Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭bluerthanu

awsah wrote: »
    This is what I have narrowed it down to:

SOP
    Constitutional Interpretation
    Unenumerated rights
    trial in due course of law
    art 38.1 rights
    freedom of religion
    president A/G
    sovereignty
    equality
    private property
    family and education
    courts
    referendum and reform

What do you mean by sovereignty within the context of the exam topics? Is it the Executive's power in international relations? I'm just curious because it's neither a specific topic in my manual, nor listed as a topic on the constitutional FE1 syllabus.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

bluerthanu wrote: »
    What do you mean by sovereignty within the context of the exam topics? Is it the Executive's power in international relations? I'm just curious because it's neither a specific topic in my manual, nor listed as a topic on the constitutional FE1 syllabus.

it's in my grid as "Arts 5,9 Sovereignty and Prerogatives, I haven't actually looked at it yet as I am just going down per topic on my grid, but I have it marked to look over it. I don't have an updated grid from Constitutional so maybe it's not on the syllabus anymore (this thought is only now occurring to me!) it was last on the paper in March 2018, Q3

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Iconic10

anyone have predictions for tort and constitutional ?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

does any one have any sample answers for constitutional from 2018-2020?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Iconic10

does mootness come up in constitutional at all - would focusing on locus standing and duty to give reason be sufficient for judicial review ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Exams456

Does anyone have any predictions for the Property paper?
    Trying to limit my topics so I don’t weigh myself down, so far I have succession, adverse possession, mortgages, landlord and tenant law, easements, co-ownership and land registration.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

Where to begin with company?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

Exams456 wrote: »
    Trying to limit my topics so I don’t weigh myself down, so far I have succession, adverse possession, mortgages, landlord and tenant law, easements, co-ownership and land registration.

I’d probs look at covenants just because easements came up in November.

Finding is an easy one to look at but did come up in November also !

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Mc96

If you throw in Finding or Family Property, you'll be covered for 5 questions easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mydogwentroof

Property is fairly easy to narrow down. Succession, finding adverse possession etc are pretty much bankers. It's the easiest FE1 imo.

• Advertisement

LawBoy2018 wrote: »

Separate legal personality
    Advantages/Disadvantages of setting up a company
    Directors duties
    Examinership/receivership
    Corporate borrowings
    Winding up
    Shareholder oppression

I could be missing a few others

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mydogwentroof

4 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Fedone

4 weeks ago.

It’s still another 6 weeks away. From experience that’s plenty of time to cover at least a couple of these exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

Fedone wrote: »
    It’s still another 6 weeks away. From experience that’s plenty of time to cover at least a couple of these exams.

It is plenty of time don't worry

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Lawlz

Hi all,

Can someone please tell me what topics came up on the November 2020 contract paper?

Would also appreciate any predictions ( if any) for the next contract sitting.

Thanks!

Separate legal personality
    Advantages/Disadvantages of setting up a company
    Directors duties
    Examinership/receivership
    Corporate borrowings
    Winding up
    Shareholder oppression

I could be missing a few others

Thanks for the reply! I sat company in November and advantages/disadvantages and shareholder oppression both came up! Just a heads up.

Corporate authority came up too! That probably means either corporate capacity or separate legal personality, as you mentioned. Did you get those tips from one of the prep courses or are they your own predictions? Thanks again.

Fedone wrote: »

Thanks! I'm sitting them both again after November and I've been putting company on the long finger.. Must get cracking.

Thanks for the reply! I sat company in November and advantages/disadvantages and shareholder oppression both came up! Just a heads up.

Corporate authority came up too! That probably means either corporate capacity or separate legal personality, as you mentioned. Did you get those tips from one of the prep courses or are they your own predictions? Thanks again.

Sorry I have already sat and passed it last March !! That’s just what I was told would be the main things to focus on !!

Separate legal personality didn’t come op in March either I don’t think !

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Kanne96

Is anyone still waiting on the actual from their scripts requests? I received contract paper last Tuesday and still have not received the marks.

Kanne96 wrote: »
    Is anyone still waiting on the actual from their scripts requests? I received contract paper last Tuesday and still have not received the marks.

I’m still waiting on marks aswel.

If it’s not too much hassle, would you mind telling me what topics came up on the November contract paper? Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭SKLaw

Lawlz wrote: »
    Hi all,

Can someone please tell me what topics came up on the November 2020 contract paper?

Would also appreciate any predictions ( if any) for the next contract sitting.

Thanks!

I think it’s
    problem q on mistake + misrepresentation,
    problem q on terms + discharge of contract (focusing on repudiatory breach),
    problem q on exclusion clauses,
    problem q on discharge again but focusing on frustration and I think there was part payment involved in this question as well so consideration could’ve been discussed here,
    essay on ways to terminate a contract and formation of a contract,
    essay on pinnel’s case + promissory estoppel,
    essay on frustration
    essay on undue influence
    essay on penalty clauses

I didn’t request my script so I’m happy for any corrections here :)

SKLaw wrote: »
    I think it’s
    problem q on mistake + misrepresentation,
    problem q on terms + discharge of contract (focusing on repudiatory breach),
    problem q on exclusion clauses,
    problem q on discharge again but focusing on frustration and I think there was part payment involved in this question as well so consideration could’ve been discussed here,
    essay on ways to terminate a contract and formation of a contract,
    essay on pinnel’s case + promissory estoppel,
    essay on frustration
    essay on undue influence
    essay on penalty clauses

I didn’t request my script so I’m happy for any corrections here :)

Excellent! Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭SKLaw

Lawlz wrote: »
    Excellent! Thank you!

No problem! Best of luck with the exams

• Registered Users Posts: 13 MylesH

For Constitutional what are people covering?

Seeing as Non-Delegation came up last sitting I can only think that Property/Livelihood and Freedom of Expression are the only other (nearly) bankers. Hopefully I'm wrong?

I find this FE1 to be a mess compared to the other ones I've studied

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭bluerthanu

MylesH wrote: »
    For Constitutional what are people covering?

Seeing as Non-Delegation came up last sitting I can only think that Property/Livelihood and Freedom of Expression are the only other (nearly) bankers. Hopefully I'm wrong?

I find this FE1 to be a mess compared to the other ones I've studied

Both livelihood and expression appeared in November. Non-delegation doctrine is a pretty common topic though regardless of it appearing in November.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 RudiN99

Any ideas of the main topics that appeared on the November Criminal paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Samuma

Hi all,

Hope the study is going well. Going to attempt EU, Equity and Property this sitting :eek:

I don't suppose anyone has any booklets or past exam papers for EU? I'd really appreciate it...I can pay!!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Twinings2016

Hi all, thinking the following for tort... am I leaving anything out? also any predictions welcome :)

- trespass/nuisance/Rylands v Fletcher
    - Duty of Care /negligence/ Standard of Care
    - Vicarious Liability
    - Defamation
    - Occupiers Liability
    - Trespass to the person
    - products liability
    - nervous shock
    - passing off
    - medical negligence
    - liability for animals
    - pure economic loss
    - concurrent wrongdoing/ contrib negligence
    - employers liability
    - limitation periods
    - negligence children & fire

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭BigSprogs

Not sure if it's been asked, but how does bringing in a copy of the Constitution for Constitutional law, a copy of the Succession Act for Property law etc work when it's done online? If you're not allowed to look away from the screen or whatever. Do they provide what we need on screen?

• Advertisement

BigSprogs wrote: »
    Not sure if it's been asked, but how does bringing in a copy of the Constitution for Constitutional law, a copy of the Succession Act for Property law etc work when it's done online? If you're not allowed to look away from the screen or whatever. Do they provide what we need on screen?

You are allowed have it beside you it’s said on the rules for the online exams. I just showed mine quickly when I first went to use it and that was it

Advertisement