Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

I had the same opinion about mortgages for property. Could never get it.

Oh yeah I didn’t go near that either haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lawmay

Hey guys can anyone remember exactly what type of questions came up on the November Tort exam? I've seen lists of the topics but just want to know does anyone know if they were prob/essay style and any details that might be remembered from the paper. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭FE1_2020_

lawmay wrote: »
    Hey guys can anyone remember exactly what type of questions came up on the November Tort exam? I've seen lists of the topics but just want to know does anyone know if they were prob/essay style and any details that might be remembered from the paper. Thanks :)

I have attached the paper below for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭lawDani

hi guys,
    has anybody received their separate email yet with the marks received per question?

i requested my script, which i now have that but no email indicating my marks yet !

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭AlexTG356

lawDani wrote: »
    hi guys,
    has anybody received their separate email yet with the marks received per question?

i requested my script, which i now have that but no email indicating my marks yet !

I got mine for Company.

• Advertisement

AlexTG356 wrote: »
    I got mine for Company.

thanks, did you receive the marked script long after your non marked script? lol

hi guys,

I’m waiting for property and EU

I’m waiting for property and EU

maybe company was first... im awaiting Contract and EU

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭AlexTG356

thanks, did you receive the marked script long after your non marked script? lol

Script on Saturday the 30th of Jan and marks on the 1st of Feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

I got my constitution script last week and still waiting on marks also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Coopie

I got my constitution script last week and still waiting on marks also.

Me too

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Iso_123

Does anyone know whether firms usually pay your PPC fees or whether you end up having to pay them yourself? I'm talking about Dublin firms (small and medium - i know the very large ones do)

Iso_123 wrote: »
    Does anyone know whether firms usually pay your PPC fees or whether you end up having to pay them yourself? I'm talking about Dublin firms (small and medium - i know the very large ones do)

It really depends on the firm - I think most of the medium ones do and would pay ! Some of the smaller may not or you pay and once passing they pay you back ! That’s what I’ve heard

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

What are people leaving out for tort?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

are there are specific recent cases that people are concentrating on for constitutional?

It really depends on the firm - I think most of the medium ones do and would pay ! Some of the smaller may not or you pay and once passing they pay you back ! That’s what I’ve heard

I’ve also read here sometime that PPC fees work out less for firms as they get tax breaks on them? So even if a firm won’t cover your fees you should enquire if they could pay and you pay them back as it’ll work out less

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Diamond_Hands

Does anybody know what the standard trainee and NQ salary is at a big 5 firm?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭rightytighty

Does anybody know what the standard trainee and NQ salary is at a big 5 firm?

43 - 45k + bonus and benefits and 70k + bonus and benefits

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Corplawtrainee

Any idea what percentage of base salary bonuses are for trainees, didn't realise we got them. Is it like 10-20% max for associates for performance based bonuses?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LegalEagle21

Does anyone have a company law grid they are willing to share please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 tommytimber

Does anyone know of salaries for Trainees and NQs in small firms?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭lawless11

Any idea what percentage of base salary bonuses are for trainees, didn't realise we got them. Is it like 10-20% max for associates for performance based bonuses?

AFAIK no bonuses for trainees. You might get something like a Christmas card/top up but it depends on the firm. (I'm with one of the top firms).

Not sure for the associates bonus through. Depends on the metrics set by the firm (how many billable hours you do (in percentage or amount of hours per year)). Think they can be pretty hefty.

Does anyone know of salaries for Trainees and NQs in small firms?

Very firm dependent. When you look it up it says average trainee salary is €26500 so probs something around that

• Registered Users Posts: 46 biglawhead420

Isn't AC 75K now NQ?

I also imagine that the NQ today isn't that relevant for trainees / future trainees.

Didn't NQ salaries fall from like 80 to 55/60 during the crash? Then they increased from 62 to 70 in the matter of a year and a bit. It will definitely also depend on the pressure put on them from Dechert, DLA and the likes. The big 5 equity partners earn more than enough. They might need to reduce their salaries and transfer some down to associates, as has been happening in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Fe1ak

Can anyone suggest what topics are best to focus or know in depth for Criminal. I know from the examiners reports they like to throw in a bit of everything but I'm at the point now were I'm trying to focus on what's important. Can anyone help thank you!

Fe1ak wrote: »
    Can anyone suggest what topics are best to focus or know in depth for Criminal. I know from the examiners reports they like to throw in a bit of everything but I'm at the point now were I'm trying to focus on what's important. Can anyone help thank you!

Unfortunately there’s not much you can really leave out the topics do be mixed. But definitely know all murder:manslaughter sexual a offences and then the defenses that come up often such as intoxication,automatism, duress etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Diamond_Hands

How can big firms justify almost 80k or above paypackets for NQs that are in their mid 20s? Insane figures. I know solicitors and barristers that have worked for decades that don't earn as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

How can big firms justify almost 80k or above paypackets for NQs that are in their mid 20s? Insane figures. I know solicitors and barristers that have worked for decades that don't earn as much.

Because that's the market rate? Their billable hour would be circa €350/hour as an associate. You're expected to bill 35 hours per week, that's €12,250/week, €49,000/month, €588,000/year. Obviously a large portion of that will be w/o but you get the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 biglawhead420

There are many now earning over 110 by mid to late twenties. Mostly in the biggest firms.

Dechert are paying €120,000 for newly qualified now, and that is before bonus. Plus you could be an NQ by 24/25.

• Advertisement

Has anyone received the marks for Eu or property ?

Advertisement