Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Jbholmes

Hi as somebody who has not sat an Fe1 exam I'm looking for guidance on how much time/study is required to pass these exams. I was thinking of signing up for 2 in the next sitting. Is 6 weeks sufficient time? I would be studying full time. Would appreciate people's thoughts.
    Thank you kindly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Michael517

Does anyone have a copy of the October 2017 equity exam?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

Jbholmes wrote: »
    Hi as somebody who has not sat an Fe1 exam I'm looking for guidance on how much time/study is required to pass these exams. I was thinking of signing up for 2 in the next sitting. Is 6 weeks sufficient time? I would be studying full time. Would appreciate people's thoughts.
    Thank you kindly.

Definitely doable especially if picking two of the shorter ones !

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Byrne11

Hey, I'm in the same boat - I have just registered to sit three (company, property and criminal).
    I think if you put the head down for the next few weeks it will definitely be doable!

The very best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 blondie8856

Hi guys,

Just wondering if someone could let me know how long the FE-1s stay valid for? Have two sat already but thinking of taking a break and moving abroad after the next set in March.

Can't seem to find the information anywhere so would be very appreciative if someone could let me know.

• Advertisement

Hi guys,

Just wondering if someone could let me know how long the FE-1s stay valid for? Have two sat already but thinking of taking a break and moving abroad after the next set in March.

Can't seem to find the information anywhere so would be very appreciative if someone could let me know.

You have 7 years to pass them all and after that you have 5 years to enter into a traineeship

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

Jbholmes wrote: »
    Thank you kindly.

6 weeks for 2 is plenty of time

• Registered Users Posts: 8 CO.LAW20

Does anybody have the March 2020 and November 2020 paper for EU law please??

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Fe1ak

anyone have any tips on how to make you application stand out when applying to firms for traineeships. I haven't applied for any this year but will start next year when I'm hoping to have 4 FE1 done. I have a good cv but my college grades are just below a 2.1 so I'm afraid I'll be immediately dismissed

Fe1ak wrote: »
    anyone have any tips on how to make you application stand out when applying to firms for traineeships. I haven't applied for any this year but will start next year when I'm hoping to have 4 FE1 done. I have a good cv but my college grades are just below a 2.1 so I'm afraid I'll be immediately dismissed

For the bigger firms with the application forms it’s all about how you answer the questions asked so look up a few of the questions and do some practice answers - they also now do a Watson glasser test so practice those.

For smaller firms that require a cv and cover letter just really focus on any extra curricular activities you did in college and your work experience and how that will help you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Diamond_Hands

Fe1ak wrote: »

I probably wouldn't apply to the bigger firms with a 2.2 unless you have something exceptional to make you stand out as you'll be quickly rejected. That's not me saying it, all of the big firms have 2.1 as a min requirement. You can defo improve your application by highlighting all of your experiences and what you've done.

I probably wouldn't apply to the bigger firms with a 2.2 unless you have something exceptional to make you stand out as you'll be quickly rejected. That's not me saying it, all of the big firms have 2.1 as a min requirement. You can defo improve your application by highlighting all of your experiences and what you've done.

A&l don’t specify any grade anymore - think some firms got rid of the grade requirement and introduced the Watson glasser test

Could be wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Diamond_Hands

A&l don’t specify any grade anymore - think some firms got rid of the grade requirement and introduced the Watson glasser test

Could be wrong

This is very naive. The big 5 firms get about a thousand applicants for a few dozen places, and if you look at any intake, pretty much all have really good academics. They screen for grades. And the Watson Glaser results don't really factor in, they're just looking for a minimum benchmark for you to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Iconic10

how long are the applications for traineeships that are open now out open until ? would it be ok to start applying once the exams are done, would they be open still ?

Iconic10 wrote: »
    how long are the applications for traineeships that are open now out open until ? would it be ok to start applying once the exams are done, would they be open still ?

I think most are closed now (a lot didn’t open for traineeships just internships) but Philip lee is open until end of April

This is very naive. The big 5 firms get about a thousand applicants for a few dozen places, and if you look at any intake, pretty much all have really good academics. They screen for grades. And the Watson Glaser results don't really factor in, they're just looking for a minimum benchmark for you to get it.

No I’m not being naive hahah they used to specify that you need a 2:1 and that is no longer the case

Also they definitely use the Watson glasser test - have been told that by many big firms in England that yes it’s just a minimum you need to achieve but they take notice of people that do the best in it

I think most are closed now (a lot didn’t open for traineeships just internships) but Philip lee is open until end of April

what other firms are open now ? when will the next intake be ?

is an internship worth it ?

what other firms are open now ? when will the next intake be ?

is an internship worth it ?

I don’t know of any others open atm but there probably is one or two still open

Philip lee is advertising for 2023
    A lot of the big firms are full for the next two years

I’d definitely apply for an internship it’s a way in and you get to see if the firm is a good fit for you

I don’t know of any others open atm but there probably is one or two still open

Philip lee is advertising for 2023
    A lot of the big firms are full for the next two years

I’d definitely apply for an internship it’s a way in and you get to see if the firm is a good fit for you

will they be doing another round of interviews come september / autumn time or is it only every spring ?

will they be doing another round of interviews come september / autumn time or is it only every spring ?

Usually firms advertise for traineeships in September - was only this year firms didn’t due to the virus so I assume the ones that didn’t advertise for traineeships this year will be doing th emilkrounds come September but just depends

For summer internships they usually advertise in November / December with closing dates in February

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 lawgrad2020

Hello, apologies if this is already asked - but if a script is marked by an external examiner already, is there any chance of it going up in a recheck?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭caius97

Does anyone have the property march 2020 paper by any chance? :) thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16 fe120202021

hey Everyone, could anyone help me with narrowing down constitutional and tort? any key topics that generally come up that might be best to start with?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

Does anyone have any good defamation notes? Happy to pay!

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

hey Everyone, could anyone help me with narrowing down constitutional and tort? any key topics that generally come up that might be best to start with?

I’m hoping for the president/Ag, a constitutional interpretation question and a FOE question! That’s as far as my guess work has gone so far :)

jus_me wrote: »
    I’m hoping for the president/Ag, a constitutional interpretation question and a FOE question! That’s as far as my guess work has gone so far :)

I’d also be hoping for the president or ag - tho it hasn’t come up in ages and the exam seems to be getting harder and harder so not holding out much hope haha

I think maybe a question on family may come up

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭legallyginger

I’d also be hoping for the president or ag - tho it hasn’t come up in ages and the exam seems to be getting harder and harder so not holding out much hope haha

I think maybe a question on family may come up

On foot of this would anybody have any casenote advice?
    Also hoping for a family question and FOE

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭BigSprogs

Anyone know what the story is with the Access programme? I'd say I'm probably eligible, and have the application here to fill out. But finding a lot of conflicting information regarding deadlines for applications (like the application I have was only released at the start of this month, but I read that there was a deadline for applications on January 8th?) It does say that applications are reviewed throughout the year with interviews held twice a year, so do you guys reckon if I applied this month I should be accepted before starting PPC1/PPC Hybrid?
    Also, anyone have experience with having PPC fees waived/lowered due to Access programme?

who is planning on doing case note for constitution or is it too risky to score well in ? if doing it how many cases surrounding the case note should we know ? thanks

• Advertisement

if we get a problem question where garda has issues a warrant for constitutional, are all warrants issued by garda unconstitutional on foot of Damache? i know that JC v DPP the warrant was constitutional as i think the decision in damache had not fully come to a close at that point - is that correct ?

Advertisement