Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

Would anyone who passed constitutional be willing share their paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Iconic10

what cases do people think might come up for constitutional case notes ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 JimmyJazzz

Hi Folks,

I hope the study is going well for everyone. Don't panic if you're not 'in the zone' yet, there's plenty of time left.

Apologies if this is a repeat request but could someone please kindly tell me what came up in Company last November?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭bobbyness

Company grid anyone? Trying to narrow down and predict!!!!

Looking myself too! If I find one I'll let you know, and vice versa. No idea what subjects are likely to come up!

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

bobbyness wrote: »
    Looking myself too! If I find one I'll let you know, and vice versa. No idea what subjects are likely to come up!

this one is up to oct 2019

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭bobbyness

awsah wrote: »
    this one is up to oct 2019

Lifesaver! Sure there are people on here who know what came up last sitting so we can fill in the blanks!

Does anyone remember the topics for the last Company law exam?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

Hi all, I just got my Constitution Mark's back. Can anybody please let me know what was covered for q5 ( The Protection of Waters Act) I cant understand why I didnt pass this question. My main focus was delegated legislation....

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭phildub

Hi all, I just got my Constitution Mark's back. Can anybody please let me know what was covered for q5 ( The Protection of Waters Act) I cant understand why I didnt pass this question. My main focus was delegated legislation....

Was there something to do with property rights or right to earn livlihood or something of that nature? What was the question?

phildub wrote: »
    Was there something to do with property rights or right to earn livlihood or something of that nature? What was the question?

Yeah it involved a river cessation order etc . I don't have the question at hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

Yeah it involved a river cessation order etc . I don't have the question at hand.

I think that was a PQ involving property rights, proportionality and maybe something else! I can't remember fully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 church street 94

Anyone have up to date constitutional sample answers? Only have up to Oct 2017. Thank you :)

bobbyness wrote: »
    Lifesaver! Sure there are people on here who know what came up last sitting so we can fill in the blanks!

Does anyone remember the topics for the last Company law exam?

i actually have the 2020 papers

Anyone have up to date constitutional sample answers? Only have up to Oct 2017. Thank you :)

i am looking also,if you find any will you let me know and i'll do the same

Has anyone passed constitutional and would be kind enough to glance at my script I got 36 and still can’t see where I went so wrong and feel so lost

• Registered Users Posts: 46 BugsySiegel

Hey, it's probably been asked already but can anyone tell me what topics came up in the last Constitutional sitting?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Lazydiddles

Same here. I focussed on delegated legislation and don’t know what went wrong!!

jus_me wrote: »
    Has anyone passed constitutional and would be kind enough to glance at my script I got 36 and still can’t see where I went so wrong and feel so lost

hi, your inbox is full so none can send you pms just fyi!

awsah wrote: »
    hi, your inbox is full so none can send you pms just fyi!

Sorted thank you :))

• Registered Users Posts: 22 BookFast

Would anyone have their Constitutional script from November that I could please have a look at? Can swap my materials for all other subjects!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Hiya1234

Hi, I got 14/20 in the q and my answer was on the government's right to natural resources, proportionality, property rights and right to earn a livelihood

• Advertisement

Hiya1234 wrote: »
    Hi, I got 14/20 in the q and my answer was on the government's right to natural resources, proportionality, property rights and right to earn a livelihood

with the large volume of topic mixing how did you approach the ILAC method for the problem question - how many cases did you state in the LAW section ?

Ah thanks for your reply. Did you mention delegated legislation? I think I didnt fully appreciate the natural resources element but I did cover proportionality and right to earn a livelihood....

would anyone who passed constitutional be willing to shar their paper ? pm me, would be nice to see another perspective TIA

Ah thanks for your reply. Did you mention delegated legislation? I think I didnt fully appreciate the natural resources element but I did cover proportionality and right to earn a livelihood....

No i didn't mention delegated legislation - q7 was about delegated legislation.

If you contrast the phrasing in q 5 to q7, you can see why delegated legislation wouldn't be a prominent issue in q5. For delegated legislation to apply you would need to look for a phase like this from q 7 :"Section 5 of the Act provides that the Minister for the Environment has the power to make “SUCH REGS AS APPEAR APPROPRIATE..." whereas q5 just says "minister has power to make a cessation order."

Whenever there looks like a wide discretion is being given to the minister and you are unsure if he has the power to do that, then apply delegated legislation law.

Hope that helps

Iconic10 wrote: »
    with the large volume of topic mixing how did you approach the ILAC method for the problem question - how many cases did you state in the LAW section ?

First dealt with natural resource issue - 1 case / article 10
    Then went to right to property - roughly have 9-10 cases / article 40+43
    then did livelihood - 4 cases / article 40
    then proportionality - 4 cases
    conclusion

First dealt with natural resource issue - 1 case / article 10
    Then went to right to property - roughly have 9-10 cases / article 40+43
    then did livelihood - 4 cases / article 40
    then proportionality - 4 cases
    conclusion

did you do your application of the law separate after you had set out all the cases ?

Iconic10 wrote: »
    did you do your application of the law separate after you had set out all the cases ?

each issue has its own law, application and mini conclusion

i.e. i explained the issue of property, i set out the law, i then applied it and made my argument/mini conclusion. Move on to next issue and repeat.

sum up all issues in main conclusion at the end

No i didn't mention delegated legislation - q7 was about delegated legislation.

If you contrast the phrasing in q 5 to q7, you can see why delegated legislation wouldn't be a prominent issue in q5. For delegated legislation to apply you would need to look for a phase like this from q 7 :"Section 5 of the Act provides that the Minister for the Environment has the power to make “SUCH REGS AS APPEAR APPROPRIATE..." whereas q5 just says "minister has power to make a cessation order."

Whenever there looks like a wide discretion is being given to the minister and you are unsure if he has the power to do that, then apply delegated legislation law.

Hope that helps

Thank you so much that really is a huge help ! In relation to q7 would there also be room to discuss equality? So the issue at the end in relation to i the act and ii the regulations- is that referring to the fact that the primary legislation did not have sufficient principles and policies in place OR was it the case that the Minister acted outside them?

Thank you so much that really is a huge help ! In relation to q7 would there also be room to discuss equality? So the issue at the end in relation to i the act and ii the regulations- is that referring to the fact that the primary legislation did not have sufficient principles and policies in place OR was it the case that the Minister acted outside them?

No in my opinion q7 wasnt an equality q. I dont see where that would come in?

so there was no mention of principles and policies which means it was an impermissible delegation of authority.

the three main issues I dealt with were standing, delegation and property rights for the 750 euro fee

• Advertisement

No in my opinion q7 wasnt an equality q. I dont see where that would come in?

so there was no mention of principles and policies which means it was an impermissible delegation of authority.

the three main issues I dealt with were standing, delegation and property rights for the 750 euro fee

Thanks for all your help , much appreciated.

Advertisement