Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 MylesH

Iconic10 wrote: »
    does anyone’s mark actually change with the recheck ???

Have heard of some people getting marked up enough to pass.

I got marked up from 46 to 48 in the recheck I applied for. Would rather they had left the mark as 46 instead of pushing it closer to the 50 :rolleyes:

Funnily enough, out of the six exams I've done that was the exam I felt most confident coming out of

Despicable cashcow of a system but if you have the money I'd say go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

how did you manage to get three weeks off ? my exams are spaced a week apart so only have approx five days off or so before each exam. in panic mode now

i get no study time, I was lucky to get the four days this sitting, in November I did the exams in the office and had to work after the exam!!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

awsah wrote: »
    i get no study time, I was lucky to get the four days this sitting, in November I did the exams in the office and had to work after the exam!!

I get like 3 days but tbf it’s a new job and they did tell me I wouldn’t have the time off but it was either give up the chance of this great opportunity or suck it up haha

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

MylesH wrote: »
    Having some trouble trying to ascertain which 'test' should be used to put a bank on inquiry if a question were to come up under Undue Influence.

I know there's both the 'manifest disadvantage' aspect and the 'non-commercial relationship (Etridge)' aspect but unsure of which one would be the right one for our jurisdiction?

I mean, it seems both have been either endorsed or disregarded at different times?

It's just not computing today!

Argh

Think most recent case is roche and buttimer don’t think it fully endorsed etrudge but was impressed by it

It came up in November as an essay

Oh wait sorry are you one for equity or contract

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Bjsm

Does anyone have Griffith's Equity sample answers they would like to sell me please? TIA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Bjsm

Anyone have Griffiths sample answers for Equity?? Please

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Iconic10

is personal liberty important for constitution ? did article 38.1 come up in november ?

predictions for tort ?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

do ye think we’ll have recheck results monday or friday ? they said week of 19th so not sure what that means

They didn't say week of the 19th, they said provisional release date is the 19th so I'd expect we will have them on Friday.

NewFe1 wrote: »
    They didn't say week of the 19th, they said provisional release date is the 19th so I'd expect we will have them on Friday.

eek fingers crossed i go up from 46 to at least 50

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

Ha anyone ever heard of people being brought up in constitutional

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

What are people's thoughts re insolvency for company? Will we need to cover each of the four topics for March? (Receivership, Examinership, Winding Up, Realisation of Corporate Assets)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ihatethesea

Do people think that unenumerated rights will come up? With the whole Gemma O'Doherty thing and the right to travel etc? Or is it too small to be examined?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ihatethesea

Do people think that unenumerated rights will come up? With the whole Gemma O'Doherty thing and the right to travel etc? Or is it too small to be examined?

RE Constitutional

our lecturer said right to travel doesn’t tend to really come up - i’m leaving it out

You should definitely be familiar with unenumerated rights for the exam and it would be no harm to have a paragraph prepared re GOD and Waters but that should suffice.

Talk about the distinction made in the recent Friends of the Irish Environment SC case between unenumerated rights and 'derived' rights. Little things like that will scoop you up handy marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭caius97

what topics are people covering for property?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 BugsySiegel

Unenumerated rights nearly always come up in some form. Im starting with the more examinable ones and working my way down. Doubt Il get them all covered.

do we have five or seven years to pass them all ?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭phildub

CONSTITUTIONAL

Hey,so im planning on leaving out the right to life, but what are people's thoughts on the right to die, worth covering? I know it's pretty topical at the moment but no major developments in this jurisdiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭legallyginger

caius97 wrote: »
    what topics are people covering for property?

I'm looking towards:
    Succession
    Adverse Possession
    Easements
    Findings
    Family
    Co-Ownership
    Registered and unregistered land
    landlord tenant
    mortgages

Hoping to be covered with all this

• Advertisement

who else will be up late studying tonight ?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭APower79

who else will be up late studying tonight ?

I should be but can’t get motivated!! Praying I have enough time left to do what I need. Was hoping my kids would be back at school would be back soon but that doesn’t look like it’s happening. So I only have a couple hrs max per day to study

Company Law

This is probably a stupid question but would I be correct in thinking that the Section 602 question from the last sitting was in reference to the realisation of corporate assets, rather than winding up? Thanks

"Section 602 of the Companies Act is a statutory example of the pari passu principle which requires all creditors of an insolvent company to be placed on an equal footing and not 'leap frog' the statutory queue ordained by the CA 2014".

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

Company grid anyone? Trying to narrow down and predict!!!!

what came up in tort november paper anyone please ? thanks

are people covering passing off for tort ?

has anyone any recent constitution sample answers, mine only go up to 2017 and I would prefer to work off more recent papers. I have plenty to swap for all subject!

what came up in tort november paper anyone please ? thanks

This is the paper, I am just posting it for the questions, I only got 55 so I wouldn't be using my answers as a guideline!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭caius97

Any chance anyone has the Spring papers for tort, property, criminal or EU? thanks in advance, have plenty of materials to swap for in these subjects :)

caius97 wrote: »
    Any chance anyone has the Spring papers for tort, property, criminal or EU? thanks in advance, have plenty of materials to swap for in these subjects :)

I don't know if you meant the most recent spring paper or all the spring papers, but here is Criminal back to 2015. I am looking for recent constitution sample answers if you have any, 2018 onwards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭FE1s2021

What are people focusing on for equity ?

Advertisement