Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭caius97

Does anyone have the Nov EU paper or remember what topics came up? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 tommytimber

Does anyone have Tort Sample Answers from 2016 onwards? PM me please and thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

Hiya, I am waiting on constitution and got the bellow yesterday! Did they not have to issue the data request within a period of 2 weeks?

Thank you for your email.

Please note, we have received a large volume of requests and are currently working to process them as quickly as possible.

We endeavour to have the email containing the marks awarded for each question sent to you shortly.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in the matter.

Think they have 30 days to send your script

caius97 wrote: »
    Does anyone have the Nov EU paper or remember what topics came up? Thanks!

Essay on human rights and how it has changed since foundation of EEC
    Problem q on direct effect and member state liability or essay on the meaning on equivalence and practical possibility and how they ar wised to help member states deal with breaches of EU law
    Problem q on free movement of goods
    Problem q on free movement of people and citizenship - right to a job within the civil service
    Essay on the case of UPA v Council and meaning of fourth paragraph of article 263
    Essay on the council commission and parliament and effect of Lisbon treaty in establishing new or amending legislation, delegated acts and implementing acts
    Case notes
    Essay on mergers

• Registered Users Posts: 24 laworlawww

2021law wrote: »
    Hi guys , I have registered for FE1s and now it says “under review “ I have not paid anything yet .

Is that because it’s my first time doing the FE1s?

Thanks

I wouldn't worry about that, since it's your first time they just have to look through the application to make sure you're eligible etc so it takes a bit longer, they'll contact you if there's any issues. I'm sure you'll be approved soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

How far along is everyone with their study?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Iconic10

wonder will we have the recheck results by the closing date - hope so as i’m not applying until 19th but have a feeling the results won’t be out by the 22nd

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

Iconic10 wrote: »
    wonder will we have the recheck results by the closing date - hope so as i’m not applying until 19th but have a feeling the results won’t be out by the 22nd

They are normally accurate with their provisional release date for results so I'd say we'll get them on the 19th

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Lealaw

Would anyone happen to have the tort or company November paper? or know what came up?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 7 EM11

Hi guys, I got a first in the last company exam and got my paper back today (no marks included). If anyone wants a copy, send me a message and I can email it on. I used the Independent Colleges manual and researched a few recent cases, but nothing other than that. They're definitely not model answers, but might give you an idea of what the examiner is looking for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Debarramike137

Would anyone have recent contract examiner reports please ? have loads I can swap
    Thanks a lot

does property rights come up often in constitutional or could it be left out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 FE1Rookies

Could you leave Competition Law out in EU? Cant seem to get my head around it.

Also would you be covered with just Institution, General Principles, Direct Effect & MS Liability, FMOG, JR and Free Movement of Persons?

Any advice would be great. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ruby1998

Doing 4 exams and still making notes!

ruby1998 wrote: »
    Doing 4 exams and still making notes!

Same as myself

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

Doing 5 and almost finished notes. Want as much time for revision as possible

FE1Rookies wrote: »
    Could you leave Competition Law out in EU? Cant seem to get my head around it.

Also would you be covered with just Institution, General Principles, Direct Effect & MS Liability, FMOG, JR and Free Movement of Persons?

Any advice would be great. Thanks :)

I’d add in citizenship as it come duo with free movement of people - I left out competition and passed comfortably in November

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭FE1Eire

2021law wrote: »
    Hi guys , I have registered for FE1s and now it says “under review “ I have not paid anything yet .

Is that because it’s my first time doing the FE1s?

Thanks

This is because you are sitting them for the first time! You have to prove you have the proper qualifications or that you've sat the preliminary exam!

They should get back to you soon and then you pay! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭FE1Eire

Any tips on what to cover for Tort? Finding it difficult to narrow down topics!

does anyone’s mark actually change with the recheck ???

• Advertisement

does anyone’s mark actually change with the recheck ???

Doubt it. I applied for a recheck on one of mine and I'm expecting to receive the exact same %. I do not for a second believe that an external examiner reads over the papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 BugsySiegel

NewFe1 wrote: »
    Doubt it. I applied for a recheck on one of mine and I'm expecting to receive the exact same %. I do not for a second believe that an external examiner reads over the papers.

Of course they do. They hardly just pretend that they are reviewing them and do nothing. I know someone who got brought up to a pass in Company a few sittings ago. Iv also heard of plenty of people whos marks increased or decreased.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Iso_123

I'm sitting my last 2 and I have about 75% of my notes done but haven't really been rote learning them off yet.. I'm working full time at the moment too but have 3 weeks off for the exams so hoping that'll give me the time I need to do all the rote learning/revision

NewFe1 wrote: »

likewise, expecting the exact same remark back sigh

Iso_123 wrote: »
    I'm sitting my last 2 and I have about 75% of my notes done but haven't really been rote learning them off yet.. I'm working full time at the moment too but have 3 weeks off for the exams so hoping that'll give me the time I need to do all the rote learning/revision
    how did you manage to get three weeks off ? my exams are spaced a week apart so only have approx five days off or so before each exam. in panic mode now

likewise, expecting the exact same remark back sigh
    at this stage i’ll just be glad to know whether i need to resist or not, if i don’t and i manage to pass i’ll need to change my annual leave yet again. the exams should have been in april this year in my opinion - the way they have managed this throughout covid has been a total ****show and shows a complete disregard and lack of respect to everybody and their time. when they changed the dates to late march i had to ask my boss to change my annual leave - would have saved everyone the hassle had they just put the exams mid april as some years the exams don’t start till april at all

at this stage i’ll just be glad to know whether i need to resist or not, if i don’t and i manage to pass i’ll need to change my annual leave yet again. the exams should have been in april this year in my opinion - the way they have managed this throughout covid has been a total ****show and shows a complete disregard and lack of respect to everybody and their time. when they changed the dates to late march i had to ask my boss to change my annual leave and if i pass the recheck i will need to amend my leave dates yet again - would have saved everyone the hassle had they just put the exams mid april as some years the exams don’t start till april at all

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Iso_123

how did you manage to get three weeks off ? my exams are spaced a week apart so only have approx five days off or so before each exam. in panic mode now

I just got a new job in November after being off for a couple of months due to covid and then the November sitting. They knew I was doing the FE1's when I started and they were super nice about it! Just got lucky I guess with a nice firm

• Registered Users Posts: 13 MylesH

Having some trouble trying to ascertain which 'test' should be used to put a bank on inquiry if a question were to come up under Undue Influence.

I know there's both the 'manifest disadvantage' aspect and the 'non-commercial relationship (Etridge)' aspect but unsure of which one would be the right one for our jurisdiction?

I mean, it seems both have been either endorsed or disregarded at different times?

It's just not computing today!

Argh

• Advertisement

do ye think we’ll have recheck results monday or friday ? they said week of 19th so not sure what that means

Advertisement