Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Mrlawbody43

Anyone know for Company Law Winding up is it necessary to know all three methods or is it sufficient to focus just on Court-ordered winding up? cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Fourcourts

Lawlz wrote: »
    Same! Starting it wonder if they actually have the breakdown?!

Still waiting for marks aswel.

Definitely questioning if they actually have the breakdown for some papers. They could have just gotten an overall %.

I have a feeling they might not be released at all for some scripts.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LegalEagle21

sunnylegal wrote: »
    Anyone have a digital copy of a company manual? I just need to send a copy to a friend who’s in isolation!

Have loads to swap for it!

Hi, pm me your email. I have one

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jane1959

When you pass all 8 fe1s and receive the certificate confirming that you have passed- does it also show failed exams too?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

Sorry for a very specific request - but does anyone have constitutional notes who did the lawschool course? PM me if so please :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 tommyq94

NewFe1 wrote: »
    Yep

When did you hear back from them?

I've emailed a few times and called just to confirm the payment went through but I haven't been able to reach them!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

tommyq94 wrote: »
    When did you hear back from them?

I've emailed a few times and called just to confirm the payment went through but I haven't been able to reach them!

I haven’t had confirmation either!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭FE1s2021

Fourcourts wrote: »
    Still waiting for marks aswel.

Definitely questioning if they actually have the breakdown for some papers. They could have just gotten an overall %.

I have a feeling they might not be released at all for some scripts.

waiting on marks too.. received my paper over a week ago

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mydogwentroof

Jane1959 wrote: »
    When you pass all 8 fe1s and receive the certificate confirming that you have passed- does it also show failed exams too?
    Thanks

I haven't gotten to this stage yet (after this sitting hopefully) but my friend sent me the letter she received and it just said congratulations on completing the FE-1s.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭APower79

Hi all. I am doing criminal in March, my first fe1 exam. Feeling a little overwhelmed. I have my notes all done and my essay questions so should I just try now and do as many exam papers as possible and refer to the examiners reports?
    And would it be a mistake to omit the essay questions that came up in November? Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭bobbyness

Sorry for the shameless plug here guys, but if anyone could help and drop me a PM it would be greatly appreciated.

Going for company and eu law upcoming sitting, was wondering if anyone had sample questions/answers and up-to-date exam grids.

Best of luck to everyone with their next sittings, and any pending rechecks like mine from last sitting!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭law987

Finally got property marks emailed

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

ah brilliant, were they of any help?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 laworlawww

APower79 wrote: »
    Hi all. I am doing criminal in March, my first fe1 exam. Feeling a little overwhelmed. I have my notes all done and my essay questions so should I just try now and do as many exam papers as possible and refer to the examiners reports?
    And would it be a mistake to omit the essay questions that came up in November? Thanks!

Hey! It sounds like you're doing a good job, I think the papers are a big help for getting used to the style of questions asked and the criminal reports are really detailed so they're worth looking at. I passed in November and spent most of my time practising papers once my notes were done, and did out flashcards to try remember the specific offences.

Anything that came up in November as an essay is unlikely to come up again as an essay specifically, but may come up in a problem question so I personally wouldn't leave a topic fully out for that reason. I'd say your best bet is to keep practising the problem questions and know the common areas such as murder, non-fatal offences etc really well and be able to apply them to any potential scenario. Of course if you have a hunch about particular essays you can do those too but unfortunately they're less easy to predict and it's usually more problem questions than essay ones on the paper.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Aoibhin511

Not really, all questions are within 1 mark of each other, hard to tell what exactly earned me the extra mark on some questions and not on others.

No indication that they took the messed up dates into account on the AP question, I passed it though tg

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭law987

Ya, just 5 random numbers like the others. I scraped a pass but quite frustrating not to have any feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

Aoibhin511 wrote: »
    Not really, all questions are within 1 mark of each other, so had to tell what exactly earned me the extra mark on some questions and not on others.

No indication that they took the messed up dates into account on the AP question, I passed it though tg

I was given 12.5 in one question and 10.5 in another - not sure what warrants half a mark

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Flynner999

Aoibhin511 wrote: »
    Not really, all questions are within 1 mark of each other, hard to tell what exactly earned me the extra mark on some questions and not on others.

I also received marks back today and unsure as to where I need to improve in order to pass next sitting. Any chance youd be willing to forward on script to me to compare? Would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Fe1ak

Does anyone who sat Criminal in November 2020 or March 2020 remember what came up? tia

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

I also got my marks for Property and as a few people have asked me to do I'm posting it here. To be honest I don't know what more I could have said for some of these questions to get an extra 8-9 marks that are apparently available. It feels as if getting 12 or 13 marks is my ceiling in these exams. I got 55 overall so it's not an absolutely brilliant paper but feel free to use it as even a comparison to your own paper if you wish.

I'm most annoyed and confused about the last question. Finding is an extremely small and simple topic and I only got 11 in it, I know it's a pass but if we are meant to be marked out of 20 what more could I honestly say to get another 9 marks. If someone could point out what I missed I'd be interested to know.

Property 55% script: https://www.dropbox.com/s/p05cybjjszuyos6/Property%20Script%20wmarks.pdf?dl=0

• Advertisement

Lallers96 wrote: »
    I also got my marks for Property and as a few people have asked me to do I'm posting it here. To be honest I don't know what more I could have said for some of these questions to get an extra 8-9 marks that are apparently available. It feels as if getting 12 or 13 marks is my ceiling in these exams. I got 55 overall so it's not an absolutely brilliant paper but feel free to use it as even a comparison to your own paper if you wish.

I'm most annoyed and confused about the last question. Finding is an extremely small and simple topic and I only got 11 in it, I know it's a pass but if we are meant to be marked out of 20 what more could I honestly say to get another 9 marks. If someone could point out what I missed I'd be interested to know.

Property 55% script: https://www.dropbox.com/s/p05cybjjszuyos6/Property%20Script%20wmarks.pdf?dl=0

Highest mark I got so far is only 14 haha not sure what else they want tbh

I also only got 11 for the finding question and there was literally nothing more I could write 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭APower79

laworlawww wrote: »
    Hey! It sounds like you're doing a good job, I think the papers are a big help for getting used to the style of questions asked and the criminal reports are really detailed so they're worth looking at. I passed in November and spent most of my time practising papers once my notes were done, and did out flashcards to try remember the specific offences.

Anything that came up in November as an essay is unlikely to come up again as an essay specifically, but may come up in a problem question so I personally wouldn't leave a topic fully out for that reason. I'd say your best bet is to keep practising the problem questions and know the common areas such as murder, non-fatal offences etc really well and be able to apply them to any potential scenario. Of course if you have a hunch about particular essays you can do those too but unfortunately they're less easy to predict and it's usually more problem questions than essay ones on the paper.

Good luck!

Thanks so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

From my college experience it was always seen as keeping it an "elitist" course and that attaining over 70% was impossible

Lallers96 wrote: »
    From my college experience it was always seen as keeping it an "elitist" course and that attaining over 70% was impossible

Yeah tbh I don’t know anyone personally that has managed in the 70s
    I’ve two in the 50s and 4 in the low 60s so far

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭caius97

Did anyone receive their tort paper back who passed and is willing to share?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 LegalSmeagle97

anyone got some up to date contract sample answers?

Mine only go up to Spring 2018 unforch

With recheck results do we get them in an email or posted on the law soc like usual results?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Fe1ak

Can someone explain the McNamara test for provocation in simple terms to me, I feel so dumb I've read the university of kent post about it so many times but still cant get my head around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Exams456

Hey guys,
    Just wondering how long are your applications usually under review for?
    First time sitter.
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Exams456 wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    Just wondering how long are your applications usually under review for?
    First time sitter.
    Thanks

I applied Tuesday and mine was approved today but this isn’t my first sitting. Could take a while to approve but if there’s anything wrong with your application they’ll contact you and once you submitted before the 22nd it’s grand !

Advertisement