Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

Lallers96 wrote: »
    I also got my marks for Property and as a few people have asked me to do I'm posting it here. To be honest I don't know what more I could have said for some of these questions to get an extra 8-9 marks that are apparently available. It feels as if getting 12 or 13 marks is my ceiling in these exams. I got 55 overall so it's not an absolutely brilliant paper but feel free to use it as even a comparison to your own paper if you wish.

I'm most annoyed and confused about the last question. Finding is an extremely small and simple topic and I only got 11 in it, I know it's a pass but if we are meant to be marked out of 20 what more could I honestly say to get another 9 marks. If someone could point out what I missed I'd be interested to know.

Property 55% script: https://www.dropbox.com/s/p05cybjjszuyos6/Property%20Script%20wmarks.pdf?dl=0

This is the thing that annoys me most about these exams. I tend to base my answers off examiner reports so that I give them what they have actually told us they want, and can't seem to get above 12/20. For some of them I even get 9 or 10. I did law in college so I know how to answer questions and what standard is required. Why is there such a low ceiling for grades in these exams? How can the examiners give us a report and then give us a poor grade when our answers match their report? It's really frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 9 FE1TINY

Hey anyone on here get their EU law scripts back with marks on them that have passed the exam.
    I am really struggling with EU and would really appreciate if there is anyone that can share their scripts.
    Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

Fe1ak wrote: »
    Can someone explain the McNamara test for provocation in simple terms to me, I feel so dumb I've read the university of kent post about it so many times but still cant get my head around it.

here is my November paper, question 2 was on that case, so my answer may help,amybe not! I got 13 marks in it

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Creg12

Highest mark I got so far is only 14 haha not sure what else they want tbh

I also only got 11 for the finding question and there was literally nothing more I could write ��

Just jumping on here, i have only glanced over replies so someone may have answered for you, examiner was looking for one case from Auz and another from NZ that has been mentioned in examiner reports to discuss further the question.

also, the following to get top marks (taken from my notes)

 In addition, the right to possessions is afforded protection by the ECHR. Article 1, Protocol 1 provides that: “Every natural or legal person is entitled to the peaceful enjoyment of his possessions. No one shall be deprived of his possessions except in the public interest and subject to the conditions provided for by law and by the general principles of international law”. Thus, any interference with the peaceful enjoyment of possessions must be lawful and must serve the public interest in order to comply with Article 1, Protocol.

 In Mellacher v Austria [1989], the ECtHR pointed out that the interference must not be “without reasonable foundation”.

once u passed , thats main thing but I know it is frustrating!!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Iso_123

Is anyone finding it so difficult to come home and study after work? I can never manage to get more than 2 hours done on weekdays after work cause i'm so tired:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

Iso_123 wrote: »
    Is anyone finding it so difficult to come home and study after work? I can never manage to get more than 2 hours done on weekdays after work cause i'm so tired:(

I’m starting a new job next week and I’ll be lucky to get that much given my commute :(

Creg12 wrote: »
    Just jumping on here, i have only glanced over replies so someone may have answered for you, examiner was looking for one case from Auz and another from NZ that has been mentioned in examiner reports to discuss further the question.

also, the following to get top marks (taken from my notes)

 In addition, the right to possessions is afforded protection by the ECHR. Article 1, Protocol 1 provides that: “Every natural or legal person is entitled to the peaceful enjoyment of his possessions. No one shall be deprived of his possessions except in the public interest and subject to the conditions provided for by law and by the general principles of international law”. Thus, any interference with the peaceful enjoyment of possessions must be lawful and must serve the public interest in order to comply with Article 1, Protocol.

 In Mellacher v Austria [1989], the ECtHR pointed out that the interference must not be “without reasonable foundation”.

once u passed , thats main thing but I know it is frustrating!!

Oh yeah I did pass so I’m not too bothered haha

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭phildub

Iso_123 wrote: »

Absolutely same as that, didn't get home til 7 this evening I will be getting no study done today but im not going to be too hard on myself, body and mind needs a break, just going to go hard at the wknd!

Absolutely cannot wait til Easter weekend ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Fe1ak

awsah wrote: »
    here is my November paper, question 2 was on that case, so my answer may help,amybe not! I got 13 marks in it
    thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 LeGal97

Is 5 exams in 5 weeks possible, with notes still left to be done for 4?

Or should I go 4 and 1 etc?

So want them done but wondering is it worth the mental turmoil!!

• Advertisement

LeGal97 wrote: »

what are 5, and what one would you leave out?

If I’m no rush to get them done (as in not starting blackhall in September) I would not do 5 it’s just too much and too stressful I’d spread them and give yourself time to prepare and relax

I know it’s so tempting to just do them haha but you’d be so stressed the next few weeks tbh

what are 5, and what one would you leave out?

They would be constitutional, equity, contract, company and property.

Yeah I am not starting Blackhall but I am just thinking in terms of work, I want to get a job and I don't want to deter employers.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭FE1s2021

Yeah I am not starting Blackhall but I am just thinking in terms of work, I want to get a job and I don't want to deter employers.

I'm in the same position as you with the same 5 to do.. can't decide whether to split them out or not

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭WesternC123

I was going to sit 5 for the last sitting but decided against it and think it was for the best. I now only have one left to do in march so can work and study at the same time.
    I think by doing 5 you risk not giving enough to each subject and have the potential to fall down in a few exams.
    But then again, if you feel like you're up to it then you could always power through them and if it doesn't go your way this time round you'll have most of the work down for the next sitting!

i mean its going to be tough but if I am aure its possible, I have notes if you want to save you time. im doing all of those except company

FE1s2021 wrote: »
    I'm in the same position as you with the same 5 to do.. can't decide whether to split them out or not

I really can't decide and its preventing me from knuckling down!!

I was going to sit 5 for the last sitting but decided against it and think it was for the best. I now only have one left to do in march so can work and study at the same time.
    I think by doing 5 you risk not giving enough to each subject and have the potential to fall down in a few exams.
    But then again, if you feel like you're up to it then you could always power through them and if it doesn't go your way this time round you'll have most of the work down for the next sitting!

That's what I am leaning towards tbh.

I am feeling brave now but that could change... if anyone has any success stories be sure to let me know :p

I really can't decide and its preventing me from knuckling down!!

do we really only have 5 weeks, dear jesus!! why dont u decide what one you will leave out and then start studying for the other 4 and spend a couple of days seeing how the study is going

i mean its going to be tough but if I am aure its possible, I have notes if you want to save you time. im doing all of those except company

Thank you, I may take you up on that :)

• Advertisement

Thank you, I may take you up on that :)

pm me and il email you what I have

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ElMo7

Hey guys, any predictions for constitutional?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

ElMo7 wrote: »
    Hey guys, any predictions for constitutional?

Very interested in everyone’s thoughts on this too

• Registered Users Posts: 4 taralawfe1

Id say President/AG and constitutional interpretation are due a run but its really all up in the air when it comes to the constitutional exam

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭bluerthanu

do we really only have 5 weeks, dear jesus!! why dont u decide what one you will leave out and then start studying for the other 4 and spend a couple of days seeing how the study is going

Five weeks from next Tuesday. Just under six weeks is a less frightening way of describing it for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 2021law

Hi guys , I have registered for FE1s and now it says “under review “ I have not paid anything yet .

Is that because it’s my first time doing the FE1s?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 46 BugsySiegel

Im studying for Constitutional and Equity at the moment while working full time. Wouldnt like to be doing more than one other subject with Cons. Its pretty long and the material is more difficult to remember. Depends on the individual though. I know someone who passed 6 first sitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Kanne96

Is anyone still waiting on marks from their scripts? It’s been 2 weeks since I’ve gotten one of my papers back and no marks email yet. Did anyone email the law society about marks and get a reply?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

Kanne96 wrote: »
    Is anyone still waiting on marks from their scripts? It’s been 2 weeks since I’ve gotten one of my papers back and no marks email yet. Did anyone email the law society about marks and get a reply?

Hiya, I am waiting on constitution and got the bellow yesterday! Did they not have to issue the data request within a period of 2 weeks?

Thank you for your email.

Please note, we have received a large volume of requests and are currently working to process them as quickly as possible.

We endeavour to have the email containing the marks awarded for each question sent to you shortly.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in the matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Kanne96

Last sitting I was waiting 5 weeks for them to send out my scripts so they are literally a law unto themselves but not long left and I would like an idea of where marks were and weren’t allocated, least they can do without even a marking scheme to try and understand why people fail.

Advertisement