Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

MylesH wrote: »
    Wait, there was no option to do (physical) rough-work in the sitting last November? That's wild

Yeah you’re not allowed anything on the desk other than your legislation and a drink - there’s a notepad option and sticky note option on the system to use if they stick with the one in November

• Registered Users Posts: 13 MylesH

Yeah you’re not allowed anything on the desk other than your legislation and a drink - there’s a notepad option and sticky note option on the system to use if they stick with the one in November

Damn, no mind-maps for me then. No wonder people were so thrown off last exam - Besides the obvious marking issues of course.

Wonder what the situation is with having dual-monitors. I'd imagine having to tab between the exam paper and the word document/online answer booklet on a single monitor isn't great

MylesH wrote: »
    Damn, no mind-maps for me then. No wonder people were so thrown off last exam - Besides the obvious marking issues of course.

Wonder what the situation is with having dual-monitors. I'd imagine having to tab between the exam paper and the word document/online answer booklet on a single monitor isn't great

There is only one tab the answer box is under the question it’s not a word document

You can’t have anything else open if you click on anything else you’re kicked out of the exam

https://www.lawsociety.ie/globalassets/documents/education/fe-1/onlinefe1-faq2020.pdf

This explains what they used in November I imagine it will be the same

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

Just before the payment part I think...

Yes it worked for me after a quick email. Thanks. I never had to enter my card details it just said I'm an access student on the bottom in case anyone else was worried

For anyone that can’t apply I’ve been told that the form only became available today but there’s an issue which should be resolved later today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 laworlawww

Applications have opened for March!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

I assume I get a refund if I apply for an exam and pass it on recheck on Feb 19th?

NewFe1 wrote: »
    I assume I get a refund if I apply for an exam and pass it on recheck on Feb 19th?

Yeah you do but could be waiting quite a while for it so maybe hold off applying until the 19th ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 ellachapman96

Does anyone have relatively up to date tort papers and reports they wouldn’t mind sharing please? Sorry if this has already been asked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭lawgirl23

Yeah you do but could be waiting quite a while for it so maybe hold off applying until the 19th ?

I’m in the same position - going to hold off until 19th!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 FE1Pleb

If anyone is looking to off load their copy of the Companies Act (latest edition) feel free to DM me to discuss terms :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭fe1prep2021

Could anyone tell me what topics came up on the constitutional November 2020 paper please?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Iconic10

going to hold off applying till 19th as well - hope the results are out before 22nd

• Registered Users Posts: 38 orlaghs

Has anyone received this "separate email" we were told we'd get with the marks received for each question on scripts from november?

Waiting on property right now, received my unmarked script last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

orlaghs wrote: »
    Has anyone received this "separate email" we were told we'd get with the marks received for each question on scripts from november?

Nope no email with marks for constitutional sooo strange isn’t it how it would take so long

• Registered Users Posts: 27 sunnylegal

Anyone have a digital copy of a company manual? I just need to send a copy to a friend who’s in isolation!

Have loads to swap for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭legallyginger

Would anybody have what came up on Property November paper please?

Received all bar property

Problem q on adverse possession
    Problem q on finding
    Problem q on easements of necessity
    Essay on protection of spouses
    Essay on contractual licenses
    Problem q on section 117 provision for children
    Essay on influence of equity
    Essay on will formalities and capacity

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Mc96

Succession came up twice, adverse possession, family property, easements, finding and then I think licences and influence of equity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 stav

Hi all!

I was wondering if anyone has a copy of their NOV 2020 Property, Equity and/or Company scripts (if they have passed them) that they could send over to me to look over - happy to trade any resources that I currently have for them.

For some context: I'm a foreign student and attempted the FE-1s for the first time this November, and even though I did do my best to prepare for them, I was disappointed due to the fact that all my results came back in the 40s. I was wondering if I could compare papers, to see where I went wrong - as I'm feeling a little lost to be completely honest.

I would appreciate any help! Thanks a million :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ryan G

Nope, received unmarked paper almost 2 weeks ago now, very peculiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tommyq94

Has anyone got confirmation from the Law Society that their recheck fee was paid?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 FE1Rookies

Struggling with Company law. Does anyone have any advise or possible predictions?

tommyq94 wrote: »
    Has anyone got confirmation from the Law Society that their recheck fee was paid?

Yep

Has anyone got a copy of the November company law exam?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

NewFe1 wrote: »
    Has anyone got a copy of the November company law exam?

it was posted here previously if you go back through the pages, or search the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Lawlz

No! I’m still waiting for constitutional. Received the script 13 days ago! Didn’t expect to wait this long and it makes me wonder what exactly is happening with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Lawlz

Ryan G wrote: »
    Nope, received unmarked paper almost 2 weeks ago now, very peculiar.

Same! Starting it wonder if they actually have the breakdown?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 BookFast

stav wrote: »
    Hi all!

I was wondering if anyone has a copy of their NOV 2020 Property, Equity and/or Company scripts (if they have passed them) that they could send over to me to look over - happy to trade any resources that I currently have for them.

For some context: I'm a foreign student and attempted the FE-1s for the first time this November, and even though I did do my best to prepare for them, I was disappointed due to the fact that all my results came back in the 40s. I was wondering if I could compare papers, to see where I went wrong - as I'm feeling a little lost to be completely honest.

I would appreciate any help! Thanks a million :)

I have all 3 if you want to PM me! Or anyone else who needs them

Advertisement