have just forgot to go back and fill it in but not sure I would have left it like that

Iconic10 wrote: »
    i know the constitutional seminar in UCC was posted here a while back, thought i saved it but can’t find it. have a paper from john o dowd - is that the one ? thought the seminar was by the examiner which would be eoin carolan ? if anyone saved it when it was posed here could you repost it thanks so much

Yeah I think that’s it or that’s the one I have saved also !

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭FE1s2021

Yeah I have the name of a case in bold and then nothing for it and starts with a new case

But then again I could have just forgot to go back and fill it in but not sure I would have left it like that

That is the exact same as mine. There is a paragraph gap of about 3-4 spaces and then just a case name it just doesn't make sense to read.
    Looking at the rest of the paper I only have one space between paragraphs so it think there might actually be something missing.

FE1s2021 wrote: »
    That is the exact same as mine. There is a paragraph gap of about 3-4 spaces and then just a case name it just doesn't make sense to read.
    Looking at the rest of the paper I only have one space between paragraphs so it think there might actually be something missing.

Is everyone emailing LS if they have parts of answers missing ??

If everyone who has an issues contacts them they might actually do something, instead of ignoring us, as usual !

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Lightup1

If everyone who has an issues contacts them they might actually do something, instead of ignoring us, as usual !

I've just emailed them there. Fairly certain there's part missing of two my papers.
    I missing an application and conclusion on what I thought was my best question on one of the papers.

• Advertisement

I’m personally not because I can’t be sure if it’s missing or I didn’t go back to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 stonewash

Hi guys, I've rang the law society about trying to get my refund from the August sitting back and I'm getting nowhere with it. They keep putting me on to someone else and then it leads to an automated message. Is anyone else still waiting on this money?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 FE1prep

Is anybody else feeling so lost in regards to their future in law? I am currently studying for the FE1s, but I have little faith that things will go smoothly. Passing them just seems to be down to luck of the draw. No matter how hard you work, they could just fail you at the drop of a hat. I don't have a lot of money and don't know how I will afford any repeats.

I'm currently working in a law firm as an assistant- it's okay. It hasn't given me a raging passion for the life of a Solicitor or anything. It seems to be an extremely tough and stressful job, every day brings a challenge. I have met with many other professionals who warn that it is not the greatest life. In fact one Barrister I met told me she will never let her sons (who are my age) take up law. Yes, it's fantastic money and you will have job stability, but it is such hard and demanding work and can really take over your life and even effect your social, home and family life.

Do I really want to work my ass off over the next 4-6 years, get paid feck all, spend a load of money, only to be in a job that demands all your time? When do I go travelling and enjoy myself in all of this??

But also - I was so so lucky to have gotten the job that I have now. It is close to home, and the other staff members are super nice. I have a feeling if I stick it out, I may get my training contract out of it (which could be 3 years away).
    But ultimately, I don't know if I truly enjoy it and I'm getting paid next to nothing. Do I want to stuck here for the foreseeable?? I'm only 22!!

Can anyone share advise if they have been feeling the same?? I have been told this part of it won't be enjoyable anyway and I just have to stick it out... But it just seems grim and my happiness will be stripped for the next few years until I get passed Blackhall!! There's no element of living your life! Feeling so stressed and lost.

Some marks are written on my equity script, Q1 has 3 scores which seem incorrectly added up, and for Q8 it seems that the examiner wrote 11 for the question but only 10 on the front page when adding up marks - do we think there’s any point flagging the apparent miscalculation to the LS? Seeing as the marking is so unclear in general I might be reading it wrong anyway - I have submitted a request for recheck anyway so should I just wait to hear from that?

Some marks are written on my equity script, Q1 has 3 scores which seem incorrectly added up, and for Q8 it seems that the examiner wrote 11 for the question but only 10 on the front page when adding up marks - do we think there’s any point flagging the apparent miscalculation to the LS? Seeing as the marking is so unclear in general I might be reading it wrong anyway - I have submitted a request for recheck anyway so should I just wait to hear from that?

My equity there was one odd thing about it it said what I think is 11 1/2 and then an arrow and 12 underneath so I’m guessing he read over it again and gave 12 the second time

My equity there was one odd thing about it it said what I think is 11 1/2 and then an arrow and 12 underneath so I’m guessing he read over it again and gave 12 the second time

For question 1 I seem to have gotten 5/8, 4/6 and 3/8 which is 12/22 which should be something like 11/20 but at the top of the paper then I only got 9 marks. I compared this with another script some kind person here sent me who had the same 3 individual marks but was given 12/20 for the question! I really wish they would provide at least what these 3 numbers mean ;(

FE1prep wrote: »
    Is anybody else feeling so lost in regards to their future in law? I am currently studying for the FE1s, but I have little faith that things will go smoothly. Passing them just seems to be down to luck of the draw. No matter how hard you work, they could just fail you at the drop of a hat. I don't have a lot of money and don't know how I will afford any repeats.

I'm currently working in a law firm as an assistant- it's okay. It hasn't given me a raging passion for the life of a Solicitor or anything. It seems to be an extremely tough and stressful job, every day brings a challenge. I have met with many other professionals who warn that it is not the greatest life. In fact one Barrister I met told me she will never let her sons (who are my age) take up law. Yes, it's fantastic money and you will have job stability, but it is such hard and demanding work and can really take over your life and even effect your social, home and family life.

Do I really want to work my ass off over the next 4-6 years, get paid feck all, spend a load of money, only to be in a job that demands all your time? When do I go travelling and enjoy myself in all of this??

But also - I was so so lucky to have gotten the job that I have now. It is close to home, and the other staff members are super nice. I have a feeling if I stick it out, I may get my training contract out of it (which could be 3 years away).
    But ultimately, I don't know if I truly enjoy it and I'm getting paid next to nothing. Do I want to stuck here for the foreseeable?? I'm only 22!!

Can anyone share advise if they have been feeling the same?? I have been told this part of it won't be enjoyable anyway and I just have to stick it out... But it just seems grim and my happiness will be stripped for the next few years until I get passed Blackhall!! There's no element of living your life! Feeling so stressed and lost.

What brought you to law in the first place? Are there any particular practice areas you feel a pull towards?

For me, there isn’t any other career in the world I would want. I love the law and I love working with clients. It’s hard and stressful and can be boring at times, but I love more about it than I hate.

This part is a real pain in the backside as I hate studying, but I know it will be worth it in the end.

Really think about why you want to work in law and whether this is what you truly want to be doing. God knows there are easier and more interesting ways to earn money :-)

But if this is what you can see yourself doing for the rest of your life, then I would say head down and push through because it will be worth it when you’re qualified. Plus, you’re not married to any particular area of law. You might qualify into one area of law and after a few years decide to go into a totally different area.

If things are financially tough in terms of paying for exams, could you spread them out? Take one or two at a time?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Mc96

As someone has said above I think you need to consider what you like about law and why you were drawn to it in the first place?

I interned throughout college in a small local firm working on probate, conveyancing etc which I found completely boring but I knew the experience would stand to me and the solicitor was very supportive. I always knew I wanted to work in human rights and after college focused on human rights generally rather than law hoping I would ultimately end up in human rights law. I now work in that area and have decided to take Fe1s to be able to practice in the area.

There are parts of my job that can be boring and there is definitely lots of stress at times but every week I am so grateful I get to work in an area I love which pushes me to keep studying etc.

All of this to say I waited to start doing the Fe1s until I was certain I wanted to practice as otherwise I do think they can be a waste of time and effort. If you are not sure if you want to practice, there are lots of other things you can do with a degree in law and legal experience. Maybe take a break from the exams and focus on what you would like to do more generally and pursue that for now. If you want to qualify later, blackhall will still be there!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭LeagleEagle747

Those doing criminal, I was writing my notes on homicide and my manual for 2019/20 talks about the 8th amendment and how it could be construed to extend to recognition of murder charges being brought in respect of abortions but it hasn't been traditionally done in Ireland. Is it possible to leave this out and not include it now that the 8th Amendment has been repealed?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭bluerthanu

For question 1 I seem to have gotten 5/8, 4/6 and 3/8 which is 12/22 which should be something like 11/20 but at the top of the paper then I only got 9 marks. I compared this with another script some kind person here sent me who had the same 3 individual marks but was given 12/20 for the question! I really wish they would provide at least what these 3 numbers mean ;(

I've only one question in my script where numbers are actually given and that's Q 1 re charities. My guess would be that the three numbers represent the three bequests. However, these numbers can't evenly be split (you can round it to approx 6.6 or 6.7), so I'm not sure what overall way he split it (maybe 7+7+6 or vice versa).

At any rate, a mark of 12/22 makes no sense given that it can't add up beyond 20. I'd say they're pulling these marks out of their ass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭FE1Rookie

Does anyone have sample answers for Company Law? Preferably not Griffith college if possible. I have every material under the sun that I can swap for them

• Registered Users Posts: 21 FE.ONE

Does anyone have an updated grid for Company and Constitutional? If so please PM me, happy to swap for anything you may need. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 YcL

Has everyone that requested to view their scripts got to view them? And if so did the LS email ye when and how to view?

YcL wrote: »
    Has everyone that requested to view their scripts got to view them? And if so did the LS email ye when and how to view?

They email you a copy of your script now !

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Debarramike137

Guys is it too late to start Tort? Any tips plesse? I studied Tort as part of my undergrad about 8 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Coopie

Guys is it too late to start Tort? Any tips plesse? I studied Tort as part of my undergrad about 8 years ago

You’ve loads of time - just buy exam papers and sample answers and learn off the ones that come up most often.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭phildub

Coopie wrote: »
    You’ve loads of time - just buy exam papers and sample answers and learn off the ones that come up most often.

I dont know if learning off sample answers would work for tort as there are so many topics that could come up.

I would say its doable if you have nothing else on, there is very little you can leave out. From my experience the best ones to pick for last minute would be eu property or company as its easy to narrow down topics, and for eu and company the same questions come up so past papers are helpful.

Here here , I feel the exact same. I only decided this week to give up. I have 4 passed but I feels like passing the lasts 4 will take the entire joy from my life.

It’s so frustrating because this system has nothing to do with intelligence.
    I have a B.A in Law and a really good career so therefore the industry is just losing out on valuable assets.

I believe those that are passing are doing so because they have money or influence to keep going.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 BugsySiegel

Depends which other ones you are doing and whether or not you are working full time. If you arent working and are only doing one or two others its definitely not too late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Ignacius

Hi All,
    Would anybody have the grids and latest exam papers for constitutional, property and company and be willing to share?
    I have lots of material for every subject and willing to give out. Cheers!

Advertisement