Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

APPLICATIONS OPEN for FE1S

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

APPLICATIONS OPEN for FE1S

Ha and somehow form is not available to me hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Fe1Student20

Hi guys, just after seeing that the application is open for March. Has anyone heard anything about when we might get our re-check results? Was hoping it would at least be prior to the application deadline at the end of this month, but if anyone had any info would be much appreciated.

Hi guys, just after seeing that the application is open for March. Has anyone heard anything about when we might get our re-check results? Was hoping it would at least be prior to the application deadline at the end of this month, but if anyone had any info would be much appreciated.

Does it let you click apply it says the form is not available to me

It was mentioned previously provisional date is Feb 19th.. I’ll wait until then anyway

• Advertisement

Does it let you click apply it says the form is not available to me

I clicked into it there, and didn't seem to be any issues. Just holding off on submitting application until the re-check results are back so didn't fully go through it

It was mentioned previously provisional date is Feb 19th.. I’ll wait until then anyway

Thanks for the heads up, hadn't seen that before. Will hold out until then also

I clicked into it there, and didn't seem to be any issues. Just holding off on submitting application until the re-check results are back so didn't fully go through it

Doesn’t work for me at all for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

Hi all, thinking the following for tort... am I leaving anything out? also any predictions welcome :)

- trespass/nuisance/Rylands v Fletcher
    - Duty of Care /negligence/ Standard of Care
    - Vicarious Liability
    - Defamation
    - Occupiers Liability
    - Trespass to the person
    - products liability
    - nervous shock
    - passing off
    - medical negligence
    - liability for animals
    - pure economic loss
    - concurrent wrongdoing/ contrib negligence
    - employers liability
    - limitation periods
    - negligence children & fire

Don’t forget damages!!! Think it could definitely be due a run! And Res Ispa Loquitur!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭FE1Rookie

Has there been ANY information on HOW this online sitting will be conducted?

Will they be sticking with BetterExaminations?
    Will it be typed again?
    Will we still have no option to do rough work in writing?

There's still a lot of questions on a sitting that's only next month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

When filling out the application I don't see the option to say you are an Access Student and some fees need to be waived?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

did they change the time table? I had my revision timetable to do equity in week one and property and contract were on after another on week 2?!

awsah wrote: »
    did they change the time table? I had my revision timetable to do equity in week one and property and contract were on after another on week 2?!

Yeah they changed it a few weeks back !

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

Yeah they changed it a few weeks back !

no sorry I got confused when I was applying for my exams the list is not in order of the days so I got confused!

Lallers96 wrote: »
    When filling out the application I don't see the option to say you are an Access Student and some fees need to be waived?

It popped up that I was an access student and I was able to complete it. Get onto them first thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭fe1fi20

are people doing constitutional interpretation for the exam? it came up in november and don't know whether its worth looking at

fe1fi20 wrote: »
    are people doing constitutional interpretation for the exam? it came up in november and don't know whether its worth looking at

Sorry what question was it on the November paper ?

Sorry what question was it on the November paper ?

“The Supreme Court’s decisions in Mohan v Ireland [2019] IESC 18 and P v Judges of the
    Circuit Court [2019] IESC 26 provide important clarifications on the rules relating to standing
    in Irish constitutional cases. In particular, the decisions highlight the ongoing significance of
    the jus tertii principle”.

locus standi

“The Supreme Court’s decisions in Mohan v Ireland [2019] IESC 18 and P v Judges of the
    Circuit Court [2019] IESC 26 provide important clarifications on the rules relating to standing
    in Irish constitutional cases. In particular, the decisions highlight the ongoing significance of
    the jus tertii principle”.

locus standi

Sorry I thought you meant like the methods of interpretation came up !

Sorry I thought you meant like the methods of interpretation came up !

oh no, but thats my question... do you think it might come up (different approaches e.g. broad, historical etc)

• Advertisement

oh no, but thats my question... do you think it might come up (different approaches e.g. broad, historical etc)

It hasn’t been up in a while so I’m hoping it might appear not a bad one to know in case the rest are awful

It hasn’t been up in a while so I’m hoping it might appear not a bad one to know in case the rest are awful

any tips on studying for constitutional... i've failed it before and i'm honestly so nervous and dont even know how to approach the study for it

any tips on studying for constitutional... i've failed it before and i'm honestly so nervous and dont even know how to approach the study for it

Tbh I’m in the exact same boat unfortunately. I panicked in mine and could only answer 3 and a half questions

I think my approach this time is just read the questions over and over and make I can identify some issue and just not panic take your time and focus !

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

It popped up that I was an access student and I was able to complete it. Get onto them first thing.

Which section did it come up for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 aidey123

Hi all,

I am sure this has been asked already but just wondering what people would advise not to leave out with Contract? I am hoping to sit it and maybe Property this March, however without a law degree I find it daunting and worry I'll spend too much time on the wrong things and not enough time on the importnat topics!

Any advice / topics / past exam papers would be absolutely fantastic! :)

Thanks!

Lallers96 wrote: »
    Which section did it come up for you?

Just before the payment part I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭BigSprogs

You are allowed have it beside you it’s said on the rules for the online exams. I just showed mine quickly when I first went to use it and that was it

Ah grand job so, cheers! Anyone know where we can order copies from? For BNhE I'm guessing the official little blue book is fine. The regulations say "original copies" only and printoffs from the internet etc aren't allowed.. So where does one order "original copies" of the Sucession Act etc?

BigSprogs wrote: »
    Ah grand job so, cheers! Anyone know where we can order copies from? For BNhE I'm guessing the official little blue book is fine. The regulations say "original copies" only and printoffs from the internet etc aren't allowed.. So where does one order "original copies" of the Sucession Act etc?

The OPW !! If you ring or email they’ll send it out to you

• Registered Users Posts: 37 tippertruck

Yo guys. Any of ye have past EU papers, grids or maybe Blackstone Treaties? I’m sorted for notes. Don’t know what to study as it’s fairly clunky. Love ye all!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 MylesH

FE1Rookie wrote: »
    Has there been ANY information on HOW this online sitting will be conducted?

Will they be sticking with BetterExaminations?
    Will it be typed again?
    Will we still have no option to do rough work in writing?

There's still a lot of questions on a sitting that's only next month.

Wait, there was no option to do (physical) rough-work in the sitting last November? That's wild

Advertisement